1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

css trouble

Discussion in 'CSS' started by cavendano, Sep 27, 2013.

I am having some trouble with the css on the page that is in my signature.
    the box that surrounds the content portion of the page is too small..
    you cant really see it on the main page but if you click on faq you will see what i am talking about..
    any help is appreciated

Solved! View solution.
    cavendano, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    Just increase #content padding from 10px to a higher value (with 30px I think will look decent).
    You will find #content {} on line 48 at /includes/themes/mds_light/css/main.css .

Hefaistos, Sep 29, 2013 IP
    cavendano likes this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    "box that surrounds" seems a bit vague, but from a layout perspective it reeks of "WCAG, what's that?" and on the whole is not what I would call "viable for web deployment" on accessibility grounds. The inaccessible fixed width layout, inaccessible PX metric fonts declared on body, broken/gibberish use of numbered headings resulting in broken heading navigation... and that's without even looking under the hood with the endless pointless DIV for nothing, Bootcrap pissing all over the markup and bloating out the page (made outright laughable to use bootcrap and still have no responsive or fluid design), jQuery bloat for NOTHING of value (not that jQ usually does anything but walk through a pile and track it all over any site it is applied to)... It's a laundry list of how not to build a website if you want people to actually visit it and use it.

As evident by the ridiculously massive 840k in 24 files to deliver 360 BYTES of plaintext and no content images... anywhere from 50 to 100 times what it should be in total sizes and six times the file count...

Made even worse by the complete lack of graceful degradation -- since if you can't make a page that things like the form aren't workable scripting off/blocked, you probably shouldn't be adding scripting in the first place. You've got a lot of "gee ain't it neat" scripttardery in there (like the login dropdown) that really is the type of nonsense that has no business on a website in the first place -- and even if it did, you should be making a real form and real submit and then enhance it with the javascript, instead of not even having a proper form or submit.

I'd be tossing that out to start over from scratch, there is little if anything I'd try to salvage from that code-wise.

deathshadow, Sep 30, 2013 IP