1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission is worth after Google’s two Algorithm Panda and Penguin?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rogerbinny, Sep 25, 2013.

Hi,

I am assigned to work with a new site. I wish to submit my new site in some directories . Can you tell me, is it worth to submit my site into several sites ? If it's useful means Could you suggest some High PR Directory lists Regards,

Regards,
    Roger

Solved! View solution.
    rogerbinny, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  2. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Roger,
    I dont think directory submission will give you any back links to your website. However, you can submit to a few (highly reputed) directories to crawl your website more often. Perform the submission with crawl frequency in mind, not for backlinks.

emilystephi, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  3. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    @emilystephi thanks for your suggestion. Hence their is no back-link form directory submission?

4. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    You may get backlinks from a very few(highly reputed) directories such as dmoz. Again, Google wont consider it during the initial stage... Once you gain popularity and proven experience on your service , these links may turn as a backlinks. But this takes time... So submit it for crawler... Even squidoo lenses also behave similar way... Once you get enough views & comments on your lenses, it will turn as a backlink to your site....

emilystephi, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  5. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i agree with @emilystephi nowadays Directory is not worth it about submission but make sure high page rank and domain authority is high so that is the best for submission.

SASA Techno, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  6. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @emilystephi hence i will try to submit my site into dmoz like directories.

7. anasbin

anasbin Peon

Best Answers:
    its not easy to get listed in DMoz directory...make sure you are submitting in the right sub directories or it wont get listed !!
    cheers..
    Odig Marketing Digital

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    anasbin, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  8. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what these guys are talking about, not getting a backlink? To the OP, yes it is good if you submit on directories of the same niche. ALso check what type of sites do they accept, if you see more garbage sites listed then don't go for it. If the directory have strict 'reviewers' (can't say the right word) that only accepts quality sites, then go for it.
    Another advice, one of the best thing to learn what type of links are working is to go and check some of the top 10 sites in any keywords. Look at their backlink portfolio. The data are all there waiting for you to check.

j3thro, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The days of submitting to thousands of worthless directories are over.

A few well-chosen, high-reputation directories (such as Yahoo!, DMOZ, and the like) will most likely help you, not hurt you.

Jim4767, Sep 25, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  10. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission may be worth in case of getting some direct traffic but not for backlinks or PR benefit. Also submission on some well known is worth time spending but most of the top ones you find will be premium.

webdev007, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  11. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Jim4767 directory submission will hurt our page? is it true

Try to submit on best directory sites like Dmoz, yahoo don't do junk submission as most of the directories are vanishing and do check this sites too nathanhaleinn.net , aitpnetwork.org , gp32wip.com , bestseodirectory.net which has good PR might can help you

shaamblaze, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  13. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sorry to say, I have heard it several times, can you tell me what are quality directories and where we can find them?

Problem is that most quality directories do not approve your link immediately, they may take time.

eric_wahlberg, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  14. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @shaamblaze i got it . Useful list

rogerbinny, Oct 10, 2013 IP