1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which ecommerce solution can do?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by zinneken, Sep 28, 2013.

Hello forum!

I'm looking for an ecommerse solution that can handle:
    - several member levels, with each member level having a different price for the same product
    - the shop interface and product info presented in the customer language of choice (no translation service, I'll translate the site, like a little flag that a customer can choose)
    - customer store credit & vouchers
    - spot market offers, limited in time and in stock availability
    - to show customer product rating, written experiences, Facebook likes and twitter buttons
    - credit card payments in euro
    - invoicing, vat & company accounting

All this for about 1500 customers, growing steadily.

I'm sure plenty of hosted solutions exist that would offer these functionalities, but, which ones? Are there any that are particularly recommendable? Located in Europe?

What cost would one need to consider? I've heard anything from 100K designs to less then 100 a month subscriptions. Surely these differ in some way?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

zinneken, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can do all of this with Magento for the most part. You would likely have to glue in a few 3rd party services but its certainly doable. http://www.magentocommerce.com/

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  3. floriano

floriano Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I want to recommend with pleasure prestashop, prestashop is big and smart do whatever you want for e-commerce. You find free scripts and modules free, but you have a little budget can find PrestaShop Addons, as well as modules for money. I think it is perfect for e-commerce. You can take a look at their website.

Good luck! ;)

floriano, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  4. zinneken

zinneken Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm really looking at a hosted solution, where I wouldn't want to be responsible for managing/configuring security on a server. I don't have any security knowledge, so really need a hosted solution.

5. zinneken

zinneken Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I'll be contacting them.

6. floriano

floriano Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Prestashop is hosted solution, you can upload in the server with "Softaculous App Installer" or another program, depends of your hosting.

floriano, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  7. cossio

cossio Member

Best Answers:
    You can try this one: summercart.com
    It is hosted in Europe.

cossio, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  8. sery kouma kone

sery kouma kone Member

Best Answers:
    I will recommend you an amazing E-commerce class. You can find everything that is related to the subject on richscholars.com
    This is a class or real time Entrepreneurs and doers. The teacher is AMAZING!!!!

sery kouma kone, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  9. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    Established platforms are definitely the way to go. Robust hosting, plenty of features and third-party apps/plugins, all for a monthly fee. We use them regularly. You can grow very large before wanting/needing a custom or Magento solution.
    Unless you have a legal reason to host in EU, anywhere is fine (US). Bigcommerce, shopify, and the ilk

pboyle, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  10. rohitjain

rohitjain Member

Best Answers:
    It would be good to go with Magento,Opencart..

rohitjain, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  11. zinneken

zinneken Peon

Best Answers:
    We don't have the technical skills to install and secure a platform like magento. So we need a tool that is hosted/managed from the updates and security perspective.

zinneken, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  12. rohitjain

rohitjain Member

Best Answers:
    Once you have developed eCommerce using Magento,after that you can manage all things through Magento's Admin and Control Panel easily.

rohitjain, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  13. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    @rohitjain, what they're saying is they CAN"T develop something in Magento (or can't/don't want to pay for that)

pboyle, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  14. davidwillliam

davidwillliam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have experience of using Magento. Base on my experience i will recomend you magento. It is easy to manage your store and lot of option it has.

davidwillliam, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  15. rBrody

rBrody Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Once you decide on Magento or Woo Commerce, you can upgrade the platform with easy to install plugins. Zooz offers an extension/plugin to optimize the checkout experience for the user through an intuitive and quick interface. As opposed to the built in Magento checkout, which includes a 5 step process, Zooz's checkout creates a seamless payment process in a few clicks, which translates to higher conversion rates. Zooz then securely stores the user information for future purchases. The Zooz checkout sits as an overlay on top of your Magento store, and does not route the consumer to another browser, in order to provide a secure feeling and reduce shopping cart abandonment. Check out the Zooz website, or send us your email and we'll update you about the Magento extension.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    rBrody, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  16. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, magento will cover all your needs mentioned in the thread. Also, as you said, its keep on growing so Magento will help you in future prospects as well.

sigmainfo, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  17. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is clearly the biggest player on the block and is the best option for a high volume eCommerce store. I would also say that Magento takes a little more technical know how and needs some work out of the box. Now OpenCart has a great reputation for being very intuitive for even non-technical people. This article takes a look at the differences between Magento and OpenCart to help people decide which is the right option for them - http://www.wiredtree.com/blog/opencart-vs-magento-which-ecommerce-platform-is-right-for-you/

SlimCharles47, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  18. shavic

shavic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is definitely the best solution, however you can always add your store big marketplaces like Amazon and Ebay; this will give you larger audience very fast.

shavic, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  19. sftranna

sftranna Member

Best Answers:
    i wiuld suggeat the magento is the best available solution.as you can control each and evry aspect of your store.you should aways consider the features like inventory, sale and purchase reports ,customers' dataanagements and many other features. if you are stillconfused we we can help you implement a magento store

sftranna, Oct 25, 2013 IP