1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress site - how to more pages?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by DenisaFrisk, Sep 29, 2013.

Hi there!

I have a website at this address: http://video-filmy.cz/

I have there more than 50 articles but all of them are still on homepage and I think that my site is too large (page loading is thus slow). May you help me, how to create more pages on my homepage? I am using wordpress (leaf template) and here is picture of what I have in mind.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for all your replies,
    Denisa

DenisaFrisk, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    page loading is not the result of number of articles on homepage

try for some caching plugins like super cache, and dbquery cache.

google - make wordpress faster"

competent123, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  3. DenisaFrisk

DenisaFrisk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply! I will google it, but the main problem is number of articles on homepage. I don't want to have there 100's of articles..

4. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try this: Log into your site, go to settings, then reading and I think you will find an option to set up how many articles you want on your homepage.
    Hope I helped. :)

VukasinI, Sep 29, 2013 IP
    DenisaFrisk likes this.
  5. DenisaFrisk

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply :) I tried to choose "On homepage show only 5 articles" but it still don't work :/ There is maybe some problem in template..

6. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably. This method always worked for me. Do a reseach for some plugin maybe. Nowadays, there is a plugin for everything so why don't give it a try.

VukasinI, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  7. MakZF

MakZF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What you want depends on the theme being used. Typically there will be an option in the theme's settings, a shortcode used in the relevant page, or a piece of code in the template file which will determine how many posts are displayed. Have a look at those things.

MakZF, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  8. M y

M y Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use wp-super-cache plugin. It will speed up your site.

M y, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  9. DenisaFrisk

Best Answers:
    When I check "leaf options", there is just theme color, theme layout, slider category and number of more articles. I choose 4, but there are on my homepage still too much articles. By the way, there is also "Custom CSS". Is it possible to put some code in "Custom CSS" field? Thanks for your reply.

@M y Thanks for recommended plugin. I will try to use it.

10. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Probably your theme uses a custom loop to display homepage posts.
    Usually if you go to Wp-admin, Settings, Reading will allow user to set number of posts to display for standard loops. (wp-admin/options-reading.php - Blog pages show at most).
    If your theme displays homepage content with a custom loop, this will make that template to ignore the settings from WordPress admin panel and display a custom posts number set in code.

You can try Wp-Pagenavi for pagination, but from what I know of, in case your homepage template has a custom loop, you will need to add some additional code to make it work.
    I don't know what experience you got in coding or WordPress and I'm sorry if I got you even more in fog with my explanation :p.

Hefaistos, Sep 29, 2013 IP
    DenisaFrisk likes this.
  11. DenisaFrisk

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Yes, I understand your reply. I tried (wp-admin/options-reading.php), but it doesn't work for me, so I'll try wp-pagenavi plugin and I'll see :) Your answer is exhaustive, thanks for that!

12. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I also found Leaf theme on wordpress.org. I took a quick look over it and found that homepage content is called from home.php , which indeed uses a custom loop to display posts. Also, if you got latest version, you should find under wp-admin->Appearance->Leaf Options a select with label "Number of More Articles". This should theoretical to affect the number of posts displayed on homepage.
    In the version I found on wordpress.org, this allow users to select only a value between 2 and 10 articles (so, this will be a little strange that your theme displays so many), so if you got the latest theme version, you should check in home.php for this code:
    <?php $articles = (!empty($options['leaf_more_articles_number'])) ? ($options['leaf_more_articles_number']) : 2; ?>
    PHP:
    and check if $articles variable is not override before is called in WP_Query args or have another value set.

Hefaistos, Sep 29, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  13. Ana Designs

Ana Designs Member

Best Answers:
    mostly there are theme problems in this case i was also facing this issue but after changing the template it worked fine :)

Ana Designs, Sep 30, 2013 IP