1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Native English Writer Needed. Long Term Work. Easy Articles

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by ndy, Sep 27, 2013.

I have regular sets of 5 or 10 x 350 word articles... By regular I mean I can give you at least 5 articles a day if you want that much work. Batches of 5 or 10 have a 24 hour turn around, you can apply for work whenever.

Work is sent and delivered via dropbox. Payments are made weekly via paypal or UK bank transfer.

I have 3 regular writers at the moment, I am looking to add one more to my books who can take up at least a couple of batches of articles week.

I am looking for a native English writer - you must be based in England and be able to write in UK English. I would ideally like to be able to communicate with you via Skype although email is fine too!

Payment is $3.50 per article (350 words) - not the highest paid articles but they are usually easy and generic to write about and i am able to offer many articles a week and long term work.

If you're interested in getting involved please PM me here with some of your details and how I can get in touch with you

ndy, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not a natural speaker of English. But I did study linguistics for a short time, and for the past 15 years have lived and worked in the U.S./Canada. In fact I dare say that my French is now so rusty, that English (written and spoken) seems more natural to me now than French is these days.
    So being no expert and not being a natural speaker of English, please do tell me what is the difference between American and British English. I honestly see no difference at all in how it's written. Spoken yes, but written no.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    There is sometimes a difference in spelling (as you know), but also words used. For example: aubergine (UK) and eggplant (USA); sweets (UK) and candy (USA). These are just some basic examples, but there are plenty more. So, depending upon the topic, it can make a difference.

ryan_uk, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  4. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The difference is the timezone that I work in and need to be able to contact people with new articles. The batches have a very quick turn around time (IE 5 or 10 articles in 24 hours) so I can not afford to be late in answering questions if a writer has a query on a keyword etc. or for the writer to be asleep (not their fault) when I send the articles and therefore they have a delay. The need for an English writer isn't about where they are from as such, but like I say the timescales and timezones that I need to be able to work in! Thanks for your interest though. :)

ndy, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Put like that, your wanting British writers over American/Canadian makes perfect sense.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  6. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why would native English writers work for what you are offering? There are any number of content mills that pay more than that, and without the potential hassle. I'm just curious as to why you think anyone qualified would work for that rate.

I'm sorry that Google is demanding higher quality content but you really shouldn't expect us to provide it to you for a Coke and a bag of chips....oh..I mean crisps.

Graphicsfx, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can't answer that, you'll have to ask the very many people who have inboxed me for work. I imagine the fact that they can write as many articles as they like per week. These articles are easy and so the potential to earn an "ok wage" is there - although of course that is subjective and we all work for different things. I am a content writer and this is my over flow work so I work for the same rate. I can write between 5 and 7 of these in an hour - $24.50 an hour isnt a bad wage!

I am not expecting people to work for me, if it isn't enough money for you then by all means don't do it :)

Thanks for your reply!

ndy, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  8. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wanted to point something out to some of my fellow writers: he is technically right. Sometimes a rate isn't what it seems, though I have no idea if it is in this case or not. When I get offended by low rates, it is generally with long articles that include a laundry list of a million requirements including research.

But we don't just work on a per article, or per word, basis (or shouldn't) all the time. Sometimes there is an hourly work element to consider. I have taken work that is ridiculously easy, requiring no research, because I knew based on how fast I type (over 100 words a minute) and the ease of the topic, I would be making around $30 an hour without anything negative but slight boredom. It can be a nice supplement to more interesting and intensive work, but it isn't any lower pay.

Again, I don't know what this guy is offering for the topic itself, or how easy it actually is. But before anyone freaks out about the pay, I wanted to point that out. Because sometimes a low rate isn't really a low rate when you do the math.

oo87, Oct 1, 2013 IP
    Vlasic likes this.
  9. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Simple. They aren't actually native. They're using a VPN service or they have an English speaking "manager." That's who you are talking to. You'll start noticing the Engrish soon enough. Sure there are native English-speakers who don't value themselves or their work, but the majority of the people contacting you will be from India, Manila, etc.

Graphicsfx, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  10. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

A low rate is always a low rate if you actually take the time to edit the work you produce. This takes time.

Graphicsfx, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  11. Rukiara

Rukiara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Jesus fuck people, I am native and I take jobs like this all the time because I do it on spare time between my art to help feed myself. Why are you people on every one of these threads bitching about rates? Almost no one here offers the rates you demand, so go soak your heads already and stop trolling peoples posts because you are too stuck up to do the work necessary. Some people need to eat, other people are too high and mighty. That's the difference, some native speakers take the work because it is either relaxing, easy for them, or because they need to eat so take the silver spoon out of your rear end and shove it in your mouth so we don't have to hear anymore of this ridiculous whining.

On another note, it sucks this is kinda the type of job I was looking for but I don't fit the requirements as I am not UK based. Good luck!

Rukiara, Oct 1, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  12. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not always. I have worked some quick content jobs (usually writing descriptions for products, again don't know what this guy is offering) where I am making the $30 or so an hour and the editing is involved. I would imagine that goes without saying, so I am not sure why you assumed it wasn't included in the cost.

Some things don't take that much effort. Which is why sometimes you calculate based on a per hour rate. You just might not have been in a situation to do that yet, which is fine. But I didn't want newer writers to get discouraged thinking that all rates that look low really are low. You have to use your discretion sometimes, and look at all the factors involved. Time and energy, the amount of the work, your typing rate, ect will all dictate the benefit of certain jobs.

Edit to add: I refer to those types of jobs as "busy work". Things to do in between more intensive orders that make a decent amount of money and requiring next to no brain power. I am sure most people have done them before.

oo87, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  13. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Because you're dragging the market down. Have some respect for yourself and charge a real rate. The people you work for here are laughing at you. Trust me.

Graphicsfx, Oct 2, 2013 IP
    wwstewart and Spoiltdiva like this.
  14. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am not laughing at anyone believe me. I am also not 'expecting' anyone to work for the money I am offering... It is a job offer, no one is forced to write for me. That said these articles are very easy, mostly take no research at all if you're an experienced writer and can easily be written in less than 10 minutes if you're quick.

I have had a good few people contact me and seem to be working out, they're not VPN nor do they speak 'Engrish' as you warned me of.

I fully understand that you are unhappy with the rate, but I offer easy work, solid amounts of work (most of my writers earn around $200 a week) and long term work... not someone who is going to pay you 3c a word, panic about the work load and disappear! I want a good, decent, honest, friendly and long term working relationship!

Anyway, If you're not happy, you're not happy but I don't see how posting on here helps... If you don't want to work for that rate that's cool,but the advert was put up for those who would.

ndy, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  15. pictureboarduk

pictureboarduk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 9
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pictureboarduk, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  16. leasmom2004

leasmom2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hi,

I read that you are looking for writers. My name is Michaela, I have been writing, mostly content providing, about all sorts of subjects - including but not limited to sports. I grew up bilingual with my first languages German and English. As such, I am not based in England, but in Austria, which is a 1 hour time difference, that should still meet your needs regarding response time. What you could absolutely rely on with me are excellent English, spotless grammar and heeding deadlines.

I could provide you with a batch of ten articles as you have described them every 24 hours, payable via Paypal. Would love to work with you!

leasmom2004, Oct 4, 2013 IP
    GamingOn likes this.
  17. servspider

servspider Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can do a 350 article and we can negotiate the pricing. Send me a pm if your interested.

servspider, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  18. BoostRank

BoostRank Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello i can write articles,content,press releases,blog post,forum post and interested to working with you long term :)

BoostRank, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  19. MontanaG

MontanaG Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, I am fresh spanking new college educated author who is ready & rearing to go to work creating spectacular content for your audience. I've just responded to someone else looking for writing help, and instead of writing another long, drawn out spiel, I'll just let you look at my previous post and see for yourself how my authorial tastes may suit your needs.

Regards,
    Steve K.

MontanaG, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  20. Content Dr

Content Dr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will definitely take it , having native English (UK/ US) writers in my team of writers. I have also native french, German and Spanish members. a wide network of writers spread all over the world . No worries about communication , u will get your work on time even u don't get response from us at that moment.
    Discuss complete details here : contentDr[at]gmail[dot]com

Content Dr, Oct 11, 2013 IP