1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What will Paypal do if I don't pay back a negative balance?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by donjz, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donjz

donjz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not worried about not being able to use Paypal since i tend to just use my visa debit card to buy stuff anyway.

I emailed Paypal a few days ago explaining that I was 15 and I got this response.

Thank you for contacting PayPal in relation to the negative balance on your account.

The legal age to hold a PayPal account is 18 years old; as you are underage please upload Identification for proof of age.

Please log onto your PayPal account and go to "profiles", From here you can then click the "Change Name" option in My Details page, you can then select the "Personal name change/Marriage/divorce/legal" tab.

On the next page you will see the option to upload the files and complete the steps.

Please contact us on 0208 6100 150 if you require further assistance.

Yours sincerely,
    Paul
    PayPal

Do you think that this means that if I can prove that I'm not 18, they'll just close my account and forget the debt?

donjz, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  2. Twister85

Twister85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Here is what they gonna do.

You have a negative balance in your account. they give you 60 days to overcome the balance. after 60 days they file a chargeback on your credit card for the payment. which in other word means that they'll ask your bank to pay the money where your credit card is associated. they give bank a 45 day period to pay the money and therefore your bank will either contact you to pay the chargeback or they'll pay it and you'll have to pay the bank with interest.

so its better to close to issue right here by paying PayPal their negative fees.

good luck!

Twister85, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Paypal is a great paying service in the internet. I suggest you to pay them. As i understand you said you sent the item right? If so you can prove them that you ahve sent it and you will get the money back. They are a big company so maybe will track your ip and will find you. Normlly those steps they do if the sum is higher then $999 but who knows. ITS NOT WORTH TO LOUSE PAYPAL FOR 120$.

Zoti Media Group, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  4. donjz

donjz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be able to use Paypal for another 3 years anyway because I'm only 15...

donjz, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  5. Harry J

Harry J Peon

Best Answers:
    I am 15 years old, from the UK and have recently found out my paypal balance has become -£900 and I cannot close my account or remove my card. What action will be taken from PayPal and what should be my response? I am wonerding if I can contact them and get my account closed because in the UK it is not legal to hold debt till 18 but I am unsure of the steps I need to take.
    Any response/advice will be appreciated.

Harry J, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  6. testu

testu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They can't do anything. They will probably sell your debt to a collection agency and the collection agency will try to get the debt back. They will send you letters asking you to pay but in the end they can't do anything.

testu, May 27, 2015 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.