1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter versus Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by shreeonline, Sep 3, 2012.

1. affiliatepros

affiliatepros Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For getting quality traffic and leads/sales Facebook is much better, hands down. Twitter traffic is rubbish in most cases.. well at least that's what I'm experiencing. I know some people that were able to pull few high-ticket sales ($500+) with twitter, but they said that it's totally random, and not consistent like Facebook. But Twitter has good impact on your SERP, so it's not useless.

affiliatepros, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  2. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I think they both good.

Facebook has more users than Twitter as we speak. It does not make it the best social platform in the world, but it
    makes it the most popular in these days.

All the best.

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. satish4321

satish4321 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think bot are good but facebok is better.

satish4321, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. kapildeven54

kapildeven54 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think both are best sites for social networking basically when we use for it SEO propose.

kapildeven54, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  5. raghavraaz

raghavraaz Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook Is the social networking sites.

raghavraaz, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  6. lilypitter

lilypitter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a multi-purpose social networking platform, allowing users to chat, post photos and notes, and play games.

Twitter is built around the posting of short 140 character messages, or “tweets".

Currently social circle of friends and their thoughts, jokes, and ideas they share each day on Twitter. We will be aware with new information on Twitter, interesting articles to read, breaking news, and jokes about those. While Facebook is filled with people we barely know and about our past and as well as my friend.

The internet is today and all about tomorrow. So, Twitter is very famous versus Facebook.

lilypitter, Aug 7, 2013 IP
    bandorsson likes this.
  7. samiqalab

samiqalab Member

Best Answers:
    Face book and Twitter has their own importance, both are good, but face book is best in my opinion, because fb has more users than twitter, the most important is that people is well acquitted with fb use.

samiqalab, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. danny87

danny87 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is way better in terms of marketing I suppose. And I think most businessmen think the same way. Like you can read here about statistics on social media marketing in the U.S. (http://www.statista.com/topics/1538/social-media-marketing/) 92% of them use Facebook to market their business.

danny87, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  9. holysony

holysony Member

Best Answers:
    It's not fair to pick one over the other. Honestly it really depends on your target audience, goals and experience with each platform. If your looking for Conversations over a long period of time then facebook would be your best shot. If you want to build a relationship with your brand and clients then twitter would be the best route. If you can find a way to leverage the two for your advantage would be great! I hired www.mfsocialmedia.com and they are doing some really outstanding work for my business.. Best of luck to you!

holysony, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  10. John Bob

John Bob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ya I kind of Agree with you

John Bob, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  11. TonyGE

TonyGE Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Facebook is predominant on all of social networking sites. It does have more users compared to the others. It is dominantly making SEO points like earning and selling through banner ads and Facebook pages. Example, if you like selling beds, then it can be easily shared through FB rather than spend your time on other social sites.

TonyGE, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  12. timbonitus

timbonitus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, they are both very different.

I personally prefer to use Facebook. Twitter is great for discovering trends though.

timbonitus, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  13. Samantha Knotts

Samantha Knotts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Without any doubt Facebook is the best but their monetization programme is actually killing the feel of social networking and they are getting more into making money from their humongous database whereas, Twitter is growing bud and if you see the percentage increase in number of users for Twitter and Facebook than you will find it is almost double for Twitter in 2012-13. Not much in detail but certainly, Facebook monetization policies are bad.

Samantha Knotts, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  14. Amanda Walker

Amanda Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree.. Both were very useful. You just know how to use them.

Amanda Walker, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  15. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter are the two major sites for marketers, but there are other social networks you can make use of, as well. Facebook and Twitter are both very friendly to marketers, and they are also some of the most highly-traffic websites in the world. But other sites can be used successfully for marketing if you are careful and obey their rules.

ktp2012, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  16. alexau

alexau Active Member

Best Answers:
    My experience show that Twitter is better and easier for marketing.
    1. If you start from zero (zero Facebook likes/followers and zero Twitter followers), then it is much easier to get Twitter followers than Facebook likes/followers. With the same effort you can get 10 times more Twitter followers than Facebook likes. Therefore, you can get more traffic from Twitter.
    2. With Twitter it is much easier to reach people outside of your friends/followers base.

alexau, Oct 9, 2013 IP
    heartnet02 likes this.
  17. pcb19

pcb19 Member

Best Answers:
    facebook PR=9 alexa rank =2,
    twitter PR=10 alexa rank = 11 :confused::confused::confused:

pcb19, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  18. penangite

penangite Member

Best Answers:
    I use facebook more than twitter,but both are great site.

penangite, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  19. WPBootstrap

WPBootstrap Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of the most popular social media today is Twitter, that if it is used correctly, it can help you to drive traffic to your website. This type of social media allows you to communicate & interact with others and learn what is happening all over the world. Therefore, your marketing strategy must have an interaction and conversation with other Twitter users. Be responsive and try to help by answering their questions.

WPBootstrap, Oct 14, 2013 IP
    heartnet02 likes this.
  20. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter sucks and is pretty much a horrible concept for normal users. It should've been just an outlet with special invitation for public figures or governments or smth alon those lines, but in general, it's just another crapload of people trying to promote themselves to other people who don't give the slightest shit. Twitter for the regular user = random blabbering (not needed, enough sites provide that). Twitter for the above average user = Promomode irritation (links and links and links and links with lots of CTA wording and terminology). Twitter for celebs and public figures = sort of makes sense, but then again it's not something the can't do over somewhere else.

Overall, Twitter is limmiting and all the crap of the world inhabits it for some reason or the other (don't take offense on my opinion).

Facebook on the other hand is much better and actually connect people rather than meaningless tweets. What an effing name "tweets" is. Conclusion: I seem to hate twitter :)

Hollow, Oct 14, 2013 IP