1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling $35 Vector Logo Design

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by David Pen, Oct 10, 2013.

Price

Information

Instant Pay:
No

Does not qualify for feedback.

Info here is claimed by the seller and is not a replacement for your own due diligence.

Embed

HTML:
BBCode:
Link image:
    I'm just looking for a simple, clean, professional, and effective vector logo design for the following site:

http://www.iqfast.com

This is strictly a typing-only based meta search engine. It should convey the message of being fast (maybe some sort of motion blur on an italicized "fast"? As a bonus, convey the fact that it is type-based (an underscore at the end "_" like a terminal maybe?). Use the general color scheme from the existing logo (does not have to be exact, solid colors are fine). Do not include the "Alpha" bit as this will no longer be alpha. Try to focus on making the logo aesthetically pleasing through universal symbolism and simple yet intriguing designs. Include multiple variations if you are uncertain. I will guide you if I like your work.

Deadline for all submissions is 10/17/2013.

The winner will be paid on the submission deadline date.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    David Pen, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  2. Matt T

Matt T Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My entry.

IQfast.png

Matt T, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  3. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Matt Good effort, but not quite what I'm looking for. The color scheme does not match the website at all. The logo has black letters for "I" and "fast." Also, I'm not too wild about the beveled "fast" and the way you're using the motion blur doesn't quite indicate "fast" IMO. Try to only use the current logo as a reference for the color scheme. Also, all the letters should be the same height and the font should be consistent all throughout.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    David Pen, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  4. Matt T

Matt T Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How's this

IQfast.png

Matt T, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  5. gamelord

gamelord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    gamelord, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. SB_GEMINI

SB_GEMINI Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

SB_GEMINI, Oct 11, 2013 IP
    David Pen likes this.
  7. cristiano18

cristiano18 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

cristiano18, Oct 11, 2013 IP
    David Pen likes this.
  8. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wrong title - needs to be [buying] not selling.

Hollow, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  9. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I know. But I can't change it. The moderators don't think it's a big deal so don't waste your time reminding me.

David Pen, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  10. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chill dude chill.

Hollow, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  11. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Matt T Not quite what I need. The light bulb does not symbolism anything related to the site. I'm not a big fan of the font and simply increasing the motion blur does not create the feeling of speed. My suggestion was to use motion blur, but it must be used in combination with other effects to achieve the illusion of speed. But you don't have to use motion blur if you think I'm too picky about it. It was just a suggestion. Thanks for trying.

@gamelord There are some elements that I like about your work, but the presentation is sloppy. The edges of the text aren't smooth and and I'm not keen on giving two colors to the same letter like that (the i is both black and blue). In contrast, your all black example looks a bit too blackhat/underground, which is not at all what the service is about. Thanks for the effort.

@SB_GEMINI Thank you. Your use of solid colors is fun and interesting. Reminds me a bit of a kid's room where the theme is racecars. This is not really a negative thing, but I'm not sure if it fits. There are other more important issues concerning me with this design. The i being in the center of the q makes the logo difficult to read and I don't really understand why "fast" is warped. In general, I'm not a huge fan of warped text simply because this also makes the text difficult to read.

@cristiano18 Thanks for the submission. I like your attempt but perhaps it is *too* simple. I can say for certain that your font is attempting to convey speed, which it does fairly well. However, there is not much else to say. There's not much here, but it's the best attempt so far. Thanks again.

@Hollow Either your perception is impaired or you're trolling. I am clearly chill.

David Pen, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  12. gamelord

gamelord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    gamelord, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  13. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @gamelord It's okay, but take the dot of every "i" so it looks uppercase (since every other letter is uppercase anyways). Also, this makes every letter the same height. Also, I don't like the shade of blue used, I don't like the gradients, the use of outlining or the drop shadow. These elements are too complicated. All the creativity should rely in a structure composed of 2 or 3 solid colors to achieve simplicity and professionalism. In this sense, everything that cristiano18 has done so far is right. He just needs more in terms of the structure.

David Pen, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  14. sapart

sapart Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

sapart, Oct 12, 2013 IP
    David Pen likes this.
  15. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @sapart Welcome to the competition and thanks for the submission! I really like your style. It's original and it's the most well-structured submission yet. However, the stripes through the word "fast" make it a little hard to read. They're a little too intrusive. On the other hand, I actually like the speed effect you did on that top-left side of the f. I'm not too certain that I understand the purpose of the two bubbles in the superscript area of the "i." More importantly, the color scheme seems a bit lacking. I think it needs at least to have at least 2 colors. Perhaps if you combined the two different logos (red and blue)? Also, what about black+blue (like the existing logo)? Thanks again.

16. cristiano18

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

cristiano18, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  17. cristiano18

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

cristiano18, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  18. sapart

sapart Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    revised
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    sapart, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  19. sapart

sapart Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

sapart, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  20. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @cristiano18 Thanks for the resubmission. The magnifying glass symbolism doesn't really fit, but I really like the presentation of "fast." It definitely caught my attention. I really think the "i" needs to be capital. The second one gives much better contrast for reading, but I'm not too wild about gradients. So I really think you should stick to solid colors like you did in the original submission.

@sapart Thanks for the revision. Sometimes I can be wrong and I am now admitting it. The blue and red really doesn't work. Also, now that I can see the "fast" part clearly, I realize that the text being outlined doesn't look too good. I would suggest creating a solid background like you did for "iQ" if you really want the text for "fast" to have a white-fill. However, instead I would suggest not giving "fast" a white-fill but another color with no background. One last note is that the space between the letters "iQ" and "fast" is too much, if you look at just their white-fill, and the "i" should be capital as well.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013