1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building technique Changes After Hummingbird?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Praveen Pandey, Sep 27, 2013.

Since Hummingbird is google new search engine and its functionality is going to differ with old engine. what kind of link building practices/SEO strategies we need to follow to have advantages in view of new search engine.

Thanks.

Praveen Pandey, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  2. Seojet

Seojet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There's no need to panic. Google's new algo hasn't affected SEO. Yet. :)

According to my personal observations, the new algo is all about queries.
    I assume that this is the way new algo works:

1. Google takes a user query, runs it through a synonym and modification module and then takes that modified output to conduct the search.
    2. Also, Google more favorably weights documents with question-oriented titles and sub-headings as having more valuable content to the users query.
    As for backlinks, and the ways to build it - nothing changed.

Just build relevant links from autoratative website, and you will be fine.

Seojet, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  3. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with other members. The link building techniques remain same till now. The road-map of seo still same:
    • publish high quality content
    • offer a good experience for your visitors
    • write for your readers
    • make sure you're set up for authorship
    • build your network

rozerr, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  4. kirangodbole

kirangodbole Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess hamming bird is not officially confirmed and may be very sooner. But, we cannot estimate what is actually and how gonna effect search results. lets us wait for the official confirmation and how does actually this algorithm works.

kirangodbole, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  5. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    My long tail keyword in 24th position of google.com . now it is in 7th position (Google's First page) i didn't do any think for that keyword. Humming bird is the reason?

rogerbinny, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  6. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you, Roger :)
    But I think it's still too early to jump to any particular conclusions regarding the new indexing system.
    From what I understand, Google is now expected to make better sense of longer queries http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/30/net-us-google-search-idUSBRE98P11O20130930
    So, if someone is optimizing to long-tails, I would check my website ranking to see how the positions have changed.

Kianu42, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  7. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing has changed. If you have original, high-quality content, and you have high-quality and relevant websites linking to your own website, then your website is still going to rank well. If anything, your website’s rankings will improve just as they should have after the Penguin and Panda updates rolled out.

C.Rebecca, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  8. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Algorithm is same, I think there is no changes as long as you are creating quality, fresh content and building natural links.

alex06295, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  9. Dilli Live

Dilli Live Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

According to Humming bird algorithm nothing is change in SEO and link building, the same strategy you can follow for acquiring backlinks but keep things in your mind that only quality backlinks can help you ; and of course the site who has quality backlinks and quality content those site is safe.

Thank you.

Dilli Live, Oct 1, 2013 IP