1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Music vendor via clickbank looking for advices

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Maluson, Sep 23, 2013.

Hello ALL!

A newcomer here... you can tell.

I'm slowly but surely starting on the affiliate marketing world but i'm also selling my own product.

I plan on publishing my website where I sell my music compositions/instrumentals/beats all through the ClickBank vendor process.

Using affiliate marketing techniques, my goal is to increase the traffic toward my website but I also want to involve affiliates in the process and help makes everybody some money (me by selling, affiliates by promoting of course).

So my question is:
    Is it a niche that has some potential and that would be attractive to affiliates to promote ?
    As experts, have you already seen similar ventures ? How did they go ?

Its not that I won't start my website if the market is non-existent, I will do it anyway because selling my music is something I carry on my heart but I would like to know how I should carry my marketing campaign thanks to the affiliate feedbacks.

I hope my question has been clear enough, if not, appologies.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

Maluson, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  2. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is a verry small niche you choose.Today ppl can get everything music related for free.I saw some vendors on CB selling beat making softweres and such and they are not doing pretty well.I think you will have more success with your own website.You can also offer them for free download for PPD (Pay per Download) where visitor has to complete a small survey to get the downlod and you get paid for that.If you can generate 2-300 clicks per day and have 50-60 leads per day you can make easily 2-300$ depends with what network you signup.Other than that i don't know what to say.I never touched this niche...

Good luck with your venture...

Alin Alex, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  3. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you Alin, I really appreciate your answer.
    I am indeed planning on selling my own music composition via my own website.
    Can you please (or someone else) give me more details on that PPD thing where I can offer them a free download via a survey or something ??
    Do you have any link where I can go for more information ?

Maluson, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  4. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alin Alex, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  5. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you, i'll check it as soon as I can.

Maluson, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good niche with some potential. The best thing you can do is create some content that will go viral and attract a lot of attention. Word of mouth is the best way to market your business.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  7. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Ninjamtlt1, thanks indeed, for me its a good niche. Well its MY niche! The content is there, i'm making instrumentals, melodies, beat for more than 10 years now and i'm fully packed when it come to volume of material.
    You are right about the "attracting" attention. This is something I'm determined to master to the max and make a huge profit out of it. I'm willing to learn with wathever reliable marketing strategies I'll find online.

Maluson, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  8. plf0903

plf0903 Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you have a product made for Facebook, so use it, and good luck with it

plf0903, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  9. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What do you mean exactly ? How would music instrumentals and melody be made for Facebook ? Can you elaborate ?

Maluson, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I kinda wanted to mention the same thing that Ninjamtlt1 touched upon. You have a potential to go viral, why not try it? I assume you have a Youtube account/channel. You need to continue uploading new videos. You need to make them so that at the end of each video a viewer will be encouraged to visit your website for more info and downloads.

You definitely need to come up with a nice FB business page and G+ community page where, again, you would list your videos, links to your website, products, downloads.

It seems like a lot of work, but I think at the end it will be worth it.

qwikad.com, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  11. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you qwikad, those are indeed nice advices, exactly the kind I was looking for :)

Concerning the "lot of work", well, when it comes to something you have a passion for, it's not really "work" anymore. I'm taking my time but progressing at a steady pace, I'll be there somehow!

Thanks again.

Maluson, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  12. plf0903

plf0903 Member

Best Answers:
    ok, you said you had a website, so get a fan page in facebook and link them, there are courses on how to do this, or youtube search it, there is always a video or ten on how to do anything on youtube. The whole idea is to get people interested and on any number of social media sites if you have something unique you will get followers and followers spread the word about you.

The more eyeballs you can get on your products the more you should sell, if this isn't happening with targeted traffic like this then get someone to look over what you are offering and try what they advise you to do.

Never be afraid to ask for help, most people will help in any way they can, that is human nature.

plf0903, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  13. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice one, thank you for this. I'm slowly digesting all of your advices people and it boosts me up!

Maluson, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  14. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliates look at the payout, and it's doubtful your prices will be high enough allow you to pay enough to interest them (since music tends towards Free online).
    So, use the other traffic/sales tactics laid out above. A big fan presence on YT & FB will get you more sales - work your local network to start. Promote at any live shows. Gig it to death. Also, make a ringtone.

pboyle, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  15. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks pboyle, good advices here again, I'll definitely consider them also.

Maluson, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  16. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, music compositions (beats) sells on some platforms at around 30 to 50 $ for a lease and from 800 to 1000 $ for exclusive rights. So aren't affiliates interested in such potential sale ?

Maluson, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  17. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    They look at more than prices (list prices are not good gauges); they look at how many they are likely to sell, over what period. Sure, you can charge $1 million if you like, but you'll sell a lot less!

If you see affiliates doing it now, then great. If not, don't waste time trying to recruit, train & motivate affiliates. For the 1K deals, try to find a dedicated sales person (agent type) in your circles.

pboyle, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  18. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know a lot of people who have sold beats over the years. Using Clickbank is definitely a good platform to do so, but usually if you make it like a "club" ($x per month/year) where they get full access to any beats. But you can, of course, do upsells to more premium beats.

Using Affiliates for this purpose is definitely the way to go. I can't remember the name of the site, but there was once a site that made a little known producer a million dollars in a year. Over a million, actually.

Just be creative and take a look at the marketplace and try to figure out what they're doing right/wrong.

clenard, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  19. Maluson

Maluson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you pboyle and clenard, I see different point of views on the subject and that is a good thing. I'll definitelly have a thorough look at all the possibilities and tweaks on my strategies until I find the winning combinaison.

Maluson, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  20. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with club model - $4.99/mo. is a $60 ticket item (with chance for continuing residual payments), which is plenty to excite affiliates. Anything with residuals is good.

pboyle, Oct 7, 2013 IP