1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My website doesn't rank on Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ian Mutuli, Oct 13, 2013.

Thanks for viewing my thread.
    I think my website doesn't get ranked on Google. My site is a newly launched blog, one and a half months old. Its Techpurge.
    Now i realize that when i type techpurge, on Google it only shows the website, and then other relations to my website that is Twitter and Facebook. None of my posts shows up anywhere even on page 2, 3, 4 of google. I'm worried because if i search for other websites from my niche, it displays the website, their twitter and facebook and several of their posts. So i don't know if Google is actually not crawling my articles. I use Yoast plugin to ensure all posts are optimized for Search engine ranking. Now this is a problem to me and i am very much open to your suggestions, please visit the blog and let me know anything at all even disregarding the SEO, that you believe i should work on to make my blog better and rank on Google.

Thanks for reading through my question.

Ian Mutuli, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is still new. Just keep adding unique content to it over time it will start ranking.

kb24, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  3. tommeyboy

tommeyboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's normal for websites of that age to not rank. As mentioned by kb24, you need to keep adding unique content as much as possible. If the content is good, you can post it to facebook, twitter, and social bookmarking sites, which will help you get indexed faster. Also, post content on a routine basis and focus on making the content the best it can be.

tommeyboy, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  4. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your problem isn't that Google isn't indexing your pages. Google indexes pages almost as soon as you post them. Your problem is that nobody links into you. Your competition that are doing well. Enter them into backlinkswatch.com and ahrefs.com and see how many sites link into them compared to you. There will be a huge gap between what you have and what they have.

V_RocKs, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  5. hanady

hanady Member

Best Answers:
    That normal your site is still new. But I suggest submiting a sitemap on google webmaster, I think this might help to index your page.

hanady, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  6. penangite

penangite Member

Best Answers:
    Try to submit your site to Google to get indexed
    google[dot]com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?pli=1

hope it helps ;)

penangite, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  7. Ian Mutuli

Ian Mutuli Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay, i think i shall consider that this is happening solely because the website is new. Every effort to submit the website to Webmaster tools for each search engine has been made. We also registered for Alexa and verified the blog, we have been improving our ranking everyday at Alexa, up from 6 million to now 600,000 which is good so i shall wait for Google to index my website fully when it comes of age, hopefully not too long from now. I also submitted a sitemap too.

Ian Mutuli, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  8. tommeyboy

tommeyboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're curious about how much of your sitemap has been read and indexed, you can look at the sitemap section in webmaster tools and it will show you all the details about what has been indexed, etc.

tommeyboy, Oct 14, 2013 IP