1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress is great and all, but where does it fall short?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by tzemp, Sep 18, 2013.

I've been using wordpress casually for a few years now, and now as I get more aggressive about internet marketing and growing businesses online I'm looking to find a go to CMS system. I like Wordpress, but where does it fall short? At what point does it top out and become useless to me?

What are your best tips or plug-ins that you use to make Wordpress do what you want it to do?

tzemp, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The answer at your question depends on your website type, traffic, number of pages, what makes you not be satisfied anymore with WordPress and so on. There is no "perfect" CMS (not even the paid ones). Sometime, open source CMS are better, because their huge community that upgrades script constantly and makes script more versatile and secure.
    Regarding what plug-ins are making WordPress better, again this are depending on your website type. There are some known plug-ins that encreases WordPress performace like SEO, plug-ins for reducing spam or server load that are used by a large number of websites.

Hefaistos, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress doesn't really "fall short". It's near perfect..nto perfect, but almost. You can do basically anything with Wordpress, that's why I love it. and it's super stable and secure too.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  4. tzemp

tzemp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting to think about. I'm glad you're happy with it! What are some top Wordpress plug-ins you'd suggest for things like SEO, Spam, and others?

tzemp, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  5. Mathew Kevin

Mathew Kevin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You only need a couple of plugins to make Wordpress strong. From your concerns, SEO - can be handled well by Wordpress SEO plugin by Yoast. Spam can be prevented by using Akismet Plugin. Others ? You tell us requirements.

Mathew Kevin, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  6. pointgirl

pointgirl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Wordpress and it's great for blogging but when it comes to ecommerce I don't think it's as useful. Another thing is the plugins can overlap, slow down your blog and generally be a pain (but I'm glad we have plugins because that's one of the biggest benefits of WP too). You only need a few plugins, however, I have found Yoast SEO plugin lacking in dealing with title tags and unique URLs. Hopefully Yoast will have this fixed shortly. I've found that disqus does a great job stopping spam.

pointgirl, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  7. tzemp

tzemp Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen disqus used on some popular sites, if you've used it before, what are your thoughts on it? I love learning about these cool plugins-to me they are ALL brand new. :)

tzemp, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  8. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are planning for IM only then, I don't think you will ever have to look for wordpress alternatives. If wordpress falls short, I think I will make my own custom script. Wordpress is full of resources and plugins and it will do most of the work easily or with few tweak here and there.

crazyblogger, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  9. internetjimmy

internetjimmy Member

Best Answers:
    I like wordpress but I HATE akismet, I am always having to resign up with them to get new keys.

internetjimmy, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  10. Sam Idoeb

Sam Idoeb Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpess is one of internet's miracle :)

You can use many free plugins or paid. For SEO, you can Yoast, All in one seo, wp-seo, etc.
    If you have no time to looking for the plugins, you can pay someone to make it for you. It's easy because many freelancers is habitual with wordpress.

Sam Idoeb, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  11. support.vozupload

support.vozupload Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have been used wordpress for 4 years, and till now, i still found it good and stable, most secure cms that i have used (bo-blog, joomla,....), and also, basically, wordpress itself don't perfect, but premium theme and plugin make it perfect and very very good, i almost can do everything with it, such as real estate sites, travel sites, bloggings, company sites or price compareing sites. :)

support.vozupload, Oct 6, 2013 IP