1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advanced Sales Reports

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by bellcom, Oct 13, 2013.

Ok, maybe not advanced but it seems that way to me :)
    Had a client asking me to convert their site over to opencart but they had some specific sales report requirements.

They are using a hosted do it your self type site now where you just choose from available templates and it looks pretty plain & outdated.

I am good at customizing opencart sites to look really cool & unique but none of my clients are really large or have asked for such detailed reports. Here is what they are asking for:

The salesman reports need to extract sub-totals of orders totaled up based on a specific date range.
    Entire backorder report without the need to print every open order.
    Open order report whereby 10 items ordered, 9 shipped, leaving one on backorder by default.
    Backorder report by department.
    Customer accounts with ledgers/activity all in one.
    All connectivity functioning for all carriers and tracking number fed back from Ship Station to cust file with auto email.
    All auto emails functioning regarding cust contact/updates
    Year, make,model dropdown

Are these common requests for larger retailers? I don't think the default report system in OpenCart will do this but there is probably some third party extensions that may.

Does Magento provide these type of reports or is a mod/plugin also required.

I will probably pass on this since it is beyond my understanding but just wondering if this is something I should familiarize myself with?

thanks!!

bellcom, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  2. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mmm, it's good info. that cover the relevance over sales matters...

Michael Leng, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  3. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is possible with Magento. Also you can try some third party plugins in opencart.

Its good to pass on which is beyond our understanding. Alternately you can try contacting with opencart team if they can support you. This way you can even learn the process of doing if this is possible.

sigmainfo, Oct 15, 2013 IP