1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to drive traffic on my blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Howard Powell, Sep 2, 2013.

1. rubelbd4

rubelbd4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write good content and post your link.
    • YouTube
    • FaceBook
    • Twitter
    • Craigslist
    • Pinterest
    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Flickr
    • eHow
    • Reddit
    • Yahoo answers
    • Quora
    • Linkedin
    • Dailymotion
    • Myspace
    • Scribd
    • HubPages
    • Squidoo
    • Press releases
    • Ezine Articles
    • Tumblr

rubelbd4, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  2. Howard Powell

Howard Powell Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the list only. Can you explain how to use Press releases, Scribd or DailyMotion for example? I need more informations on how to properly use them.

Howard Powell, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  3. Mark Web

Mark Web Peon

Best Answers:
    I f you want to get more traffic you may create a high quality content optimized for search engines

Mark Web, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  4. Howard Powell

Best Answers:
    This is my first way to build strong audience!

Howard Powell, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  5. Howard Powell

Best Answers:
    New updates: I start receiving between 50-100 visitors a day. It is solid for now. I'm planning to start using SlideShare and Youtube so I can drive even more traffic. I'm also planning to optimize my site with some infographics and if I submit my infographics on the other sites I can get some good backlinks and some traffic also. I'm not doing guest posts and link exchange as I think it isn't good SEO strategy.
    Any new suggestions people?

6. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just keep write on quality content. Make sure your content is relevant to your blog niche. You won't see a dramatic change in traffic for early stages. Keep working hard.
    You also can be a guest writer on other blog/website to get traffic.

werliyu, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  7. Howard Powell

Best Answers:
    I'm not a native English speaker, so writting articles even for my site is making me problems, so I really can't write for others.. At least not now.

8. London Internet Marketing

London Internet Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you do keyword research before you write your blog post.
    Optimise the post of the keyword - sprinkle the keyword throughout the post about 5 times.
    Use the keyword in the title also.
    Add the keyword to the tags.
    Ping the blog post.
    Add it to a few bookmarking sites such as Reddit, but don't spam.
    YouTube works well for driving traffic to blogs, but again you should optimise the video title, description etc.
    Create a Facebook fan page and add your blog link just underneath the banner.
    Engage with your fans and post the link to your blog posts.
    Join some of the many blog networks.
    Add your blog link to your emails, forum signatures etc.
    Hope this helps you.

9. KevinChapman

KevinChapman Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need to immerse yourself in the blogging culture. Find other bloggers in your niche and try and build a relationship with them, like their fb page, follow them on twitter and most importantly follow their blogs and leave useful comments on them (don't self promote!).

I have had several successful blogs and this is the best way I've found to build up a following.

KevinChapman, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  10. cam_ault

cam_ault Member

Best Answers:
    Catchy titles are bomb along with sweet pics. Everyone loves somethin' to look at. Cheers

cam_ault, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  11. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't this moot since he's banned now?

pboyle, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  12. Twist Digital

Twist Digital Member

Best Answers:
    We cover some really great points about SEO in one of our Tuesday Twist Tips videos:

You get some different ideas from different people in our team and there is plenty to learn from the video and all our other topics we cover such as product reviews, link building, affiliate mistakes to avoid etc.

Twist Digital, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  13. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    May be you are missing keyword optimization. Try to search for the trends in the market and then use them accordingly.

Alex jones, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  14. Maricar Wing

Maricar Wing Peon

Best Answers:
    Video marketing is great to bulid links and drive traffic. Write an article and turn it into a video, upload to youtube, put on blog, you need to do this daily for 3 months. Make sure you get your keywords right.

Maricar Wing, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  15. PolkaDotMarketing

PolkaDotMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes patience and a lot of work. Be consistent about the frequency in which you post new articles and focus on quality. After that, maintain a strong presence on social media sites, be active on forums and build those backlinks. Those are the basics, but it's all much easier said than done.

Good luck though, I hope you stick to it until you achieve that goal :)

PolkaDotMarketing, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  16. Convert RSS to PHP

Convert RSS to PHP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok the real trick is "FORCING" people to connect your site to top media social networks! This can easily be accomplished by using wordpress plugins like "Social Login" **Google it**! Social Login is a professional WordPress, BuddyPress compatible plugin that allows your visitors to comment, login and register with 20+ Social Networks like for example Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, PayPal, LiveJournal, Hyves, Вконтакте and Yahoo.

This way people can see your content on all search engines but to interact, post a comment, like, retweet, ask a question, or share they would have to actually login via a popular social media site with username and password! It makes it super easy for visitors to share or like your content if they are already logged in to their facebook account.

Convert RSS to PHP, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  17. UrbanColour

UrbanColour Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, at last I can put something back into the forum after all the help Ive had :)

I started a new blog a few months ago and have taken most of the steps above, and some I still need to do. I write my own posts, have learned to do my SEO (up to a point) and I keyword the articles.

I promote in FB (my fb blog page and in groups) I also promote in LinkedIn, Pinterest, G+ and some more... but not yet enough.

I get at the most 45 visits in a day but some are returners (which shows the content is OK) and some unique so people are finding me.

I can say this though. Don't just publish to all of the social media sites without knowing how to leverage it fully. For example. I decided to take a step back and look at each in turn with Pinterest first. I was just posting my posts blindly and had no visits at all from it. I took a look at the site and it was obvious that you are attracted to the images. So, I created some bright images similar to those I put on the site. I keyword the in Pinterest and published.. The next day 7 visits from Pinterest !!

OK the 7 visits may not be big licks but it shows that understanding what you are doing pays.

I have also noticed in my Google stats that since starting, my bounce rates are down to around 45% from 60-70%, time on pages is up which is all good.

Lastly, use Google analytics to view what posts are being looked at more and leverage this. For example. I have one post that attracted more visits than any other by 75%.. it was a short post but with a small list of UK wholesalers.. Posted a while back it still gets visits.. so I will write more like this and add to that post.. give the customer what they want

Good luck

UrbanColour, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  18. Derrick English

Derrick English Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone on this thread has given some awesome advise. Creating good content is always a plus. You can also, visit fiverr.com and pay 10 -20 dollars to have some quality back links created. Always remember, consistency is the name of the game.

Derrick English, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  19. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    It takes about 90-365 days of continuous action to start seeing a spike if you are depending on the search engines. In the meantime share on social media, join groups on social media and post your blog in those groups. Promote your blog in your signature file on forums. Create a fan page on facebook and drive traffic to the fan page and post your blogs there. Use social bookmarking sites such as social monkey and Social ADR, If you have a email list mail your list your blog post everyday. Make sure you are creating content daily. Because the more you feed the search engines the better your posts will rank in the long run. Blogging is really a long term strategy, So give it time. If you decide to post in groups in addition to the blog post you may want to post value content that has nothing to do with your blog such as quotes, Videos, pictures with quotes, pictures with content etc., Because a lot of people are utilizing the same strategy.

Michael Mayer, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  20. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can pay more money, you must do paid advertising and PPC campaign. If you want free traffic them do organic SEO such as forum posting, blog promotion, SMO and article marketing etc. Always target for your niche and in the right location (area) to get more success.

emn, Dec 4, 2013 IP