1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google says links not important - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by SEO_Yoda, Jun 20, 2013.

1. gombile13

gombile13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is just a psychological approach taken by Google to publisher, so publisher pay more attention to the quality of their content rather than focusing on building back links.

In my point of view, back links is still important, but it should be balanced with quality of the content.

gombile13, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  2. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Update your blog with good quality content regularly and watch the links come it own. Let them come naturally !
    The more better content you will post, more people would want to link with you. They will give credit to your blog for nice info.

softech02, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  3. Elnino22

Elnino22 Peon

Best Answers:
    To my opinion links are one if not the most important reason to get high rankings, social sharing is also very important but for example, i got website in one of the most competitive niches in my country and with a few high pr links i jumped from 115 to 34 without the social/viral sharing

Elnino22, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Common sense would suggest links are still important. Popular sites with quality content would get natural links.

dcristo, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  5. Vig

Vig Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the majority of people in this thread are misunderstanding. Google is becoming more share-based and like-based when it comes to ranking websites, as opposed to link-based like it previously focused on. Links are becoming less important because literally ANYBODY can pay the right price to gain a valuable link from a reputable website and unnaturally increase their popularity. There's nothing there that can say the website receiving the link is actually worthwhile or a holder of valuable information. I have first-hand experience of websites that didn't participate in ANY off-page SEO or link building, yet I found my pages at the top of the rankings for their keywords. Content and social popularity is where it's at now.

Vig, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Lol yeah good luck ranking for anything remotely competitive without doing any off-page SEO.

dcristo, Jul 5, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  7. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure to understand the seo tactics highlighted by Google.

mukesh4bs, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  8. hope2life

hope2life Active Member

Best Answers:
    Links are actually not important. I ranked one of my sites to first page for several keywords without any links and pr0. If your site is useful links are not needed as google ranks you based on user interaction. Here is the actual method to rank without links > http://www.paisa400.com/paisa/10/

hope2life, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  9. evpstud

evpstud Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google lies to SEOs guys. It's in their best commercial interest that SEOs fail and businesses advertise with Adwords. This whole 'holistic' SEO approach of 'great content' will rank only works if you already have an audience that will rank the content for you with social signals and linking to it for you. Only the biggest authority sites in the world command that kind of audience. For small businesses, it's always going to be necessary to 'game' Google's system, which means distrusting the official line.

evpstud, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  10. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    links are a vital component of any website’s traffic plan. Without links, a website will have a difficult time ranking for their most important keywords.

ktp2012, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  11. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Funny how Google is making it's own site a top priority for ranking. As if to say, if you want high rankings in Google Search, use our social network. Though I've always loved Google+. I know so many others that hate the site. Those people are short changing themselves. Anyway, always good to be involved in social media, whatever site it is.

Lokahi, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  12. tbutterfly

tbutterfly Member

Best Answers:
    wow, google full of surprises

tbutterfly, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  13. fgro

fgro Member

Best Answers:
    Well people need to be encouraged to use Google +, they need not just a facebook replacement (their friends are not all there) so the backlink benefit is a plus than any other social network.

fgro, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  14. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If Google says, links are not important. Then why Google gives good results who build link?

pupul, Oct 5, 2013 IP