1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Algorithm Update "Hummingbird" Has been Rolled out

Discussion in 'Google' started by log0008, Sep 26, 2013.

1. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I kind of disagree, Google is too widely know for people to stop using it, 98% of its users wouldn't even know about these updates, they just go to Google to search and while it they traffic keeps coming so will the advertisers.

log0008, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of really dumb uninformed comments in this thread!

Hummingbird is NOT a ranking algorithm update. It is just a search infrastructure update like caffeine.

Agent000, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  3. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It still effects your ranking, but i dont expect it to be as much a previous

log0008, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  4. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hummingbird another new algo, oh god what next

AmanDH, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  5. vabtrock

vabtrock Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude it mainly concentrates on "LONG TAIL KEYWORDS" rather than "Short Keywords"
    Example:-
    (1) Google launched their hummingbird update to filter out crap websites. (Long Tail) :) GOOD

(2) Google hummingbird update. (Short) :mad: BAD

vabtrock, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  6. plf0903

plf0903 Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say it will happen tomorrow, but it will happen I think, Microsoft is dying and if you had of said that what, 5 years ago, everyone would have said you were crazy, but it is happening, they missed the boat on what Apple was doing, just like Blackberry did, now Facebook and twitter are after Google and they will win I think

plf0903, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  7. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This update has affected small websites with low quality backlinks or duplicate content. The changes were not drastic IMO. One of my site got affected and the reason is same "new website, low backlinks"

blogdum, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  8. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius Member

Best Answers:
    It haven't created much difference, just keep your content original and of high quality for users. According to me you might need to rethink your keyword strategy by keeping everything else as it is.
    Hope this helps.

9. bbharath

bbharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive seen the loss of traffic but my site stil shows it ranks well. Not sure what was the problem for lossing traffic. Webmaster tools show the site search queries has been decreased and dropped huge traffic.
    Its very hard to say what it was affected, but I will see in next month.

bbharath, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  10. aurobindosahoo

aurobindosahoo Member

Best Answers:
    Amit Singhal, senior vice president of Google search, informed journalists on Friday that the company released its newest "Hummingbird" algorithm criteria about per month ago and that it currently impacts 90% of globally queries via Google Search engines.

Google is trying to keep speed with the progress of Internet utilization. As searches get more complex, conventional "Boolean" or keyword-based techniques begin difficult because of the need to coordinate ideas and definitions moreover to terms.

"Hummingbird" is the organization's attempt to coordinate the significance of issues with that of records on the Internet, said Singhal from the Menlo Park garage area garage area where Search engines founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin created their now-ubiquitous Google search engine.

"Remember what it was like to search in 1998? You'd sit down and start up your heavy laptop or computer, switch up on your squawky device, kind in some search phrases, and get 10 red hyperlinks to sites that had those terms," Singhal had written in a individual blogpost.

"The World has modified so much since then: immeasurable people have come on the internet, the Web has expanded significantly, and now you can ask any query on the highly effective little system in your pocket."

Page and Brin set up shop in the spare room area of Leslie Wojcicki -- now a mature Search engines professional -- in Sept 1998, around the time they integrated their company. These 7 days represents the Fifteenth birthday of their cooperation.

aurobindosahoo, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  11. Niraj Vishwakarma

Niraj Vishwakarma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many website owners reporting that thewy have lost several backlinks between 24th to 30th August. i have also checked various site have lost there backlinks after 24th august. I think it was hummingbird

Niraj Vishwakarma, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  12. sudeeptheja

sudeeptheja Member

Best Answers:
    Hello ,

Can any one tell me what all features of Google Humming Bird. What it is clearly expalin about ? please mention breifly >>

sudeeptheja, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  13. RKC

RKC Banned

Best Answers:
    Google has never told anyone that which type of content is quality one ? Neither they have show any samples that how the content should be on our blogs.

RKC, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  14. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Best Answers:
    I agree that Google has never let us know which type of content is a quality one and it'll never show us the samples but Google has always been giving us guidelines on how to create quality content which we tend to ignore it. Consider this, a user has come to your blog or article to find answers for his question and if he not only get relative information about that topic but an actual satisfying answer, then your article / blog is a quality one.
    Hope this helps

15. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Best Answers:
    Its been a month now that Hummingbird algorithm has been rolled out now and there have been lot fluctuations in rankings. What are the changes you advise to be made in Keyword and content strategy considering Hummingbird update?
    Thanks in advance!

16. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    In that case...that can be a very good update from Google. Anyway, we do not own Google so all we can do is really make some complaints here and there but at the end of the day the King of the Internet will always have its way.

theAdviserMe, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  17. danielsmitth

danielsmitth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nothing to worry about this algorithm, It is basically to make the Google result accurate and faster.

Local Business Networking By www.BizTeam.com

danielsmitth, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  18. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    what should we do in SEO after hummingbird update ?

great_friend, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  19. achher

achher Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Long-tail and short tail keywords may have something to do with recent upgrade but it seems Hummingbird is all about relevancy of each word in keyword. They even gave example that if the name of place is in keyword it will consider pages from specific places. As per uniqueness of content is concerned its just a term. After all how many synonyms and combination of words can be found on infinite pages on world wide web. Hummingbird was active since last month and I improved ranking of a page with 50% spinned content right in last month. Uniqueness of content is just one factor out of 200+ factors considered by Hummingbird but may be the last one.

achher, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  20. achher

achher Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think average visit duration is and always was the major factor to rank a page provided the page is non flash. May be I am wrong.

achher, Oct 1, 2013 IP