1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing Tips

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Zinje, Sep 11, 2013.

Ok, so i have a website which is in development, currently allowing for beta sign ups.

Although the site is not yet complete, what would be the best ways of promoting the site to gain beta testers and/or spread the word.

More info regarding the site:
    Its going to be a social network, in some comparison to the likes of Snog & Ask.
    It has plenty of unique features etc...

I understand Social Media is probably my best option, but it sometimes feels like you get to the point where you are spamming and people start to get fed up seeing the same sh*t (not sure if its allowed :p) over and over.

Would paid advertising be beneficial? if so where?

If anybody has any previous experience feel free to share :)

Zinje, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  2. mitdrissia

mitdrissia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can start by making a professional small video about your site. Upload video to youtube and then promote through facebook,twitter etc.
    I would not go for paid traffic because your site is still in beta and you need to know by forehand if you can make back the ROI. What will you sell on your site?Services,products?
    good luck

mitdrissia, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've just mentioned this somewhere else. Start your own community page on G+. If you have a G+ account just click on the Home link >> Communities >> Create community. The community should be all about your site and its features. You can send out an invitation to the people in your circles and beyond inviting them to check out your site. Make it so that the people will have a choice to comment about your site in your G+ community (if they liked the features, if they enjoyed using it, etc.).

qwikad.com, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  4. Holyhero

Holyhero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well less and less people do things for free unless your site is really like the next big thing

Don't do paid advertising, rather give something in return to beta testers like a report or something related to your site.

Then advertise your site, forums are enough like here in DP and other forums related to your site, with the offer of beta testing and giving something to the beta testers in return

Holyhero, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  5. adams201

adams201 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes broder """mitdrissia""" that's goood tips for website ;;
    good luck ""znije ""

adams201, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  6. sitey

sitey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to be self promotional but I wrote this just a few days ago over 3000 words of my best tips , so here goes http://wbtutorial.com/small-website-marketing-and-seo-strategy/

sitey, Oct 3, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  7. Zinje

Zinje Member

Best Answers:
    Im afraid i do not use G+, i could never really get into it with the likes of FB & Twitter

Yes i have thought this through,
    Beta Testers will receive benefits and are aware of these (current testers anyway)
    In regards to self promotion, i am currently toying around with an affiliate sort of system where users can earn $$$ (currently only available to a select few people).
    The system I have created is quite functionally and so far coming along quite nice.
    I have it to check for the referred user activity (to disable the chances manipulation) with also a 2nd check to verify a legit referral with a simple click of a yes or no from myself or a fellow admin

Zinje, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  8. ImTheBrilliantest

ImTheBrilliantest Peon

Best Answers:
    in terms of gaining beta testers, have you looked at sites like Betali.st? There are a few other beta signup site I believe...but Betali.st is definitely one of the best and biggest ones. It's not a guarantee though, as hundreds of startups/small businesses try to get on that site. But it wouldn't hurt.

ImTheBrilliantest, Oct 9, 2013 IP