1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help regarding google analytics and webmasters.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Devesh Sharma, Oct 16, 2013.

I have to analyze traffic. so please tell me which is best tool. Its google analytics or webmasters.
    I also need to know that can we use both tool simultaneously or have to use on tool only

Solved! View solution.
    Devesh Sharma, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  2. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Google analytics is an industry standard tool here, when you say Webmasters are you referring to Web master tools? primarily you should be using Google Analytics and perhaps take a look at AW stats in cPanel if your hosting Control Panel is cPanel.

Adam.jack, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  3. 6YardsOut

6YardsOut Member

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is the thing you want as it tells you everything you need to know about the traffic coming through to your site.

It will show you exactly where the traffic is coming from, your bounce rate, how long people spend on the site and much more.

Webmaster Tools is used for different reasons such as telling you how many backlinks you have although it is not entirely accurate. It does more things that help you with your site but I won't go into that now.

6YardsOut, Oct 16, 2013 IP
    Google analytics and Webmaster tool both factors is best because all type of website related stuff is showing in that Google analytic like a visits, bounce rate, time on site, social links and etc... Same is Web Development company lot's of Client so all website links add in Webmaster tool also effective because you checked broken links, any links errors, duplicate links check and any other also...

SASA Techno, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  5. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google Analytics for traffic analysis.
    We use Webmaster Tools primarily for submitting Sitemap, detecting crawl errors/ broken links, and SERP rank tracking

C.Rebecca, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  6. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to prefer Google analytics for you website.

Andy01, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  7. Devesh Sharma

Devesh Sharma Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks SASA and all..Now i understand i have to go with Google Analytics to analyze the traffic and if need to see broken links or crawl errors i have to go with Webmasters....Thanks a lot

Devesh Sharma, Oct 17, 2013 IP