1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying 200x 40 word unique game descriptions

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Silver89, Oct 10, 2013.

I'm looking for someone to write 200 unique games descriptions for flash games, the descriptions should be at least 40 words in length.

You would use a page on our website that displays the game title, the game and then a box to enter the description, after completion it will progress to the next game.

I'd expect the game descriptions to relate to the content of each game and either the characters or what the game is about. Descriptions must be written in clear, easy to read English.

I would expect this to be done with 2-3 days and there is further work available if your work is of high quality.

Post your quote

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Silver89, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  2. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So it's $0.10 per 40 words? $20 - $1 "tax" = $19? And you're demanding even lower than that? Are you kidding me?

bogartkick, Oct 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Neeni86 like this.
  3. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the reply.

It's low pay because it's very very simple writing with no knowledge or research required. You simply play the game for 10-15 seconds, analyse what it's about, write 40 words and click next and then repeat, you could easily do this in a few hours and some freelancers charge very little an hour sooo ... take it or leave it.

Silver89, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  4. swordude

swordude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just felt the need to chime in here, regardless of how easy you claim the work is, I really don't feel like you're going to find anyone who will write a legitimate game description that actually makes sense for that rate (less than a quarter per 100 words). Nevertheless, if you happen to hire a writer for that rate and decide the quality is not up to standards, I'd be happy to offer my services for .80c per description.

swordude, Oct 10, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 likes this.
  5. Neeni86

Neeni86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with the others, you'd still be spending time to play the game and then you have to think for a minute to come up with the 40 words, which, even though it's 40 words there is time involved here. Kindly consider raising your rate.

Neeni86, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The post has been edited. No rate is listed. Just the words "Post your quote". That would lead one to believe that the poster is open to considering offers. Let the bidding wars begin!

TextServices, Oct 10, 2013 IP
    Silver89 likes this.
  7. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Maybe a Chihuahua can do this job for you, free of charge. :)

bogartkick, Oct 11, 2013 IP
    WebBuddy, malky66, ryan_uk and 3 others like this.
  8. tommeyboy

tommeyboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you're looking to pay this little for this kind of work you might want to look at mechanical turk. It's an amazon tool that I use a lot when I need to have very tedious and/or repititous tasks done. You can find it at mturk.com

tommeyboy, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You're paying for time, skill in writing and also knowledge of the language. I suppose it depends if you want quality or not, or a description that reads something like: "This iz game where u fire gun, bang bang goes gun, collect points and b best killer. u can get poor ups 2. xtra ammo, medisin and fings like this. it is gr8 game, u must play it now ok."

tommeyboy's advice regarding Mechanical Turk seems to be best for your needs, if you want to pay $19.

Anyway, my quote is $400. I have a feeling I am going to be outbid though. :oops:

ryan_uk, Oct 13, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 and malky66 like this.