1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help to develop my premium domains

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sandbuck, Oct 15, 2013.

I have a couple of good domains I want to develop,they are
    Yogatraining.com
    Attorneylistings.com
    I have a couple of ideas what to do,but I would like some additional feedback.
    I also considering selling sub domains emails for example
    For attorneylistings.com I am planning a directory,I would like to know what would be the best way to market the listings(some free and some featured)
    How would I get the best response?

Thanks
    Bob

sandbuck, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    email would be a good idea, offer it for free for now, after you get like 2-3000 signups, start charging for premium stuff.

directory site will also be a good idea, make sure you do it manual approval, ( will take care of spam)

also, if possible, give them a multisite wordpress listing, so that they can put their site on YOUR domain, making it much more valuable in the long run, like wordpress.COM

competent123, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  3. Blinky82

Blinky82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good idea for Yogatraining.com could be developing a training site, where you can give Yoga tips and tricks. Create an discussion board, and you can start collecting their emails. Once you have a good list, you can start promoting some products, services or just asking them to make their accounts premium, as @competent123 mentioned.

Before starting such a site, you should thing of what makes you different from the others. You need to focus on this uniques feature and you are done. A friend of mind wanted to develop a site, where people would have the chance to pay (on a monthly base) a membership and every month you have your personal training program. The idea is really nice, because you do not need to download files to follow it, just log in to your account and looking at what day it is and what you have to to on this day. It was really simple and easy at the same time. He also thought that and well-done app will be a great addition in future, but he didn't make even step 1 to realize it.

Pretty much of this refers to the other domain. Directory is a great idea, but you can also thing of reviews as well. ;) Good luck.

Blinky82, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  4. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could always sell yoga training products for commission. You could take a look at Clickbank and see what products they have for your market :)

Adam.jack, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  5. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    With both sites you could develop them with quality information pages (not posts) and related high PR backlinks. When they're ranking well on page 1 for specific keywords, then you could create pages with geo targeting and sell leads on the attorney site and ads on the yoga site. Personally I would put the yoga site on the back burner for later and focus on just the attorney site. Well done on getting a couple of great domains.

Cyberchoices, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  6. PNV

PNV Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you google yoga training you get loads of yoga teacher training and yoga certification programs. This is a huge industry. You can sell packages to retreats around the world, yoga gear,

At some point you can charge schools to list on your site.

Become the authority on yoga teacher training and yoga certification programs.

Good Luck

PNV, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  7. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    The Yoga domain is a particularly good one I think - a few ideas (depends on what you have to spend);

As you mentioned you wanted to generate some traffic;
    • You could do some work around contacting yoga experts via direct mail, email, linkedin, twitter etc and invite them to become part of the community.
    • You could ask them if they'd like to contribute tips and tricks in return for a link back to their website, or a premium listing for a month (one article = one month free premium listing in your directory?)
    • By generating content, you should be able to attract some organic traffic - you might need to do a bit of work on keyword research etc and tweak the articles so they fit, but would be well worth it.
    • Contact Yoga associations and see if they'll add you to their directories etc (again, depends on the content of the site whether its aimed at yoga professionals or those wishing to participate in yoga)
    • A directory with listings will help get you some organic traffic, especially for those yoga professionals without a web presence.

There are plenty of ideas on what to do with the site, but it all comes down to what you think will drive traffic to the site (assuming monetization is the reason for developing them). Pick a niche in each, fill the websites with great, human readable content, make the sites conform to webmaster standards and give the visitors something they might not get anywhere else.

On the email idea, while I think its a good one, most people have an email address these days and are tied to it even its a gmail account. It's not 'really' something unique (other than the address I suppose). You could instead offer a one-page website for those that don't have a web presence with their contact details, logo etc based on your subdomain (joesyoga.yogatraining.com). Offer that free for a little while until you build a base then start charging for it. You could also make one of the conditions of the service a backlink to your website so you get some traffic from those as well.

Hope that helps you on your way to working out what to do with those domains - Good luck!

web3k, Oct 22, 2013 IP