1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Established but neglected private label clothing site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by TwoToofs, Sep 29, 2013.

I just bought this site and I'm tired of it already. The site sells private label clothing concerning testicular cancer. The previous owner supposedly has inventory but I can't get him to send it. It takes him a week to answer an email and I have a business to run.

I have the domain, Twitter account, Facebook page, and hosting account the site is on. It's month to month hosting.

Buyer is free to do whatever they like with the site or domain.

The previous listing is at https://flippa.com/2965950-unique-clothing-apparel-line-with-a-for-cause-mission

TwoToofs, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  2. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    89.5% - 17
    "The site sells private label clothing concerning testicular cancer."

Surely you need to explain what you mean by that!

How can any kind of clothing end up concerning testicular cancer?

Please can you you explain?

mytechiestuff, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  3. TwoToofs

TwoToofs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 16
    Try google.

ryan_uk likes this.
  4. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    89.5% - 17
    "The site sells private label clothing concerning testicular cancer." Surely you need to explain what you mean by that!
    How can any kind of clothing end up concerning testicular cancer?
    "Try google."

Thank you for that TwoToofs, but I am almost sure that it was not Google who was selling this site. (but then I could be wrong as Google does have this habit of extending its tentacles every where!)

So TwoToofs, are you a part of Google?

If not, then why would you NOT let your potential clients know as to what the EFFIN site related to the testicular cancer is all about!

I am sure that you do realize that testicular cancer is not something that you should fool around with!

mytechiestuff, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  5. TwoToofs

TwoToofs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 16
    Let's think about this. If someone was interested, I assume they would look at the site. If they are too LAZY to do so they will never be a potential anything in my world. (I forgot how DP members expect such hand-holding.) Have a nice day.

6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    ???

You really need to take a time out from these forums. Noone was calling your clients lazy. He called you lazy. I had the same question as you, but this is answered as soon as you see the pictures from the website.
    You are right though, it is a fair question, as the OP hasnt taken into consideration that you may have been viewing DP by a mobile phone, and even if you werent, it should have been made clear that it is shirts / socks / ties / undies (whatever) with a logo of a 'swimmer' (to put it politely).

As for declaring open war on the seller, it is not needed. For a start read this:
    I read this, and I interpret this to mean that the seller has made $0 since he brought it, because if you cannot ship a product, you have to provide a refund, so there really is no reason to declare war on someone for making nothing, in fact, more then likely he is losing money.

As for the amount of a percentage, exactly what number would be right in your eyes? Any legit company loses a chunk of sales to payment processing fees, taxes, as well as shipping, inventory, adwords, hosting, domains, etc. I know that you wont agree, but a site that only does a few sales here and there would not really have the room for any real donations. However, once the site is pulling large sales, then it might be possible to do 30%-40% direct to charity (providing that the item + import fees is 50% and that relevant taxes, and payment processing fees are 10% and providing that the site running and advertising costs are only 10%-20%)
    I do agree that the word "significant" may be misleading, again, taking into consideration the costs involved, giving 30% of each sale would essientially be 100% profit (no I do not want to debate numbers to you, these are just rough numbers for example purposes), but while 30% doesnt sound to be significant, I think anyone would agree that 100% profit is significant.

but again, he hasnt made anything, and even if he did, can you prove that they havent made donations to the charity?

You posted in this thread. Why? were you ever really serious about buying? or just trolling? You claim that 3 of your clients are big doners?
    Prove it. You have openly declared war on someone for not donating to charity, when they have made it clear they havent made any money -> in fact every item I looked at on their site has "no stock" so why are you at war with him?

There is nothing stopping you, or your clients from buying this site, and running it, change it from "significant" to something more transparent like "10%" or "20%" or "30%", or whatever is required to allow the site to be sustainable, as well donate to charity.

I would love it if a proper company could purchase this, as I for one could use some cool new socks!

matt_62, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  7. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    89.5% - 17
    "....I read this, and I interpret this to mean that the seller has made $0 since he brought it,"
    My dear Matt_62 , with due respect, the fact that the seller has not made any money by making this is offer is besides the point.
    This offer should never have been made by this chappy.

And it is not a war on just this seller. It is our intention to eradicate any scams that are aimed at the weakest members of our society.

One of my most important clients lost his young son, only 27, to this most underrated of diseases and so I have a Carte Blanche, to try and eradicate any scams that aim to target those who suffer from this ailment.

Matt_62, please understand that we come across a large number of scams on a regular bases, all aimed at the most vulnerable of the users.

The simple solution is that if you do not have ALL of the answers about a Cancer related site, please DO NOT sell a site aimed at some one's misery!

Just look at this post:
    “I just bought this site and I'm tired of it already. The site sells private label clothing concerning testicular cancer. The previous owner supposedly has inventory but I can't get him to send it. It takes him a week to answer an email and I have a business to run.”

The seller is apparently already "tired of this site" and even though he cannot contact the previous owner, as “it takes him a week to answer an email” he has no problem in offering this testicular cancer site, BECAUSE he has “a business to run”!

Are you really OK with the above Matt_62 ???

You accuse me of not taking time out from these forums but forgive me for asking this but do you guys take a look at what is going on out there???????????

Ken

mytechiestuff, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    but this site wasnt made by this guy... the site, the clothing stock, the photos, the writing that made you upset, and all the other site content was made by someone else. who is to say what his intentions are when he brought it?
    I know you wont agree, but I feel like you are accusing someone of a crime, simply as they own a ski-mask.

So what exactly do you want this guy to do right here and right now? Can he at least have your permission to sell the domain name?

If the new owner was able to provide the exact same quality products and service, but REMOVED the text from the site about donations, and made it clear that NO DONATIONS were made at all, would you consider this to be acceptable, or would you consider it to be profiteering from peoples misery?

I see most campaigns for cancer have two functions, one being to raise funds for research, but the other more important one, being to raise awareness, and some do spend alot of money advetising on TV, simply to raise awareness. I see no harm in a site that offers only one of these functions, and IMO, it does help the cause. And who knows, maybe by raising more awareness, the site could potentially save someones life.

You know, It is hard to write a reply to you and all of your clients, as you seem to skip / misread parts, and get upset with them.
    This is how I see it. You posted in the thread, all nice and happy, you got a reply you didnt like, and got upset about it, using "effing" and being quite hostile. The seller, then replied to you in a rude, yet somewhat suitable tone for the sitution which was based on the hostility shown to them, and of course, you didnt like it, and this is when you declared war.

Look up the threads and see for youself. You declared war on him on the 3rd post. Your anger seems out of proportion, and does not seem to be aimed at the site (though you claim it to be) it seems to be more a response that was triggered by the reply from the OP. IF he had not replied to you, no doubt, you and all your clients would have been fine and happy.

This is your second war that I am aware of in what 3 days? What was the last war about? You spammed someone elses sales thread (for no reason) then had an answer you didnt like, and then you started spamming other peoples sales threads asking "oh your name is nothing to do with someone else, but i am gonna pretend to be interested in your site, on the condition that you are not related to someone else on this forum that i no longer like for no reason other then I got cranky over what they said in a reply" -> i mean dude, seriously.

Tell me, how many sales threads did you spam with that ridiculous message, simply aimed at discrediting a seller, simply because you didnt like their reply? Does that seem mature to you?
    I read that other sales thread about the other random guy you are at war with, and I am telling you, you are making mountains out of molehills.

Think what you like, but I am out of this thread. I wish you and your clients the best of luck in all your future wars.

matt_62, Oct 8, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, Spoiltdiva and malky66 like this.