1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it good to use Weebly for rebuilding websites?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by silent_1, Oct 1, 2013.

Is it good to use Weebly for rebuilding websites? Also how do I do that?

silent_1, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  2. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Our company uses weebly and it is an easy way to get a very nice website layout. If you don't want to use wordpress to develop your site, it is an easy way to go. You can focus on the content rather than the technical design. All you need to do is signup and you will have a web site you can develop and review while you main site is still up. Then you will have to point your domain name to your weebly site, or use your weebly address. There are free, starter $4, and pro $6 options. You can signup and try it out for free at weebly.com. If you tie it to your domain name, you will need to use a paid version but you will not need a web host. Though not the cheapest, it's a pretty nice way to have a site for $4/mo

Nick Gomez, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  3. John Alex

John Alex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes it is good to use weebly. It is also good way to get a website.

John Alex, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  4. diyakapoor

diyakapoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    weebly.com is a good option in the list of web builders sites. But if you are also looking for search engine rankings, then use wordpress.com. Wordpress.com blogs are easily crawled and indexed by Google

diyakapoor, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are redesigning an existing site, taking a thousand steps BACKWARDS with inaccessible non-semantic bloated garbage shortcuts like weebly is NOT the answer. Their sites are poster children of everything WRONG with people sleazing out buggy broken useless websites any old way.

Either learn HTML/CSS and do it properly, or hire someone who can. Do not take the sleazy shortcut.

deathshadow, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That all depends if you want anyone to take your website seriously, My 12 year old daughter has a weebly site dedicated to her ponies and that's about all it's good for.

malky66, Oct 11, 2013 IP
    YMC, wiicker95, Arick unirow and 2 others like this.
  7. Jason Macfarlane

Jason Macfarlane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd definitely suggest you learn HTML and CSS, or get someone who knows them to help you if you can. If you're rebuilding a site, you probably just have to modify the current HTML and CSS. I'm not too familiar with Weebly, but I'm pretty sure you can do a lot more without it… if you know how :)

Jason Macfarlane, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ... and I'd not even go that far.

deathshadow, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  9. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly, so many local webmaster use Webly to scam the others. They make a simple site with Webly, send Short Message Service (SMS) to peoples whom barely use internet and ask them to transfer the money.
    I remember helping local companies to locate and take down some 'naughty sites'. Another site which is often being used as the place to scam people is webs dot com.
    Off course we cannot blame the owner but I think they should response quickly to any 'abuse report'.
    Edit:
    For OP, Use Webly if you really want it. However, there are lots of choice if you just want to create good site. I do suggest you to use 'WordPress self-hosted' (or any CMS of your choices).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Arick unirow, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  10. devilx

devilx Active Member

Best Answers:
    buy hosting and domain , you will be look professional.

devilx, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  11. devilx

devilx Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, many peoples used Webly to scam i know this.. best way buy hosting and domain

devilx, Oct 15, 2013 IP
    natali77 likes this.
  12. DesignForLife

DesignForLife Member

Best Answers:
    Can only concur with opinions above.
    Weebly should be used only for very simple projects.
    Wordpress has enough "power" for me and you can do a lot for free.
    I have been using Wordpress for 2 months and am starting to get comfortable with HTML / CSS.
    You can then do more or less anything.

DesignForLife, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  13. UPandDOWN

UPandDOWN Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've used weebly in the past, when the first time I searching around how to make blog/website.
    I suggest you looking into Wordpress, it's more simple & easy, so many customization you can do and I'm sure you will love it.

UPandDOWN, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  14. silent_1

silent_1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. At least I know now what should I do. :)

silent_1, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  15. Jesse Helms

Jesse Helms Peon

Best Answers:
    I used weebly or some time, nice easy setup, and that where it kinda ends when you want to make it pop, your kinda screwed, I have spent HOURS trying to add html to their "html editor" do yourself a huge service, get real hosting (I use froghost.com) get dreamweaver or the like and do it right, you'll be saving a TON of time and possibly keyboards from being smashed out of frustration!

Jesse Helms, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  16. domz3669

domz3669 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been studying Weebly's CSS and HTML and i made a good blog for it. I research for codes that can be applied to Weebly, though i made my blog in blogger, my topic is focused on Weebly development. Weebly is a gold if you know how to turn it to. Have some tips for customization in my blog at weeblytricks.blogspot.com

domz3669, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  17. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't disagree with what has been said above, but I would like to clarify that you don't have to use the Weebly domain. Our company has a regular domain name and we simply point to weebly's nameservers. I also think folks are being a bit harsh about weebly's services. We have had a site hosted on Weebly for over 2 years now, with little to no downtime. There are many small businesses that cannot afford to hire an IT person or web designer to build a site or pay a web design firm every time changes need to be made. I think one can get a pretty professional looking site without custom building an HTML site, and our marketing gal is able to roll changes the same day we ask for them. I have many of my own domains and webhosts running wordpress now and I have build many sites in html using dreamweaver in the past, and I'm happy to stay away from daily use of it these days...

Nick Gomez, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  18. Areeba Syed

Areeba Syed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It Depends on you ,...

but these are creepy short cuts. better to learn HTML/CSS and create on your own :)

Areeba Syed, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  19. domz3669

domz3669 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is best for newbie giving some insights and ideas on how a website can be formed. Usually after knowing the basics and get bored, they will dig dipper and that's the time they look for terms like Dreamweaver... (Talking about my experience)

domz3669, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  20. webdesigngrl

webdesigngrl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's an example of how I use weebly as squeeze page… you can use free version
    rakeinrichesonline.weebly.com

webdesigngrl, Jan 12, 2014 IP