1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building Still In Use?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Julie Johnson, Oct 10, 2013.

As Google's Latest Updates impacting our rankings...
    I just want to know our old link building strategies such as social bookmarking, directory submission still in use???

Julie Johnson, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  2. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, Of course link building strategy is still good to get traffic. There is nothing wrong in that if you do it properly.

Thanks,
    Peter

seoaceindia, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  3. alexmung

alexmung Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the difference now with link building compared to pre penguin and panda is that quality out ways quantity. If you write good content that is what is important now. Sponsored posting and guest blogging are very effective ways to do this. Creating your own blog is becoming more and more key in helping google determine your position in the results pages. I have written a blog that contains keyword in the url that have suddenly appeared in google's listing, and without any backlinks to it. My website however does contain a good site rank which helps.

alexmung, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  4. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but changed now.

You can't apply the traditional link building techniques now. You will need to be bit smart and creative to get natural links.

khemraj, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  5. blogdev

blogdev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As someone said, you have to be smarter about links now. Although they help a lot, they can also hurt a lot.

Stay with relevant websites with good content to trade links with and you should be ok :)

blogdev, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. adilenkim12

adilenkim12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is not working now, you have to create best quality of links to increase your ranking and traffic for your website.

adilenkim12, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  7. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better focus on quality link for now.

MIYABI, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  8. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey @Julie Johnson,
    Link Building is still live after the latest Penguin 2.1 update. But you have to do it wisely
    Bookmarking is only for increasing crawl speed. it means the URL you are sharing is easily indexed in search engines. Choose your Bookmarking sites by
    1) Different IP
    2) Page Rank Minimum 2
    3) More Users Engaged
    4) Do-follow site
    Consider these and collect minimum 100 bookmarking sites. and split the bookmarking site into 5 categories . In Each Categories 20 sites present and share your URL with different Title and different description that is very important. Surely this will work.
    Or as per @MIYABI you can go with high quality links through guest blogging and other methods that is better

Regards,
    Roger

rogerbinny, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  9. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you @MIYABI Quality link is ever green concept. Which wont affect by any of the Google's previous or upcoming algorithms :)

rogerbinny, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  10. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing has changed. If you have original, high-quality content, and you have high-quality and relevant websites linking to your own website, not indulged in link spamming, keyword stuffing, malicious web pages, hidden text... then your website is still going to rank well.

C.Rebecca, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  11. BuilderX

BuilderX Peon

Best Answers:
    Myself i was using a link building service called "L... Emperor" for the past 3 months, but post penguin 2.1 i don't think i am going to renew my monthly subscription, as my website have been impacted... without penalty it seems as i don't have the option to request a google reconsideration, and i still see myself in google but in position 44 to 100 compared to #1 to 10 where i was before... but still this link building service is not helping me anymore to rise in Google, so i don't see point to stay a regular customer. It's why i joined this forum, to learn to do SEO but in a white hat manner this time.

BuilderX, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  12. PallaviSingh

PallaviSingh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Link Building is still in use but it should be from high PR website.

PallaviSingh, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  13. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information Thanks for sharing.. Got some ideas in doing social bookmarking after reading your comment

karthick9, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  14. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link Building still works be sure to build quality links

shaamblaze, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  15. jaamama

jaamama Banned

Best Answers:
    Link building is still very effective in SEO. This is a sample and free technique off generate back links google always appreciate free linking.

jaamama, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  16. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting quality links still works but I would concentrate on good quality content for your site.

kb24, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  17. renanorola

renanorola Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well even Google Shark update Link Building still the best and effective ways to get links and to get rank.

renanorola, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  18. webfantasy

webfantasy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Google's Latest Updates impacting our rankings...
    I just want to know our old link building strategies such as social bookmarking, directory submission still in use

webfantasy, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  19. Shnooky

Shnooky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I run an SEO service and I can tell you first hand that the last and really only form of effective link building is guest blog posting with a strong focus on high domain authority links. You have to remain consistent with your link building as well, you can't post 30 guest blog posts in a month and then stop. As a general focus, PageRank doesn't matter to much, try and focus on sites with a domain authority of 30 minimum, the higher the better.

Shnooky, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  20. Corestratagems

Corestratagems Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shnooky is right on. "guest blog posts" or even easier build out your own network of domains with high PA/DA and put quality articles on them relevant to your niche and give yourself some links. Forget about using keyword anchors unless you already have a very low percentage of keyword specific anchors. Google can crawl your site, they know what the site is about and the individual pages. Many people worry so much about quantity and quality of where the links are coming from they ignore velocity like Shnooky mentions and they ignore keyword anchor distribution percentages. Use generic anchors, branded anchors and very long tail keyword anchors like "this is why I love using my blue widgets during the week".

Corestratagems, Oct 21, 2013 IP