1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Tips or Suggestion For Google Images?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by briguy, Oct 14, 2013.

Hey there, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for getting images from my website onto Google images?

I have been using "long tail keywords" and my site's URL when I have been "naming" my images, for instance "hockey-skate-laces-(website without h ttp://).jpg

I figure by using quotations and putting the "image.jpg" into the image search bar, I would be able to find my images, but so far, I haven't.

Any tips and or suggestion, would be appreciated!
    Thanks for your time!

Note I did this "h ttp://).jpg" as not to make it a link.

briguy, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  2. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can simply write in Google image search and write in search box site:yourdomain.com
    and you can find all images from your site that is indexed by Google also you can submit Image-Sitemap in XML format to webmaster tool so from webmaster tool also you can get exact count of indexed images.

FreeFun4Every1, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  3. SirWriteAlot

SirWriteAlot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    stick to the rules

SirWriteAlot, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  4. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I should have made my posting more indepth... I did try the site:yourdomain.com and didn't the images that I was looking for. Thanks for the "Image-sitemap" tip.. will get on that!

"SirWriteAlot" can you write a lot more and explain, what this is supposed to mean, "stick to the rules"...

briguy, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  5. isha189

isha189 Member

Best Answers:
    I am assuming from your query that you just want to find the images for any keyword that belongs to your site means you are asking for image optimization ?

isha189, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  6. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    It is not necessary that all images from your site is indexed by Google also Google image bot is quite slow compared to Google Bot so the ratio of submitted vs Index is low in case of Image sitemap also the other case is possible that Image bot will index them later because sometimes it takes up to 6 months to appear image in image search.

and what are the Rules??? Sir Write Alot you should write a lot :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FreeFun4Every1, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  7. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    I think if we use relevant alt tags for each images separately in our website means then our image would be scrolled by Google

karthick9, Oct 14, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  8. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    It's correct but not only Alt tags If you want your all images to be indexed in Google so you need to give all images Unique name + unique title + unique ALT tags because Google consider this 3 main things while indexing any image. For example If you have 2 images so you should post them like this
    1st one with name abc.jpg with title="abc" & alt="abc"
    2nd is name xyz.jpg with title="xyz" & alt="xyz"
    So probably Google will index both as they both are different and unique images but you post them with same name or same title then it is possible Google will index only one of them or none of them.

FreeFun4Every1, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  9. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes agree with you @FreeFun4Every1. Also we should avoid giving name as image1.jpg or img.jpg instead if we give appropriate name means then it would also more helpful for google crawl.

karthick9, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  10. devilx

devilx Active Member

Best Answers:

yes @FreeFun4Every1 you so right.. alt tags and unique names is best way for google indexing..

and you can optimize your images with links..

devilx, Oct 15, 2013 IP