1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Psychology News Blog PR3 14k Pages Indexed

Discussion in 'Sites' started by bluffspot, Oct 11, 2013.

Up for sale is psychology news feed site that has a solid PR3 and over 14k pages indexed in Google. This site can have adsense on it.

The site was doing well until I got busy with other things and moved the site to a crappy host. I didn't know they were crappy... just cheap - which explains it. I won't name the host here as it is not important. But, I would not suggest leaving the site on this host. The hosting expires on 10/18 so am hoping to sell it dirt cheap before then. It does run on WP-Robot which will come with the sale.

Psychologically.net can have adsense on it. I did get a notice from adsense about the "sexual" category. So I didn't want to chance it with them and decided to take down adsense altogether from the site. That category was basically about "sexual disorders" as the site caters to psychological disorders of all kinds and nothing pervy. I replaced with "alternative" ads a few days ago just to push some content.

I am using WP-Insert plugin to place most of the ads in each article. The site uses Suffusion theme but I would suggest on going with something lighter like Magazine.

To make the move super simple, I will give the buyer access to the hosting account to download the databases which will also give them FTP access to download the files. I'll also give the buyer WP access if they want it.

Psychologically.net is a powerhouse site incorporating a WP database blog for each category. This is a huge site and has a lot of opportunity for the right go-getter. There are 15 databases in all that would need to be loaded. Again, a very large site with a good page rank and a good number of indexed pages.

bluffspot, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  2. nhed

nhed Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Is the site Adsense Banned? Does the site rank for any keywords?

nhed, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  3. bluffspot

bluffspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    The site is not banned, please re-read description. The section of the site they asked to remove ads from was "sexual dysfunctions" . I would just not put ads on the sexual category or use Chitika or exoclick on it.
    Unsure if it ranks, although if it did... For $99 it's a solid deal, especially the PR rank. I just looked at a new theme for another site I am selling and think that it would be good for Psycho too.

4. nhed

nhed Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Thanks for taking time to answer my questions. I wasn't sure regarding the Googles warning and hence the question.
    Did you use webmaster tools and analytics?

nhed, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  5. bluffspot

bluffspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Did I use webmaster tools and analytics for what? The site? Yes. Do you want access? post your email address here and I'll let you in. Not much to see - 45 UV for last month.

6. narres

narres Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hey bluffspot, how hard would it be to maintain this site seeing as I am a bit of a Noob...

narres, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  7. bluffspot

bluffspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    The site uses wp-robot which sets all categories with posts it pulls from online sources. I would suggest going in and setting your campaigns the way you want them - or just leave them be. I also loaded wp-insert to insert advertisements in each post so the site runs on auto.

8. nhed

nhed Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Obviously for this site and we are talking ONLY about this site in this thread.
    Maybe but It would be great you post the analytic s here for any other interested buyer to see.

nhed, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  9. bluffspot

bluffspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    I did. Look on the top right where I placed a "0". Although it does get traffic I didn't think it was enough to mention for a $99 site... why would I lie about 45 UV?

10. nhed

nhed Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Every reply from you makes me think that you are in some type of defensive mode than answering a buyers concern. I asked a question, so just an answer would be fine than responding with a question like "for what? the site?", "why would I lie about 45 UV"?etc, etc.
    Also it does seem to me like you do not consider $99 got any value to it or you think the site is worth some thousands and you are doing a favor for others by selling it for $99. I felt like this because you mentioned it twice. "For $99 it's a solid deal", "Although it does get traffic I didn't think it was enough to mention for a $99 site".
    Whether it is an $1 site or a $100,000 site, buyer will be interested only when all of the facts are straight.
    Also, there are 0's on the top right hand corner, most sellers that I have seen posted any (I mean any traffic) of their sites traffic in the thread. This is JUST one example https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/meme-website-with-traffic-short-domain-earnings.2685573/

nhed, Oct 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. bluffspot

bluffspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Not defensive fella. Simply stating simple facts. If I wanted to get into complete detail of traffic, pageviews etc I would have listed that information. It is a great site, but one I am selling extremely cheap. If you would take a moment to read you wouldnt have to ask such questions...

bluffspot, Oct 12, 2013 IP