1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is PageRank Finally Dead?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by vabtrock, Sep 14, 2013.

AFter google panda and penguin updates I guess there is no value for pagerank instead of DOMAIN AUTHORITY and PAGE AUTHORITY.

vabtrock, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Whoever told you Google doesn't care about links any more at all is very mistaken.

digitalpoint, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Given that Google do not use MOZ's DA and PA in their agorithm, how is DA and PA valuable?

PageRank is still an important part of Google's ranking algorithm. They just choosing not to publicaly release that internal PR that they use for a while.

Agent000, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PR is a nominal, at best, factor in the actual ranking. Its been that way for about 7 years actually. That, and the toolbar has not been updated in about 8 months either.

Speaking of MOZ. I am totally digging whiteboard friday's. Very cool stuff.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    usasportstraining likes this.
  6. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    really? PR measures the PR and number of links to a site .... aren't the PR and number of links to a site an important factor in ranking. If its not, why are everyone chasing high PR links to their sites?

Juts because Google choose not to export their internal PR values to the toolbar means diddly squat when it comes to the importance or lack of importance in the ranking algorithm

Agent000, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Links are worth less than what they once were... but it's less about just discounting them, and more about Google taking many other new signals into account... so the value of links are diluted by Google valuing other things as well now.

8. Seaner

Seaner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From what I have gathered through my own experience in SEO, PageRank remains on the top of the food chain.

The number of links is less significant, and the quality of the links are better measured and determined appropriately.

Seaner, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  9. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with the above posts. Links are still very important, and PR still has it's place. But Google has not updated pagerank since February, I believe. So many people are focusing on pagerank when the data has not been update. Although Google has not updated page rank, I would think that they know exactly how to rank sites, they just haven't made that info public. So I use PA/DA, Moztrust and Majestic Trustflow data until we see a PR Update. If one is using only PR right now to find links, you might want to put the URLs into a tool and evaluate the page using the above metrics and get better quality links for your efforts...

Nick Gomez, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  10. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank is calculated on the basis of number of quality links to your website/ webpage and we stress on building backlinks, don't we?
    So yeah PageRank won't be dead till the complete ranking algorithm is changed by Google.

sunilmamo likes this.
  11. Lee Fox

Lee Fox Peon

Best Answers:
    My suspicion is that it will be a private metric in Google Webmaster tools. It's strange how Matt Cutts releases a video in February saying that pagerank is useful for Webmaster who like to see how their own site is doing and that it isn't going anywhere, and then not to update it for some long. My guess is that it'll still be around, just not publicly displayed.

Lee Fox, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  12. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The way google is changing search, it is more than possible that sometime next year....
    Google will do away with page rank completely and have a new way of ranking sites.

iowadawg, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  13. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Google likely still maintains a non-public internal ranking system. What Google is doing is on what information it shares with the public. They are already withdrawing much of the keywords-used search information when the visitor visits a site.

usasportstraining, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  14. fgro

fgro Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank is a factor that determine your page rank, not the only factor. With the ever changing search algorithm this maybe incorrect though.

fgro, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  15. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i think u lost some PR for ur websites :p
    for me/us its working Awe$ome :)

indiasbull, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  16. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    PR was and will remains the hinge pin for domination. The rules come and go but there are some things which will persist till the end and PR is one out of them.

Alex jones, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  17. nrvaghela

nrvaghela Banned

Best Answers:
    No, Page Rank is not dead. Page Rank is calculated on your generated website's Backlinks and Traffic of your website. Backlinks always have its importance in the Search Engine and on that calculation Page Rank is been Calculated. According to this we can say PR can't be dead till Google Change Complete Ranking Algorithms.

nrvaghela, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  18. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There will always need to be a way to value the strength of website links. As Google PR may no longer be (public) updated, we will start to value links using other metrics, like Moz PA/DA/trust or Majestic trust flow. The SEO industry is already beginning to use those metrics today, as the strength of my PBNs vary even though the Google PR may be the same.

Nick Gomez, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  19. iwantvarun

iwantvarun Active Member

Best Answers:
    What ever update there will be page rank will be there. Because page appears in a order for a google search and that will be rank of those pages.

iwantvarun, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  20. Leadhub

Leadhub Peon

Best Answers:
    Having high DA and PA is one of the most common trends amongst the top ranking websites. It has been proven that sites with higher PA in sub pages rank higher on popular forums such as MOZ. PR hasn't updated since February and Matt Cutts is hinting it might not ever update again.

Leadhub, Oct 9, 2013 IP