1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to choose niche

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Amrita1, Oct 7, 2013.

Hi all,

How will I decide which niche will be the best choice when I am going to start a blog? Is that anything like few niches are doing better than the rest. Hope will get few clue from here.

Amrita1, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  2. George T.

George T. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Choose something you love to blog about.
    If you just blog to create micro niche websites then do a keyword research and choose good keywords with small competition to start with.

If you are going with a longterm plan then definitely choose something you are passionate about :)

George T., Oct 7, 2013 IP
    Conran likes this.
  3. OlegLola

OlegLola Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you going to earn money from blogging?

OlegLola, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  4. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your niche depends on your expertise. However, if you're looking to start making some money online and comfortable writing on any theme/topic. then the following information might help you.

upload_2013-10-7_21-8-56.png

upload_2013-10-7_21-9-35.png

upload_2013-10-7_21-10-16.png

upload_2013-10-7_21-12-17.png

khemraj, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  5. Amrita1

Amrita1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks all of you for the help and infos. I am passionate about cooking and wanted to start a blog about that topic. Before that I want to start a blog from where I can earn few bucks as well and also want to gain some experience about blogging. basically I am a content writer and do few SEO works as well. So I wanted take some advice from some experienced bloggers.

thanks to you all again. :) :)

Amrita1, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  6. casy weby

casy weby Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on your purpose. If you blog for fun, try niche that you are interested in. If you blog for money, try health, home, travel, or technology niche. Good luck!

casy weby, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  7. mark63534

mark63534 Member

Best Answers:
    Usually, you'd like to start out with your passion. Anything else would bog you down, and in turn make you very bored, especially if you don't appreciate the subject that you are writing about.

IMO, if you're gonna do cooking, its okay to post recipes; just don't do it for every post. lol

mark63534, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  8. The Marketing Guy

The Marketing Guy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to find a good niche, find something you are passionate about and write about that. Don't write about something just because you want to make money from it. My advice is if you like something, then you will also enjoy writing about it

The Marketing Guy, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  9. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you like cooking you should blog about cooking, but find a niche within the cooking subject. Then google the cooking niche and see how competitive it is.

Just plain "cooking" is extremely competitive I would imagine. A popular niche is a waste of time IMO, you will always be 5-10 pages back and get 0 views.

averyz, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  10. Amrita1

Amrita1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey friendz,

Thanks to you all for all the valuable advice. Choosing a niche is a tough decision. Will keep the advice in mind.
    Thanks again.

Amrita1, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  11. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, I couldn't agree more with this.

So many people start blogs to make money, but end up running out of steam very early on unless it is something that they actually have an interest in. Sure, you could keep at it even if you don't enjoy the subject very much, if it's making you money (profit is a good motivator), but it's likely to be a while before you have that motivation.

Perhaps you should start with writing a list of all the things that interest you, then run some searches on that subject and the products involved, check out the competition and see if you think you could sell these products differently? For example, if I were starting a new blog from scratch, I might choose tropical fish and aquascaping as subjects I enjoy. Then I would check out what sites there are, find opportunities to promote and engage the right audience (forums etc), then seek out affiliate programs and ad network opportunities to earn a living from that blog.

Conran, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  12. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    The determining factor to your URL is KWR. Do it properly - you have knowledge in article writing and SEO.
    Start with your niche - cooking, then narrow your niche. Then see how competitive your narrow niche is, and get the categories from the most suitable keywords. This is based on several factors, including SEOV. There are tools that will help you do that.

doktu, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  13. CK Tan

CK Tan Peon

Best Answers:
    Weight Loss is a good niche! I was just reading another forum and the same question was asked. Someone posted Penis Enlargement. I laughed, but when I evaluated on this niche, the scores were pretty high. Stay with Weight Loss:)

CK Tan, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  14. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    You also have to consider the saturation of the market though. Just because there are millions of searches on something might not mean it's a viable niche to get into, especially if there are already credible and established sites getting the majority of that traffic. It would be pointless to try to compete with already established sites in a popular niche unless you are certain that you can do something they have not done and somehow steal their traffic and followers.

A good thing to try is searching on YouTube for popular subjects, you can often find niches that are very popular but don't have an associated site out there fulfilling that need. In the adult business I have helped others to find a popular niche in this way, using the most popular adult tube site and seeing which groups had the largest following without there being a blogger out there really focusing on it.

This also gives you a great way to promote your own site too, right there, to an audience you know would already be interested in it.

Conran, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  15. Brisa Maria

Brisa Maria Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely go with something you love. It'll make writing your posts infinitely easier and fun :)
    Cooking may be a tad bit over saturated, but the great thing about it is that it's easy to spin it any way you want! Like many have already said, research existing blogs in your niche and identify what they have in common. Take note of their strengths and what makes them successful/unsuccessful. Use their strengths and improve on their weaknesses. Then add your own unique spin to make your blog stand out from the rest. Maybe it's a comedy cooking blog, or you only cook super cheap meals, or you cater to a specific cuisine. Whatever it is make sure your voice shines through. Readers like posts that sound genuine :)

Brisa Maria, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  16. Romy Lakip

Romy Lakip Peon

Best Answers:
    Either choose something you are passionate about, know about or gets searched a lot.

Romy Lakip, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  17. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Go for the niche that interests you - that would be a good start. After you have exhausted through that niche, you can explore others as well.

usemyteam, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  18. kgrameen

kgrameen Member

Best Answers:
    Niche is as like engine of your website. Because you will write something for traffic. If you do not get traffic, so, who will your read in your content/ blog...Try find out good Keyword..Thanks

kgrameen, Oct 8, 2014 IP