1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does commenting on Youtube videos help with links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by UrbanColour, Sep 27, 2013.

Just wondering really in my continuing mission to learn.

Does making decent comments on niche related YouTube videos help us out at all and how? also, what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks

UrbanColour, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  2. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The backlink from youtube are no follow but you will get people that click your link which will result in more targeted traffic and then they will come check you out.
    So I would send them to a squeeze page to try to capture those targeted leads if I was you.
    Your doing a good job ..
    Hang in there! The day will come when something that you do hits it big and you will know that you found your calling..

If I was to help someone that is just starting out and wanting to learn ? I would tell them to study copyrighting!
    You will use it for everything that you do and if you master it you can make more money then most doctors and lawyers.
    It will be more profitable then any college degree..
    Couple thousand a hour if you get good.

Do not focus on learning SEO like I did, because the game is always changing .With copyrighting you will learn a skill that you will use in every aspect of marketing..
    Best of luck my friend.

tac88, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  3. UrbanColour

UrbanColour Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help Tac, With regards the Youtube commenting. It seems that with many there are lots of comments and so maybe a risk of being lost in the noise. So, if thats the case is there a way to stand out, maybe by picking a vid with few comments ?

UrbanColour, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, for the folks for whom English is a second language and often look up words and terms, TAC88 made a great point, but used the wrong word. I am pretty sure that he meant "copywriting" (which is the art/science of putting together words into marketing/sales messages) and not "copyrighting" (which is the legal term for protecting your writings by claiming them exclusively as yours.)

jrbiz, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  5. GreenColor

GreenColor Peon

Best Answers:
    In some cases it works and sometimes not.

For example in me i am in long time on internet i would not click on a link that says "click me here and you will learn the secret on how to get a 6 pack abs"

but for some which he is newbie it might work.

GreenColor, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  6. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think it works. Apart from being a no follow, it also depends on the way the comment is worded so that it entices people. Another thing, you should know is that because most of the comments are usually posted by bots hence spammy in nature then a lot of people may not even bother looking at the comment section at all

talktotop, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  7. Alicia Tang

Alicia Tang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depending on which video you comment on, I've seen videos and all the comments are asking for you to check out their page.

Alicia Tang, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think it's a lot of work with no or little ROI. A long time ago I tried commenting on YT videos trying to get people interested in one of my sites. Didn't work well for me at all.

qwikad.com, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  9. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, in most cases any links are good links even if they are no follow and don't particularly help your ranking. It's still another link that could help bring more people to your site. Especially on a high traffic site like YouTube

ChrisBa, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  10. UrbanColour

UrbanColour Member

Best Answers:
    I understand all points made here and agree that Youtube comments should be probably managed carefully to avoid becoming just a part of the white noise with the spam. But as mentioned, a link, even if a non follow link may still bring a visitor.

UrbanColour, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  11. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    You should show your presence every where on the net even if it is cursory. There are chances of success if you honestly approach the potential clients.

Alex jones, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  12. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i think it might help at least something.

atsad, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  13. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Links in Youtube comments are nofollow - so the short answer is NO. It does not helps.

If memory serves me right, the link for the youtube channel used to be dofollow. I just checked that again and seems like that too had been made nofollow now.

uttoransen, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  14. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    Generally, youtube links are no-follow but if you comment relevant on youtube with relevant links than they can generate traffic for you but will not help you to make link juice but you will get sufficient traffic from their and can increase your following.

B.Williams, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  15. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm amazed that no one has mentioned that you can't have links in your youtube comments, the comment spam has long ended now since a lot of the comments are reported.

evelinawilliams007, Oct 18, 2013 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To rank a Youtube video at Google, you need more views and more natural comments which posted from other users.

himanuzo, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  17. amidala1

amidala1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it really doesn't depend on which video you comment on. Or you mean that not all videos allow commenting?

amidala1, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  18. vivekthakur

vivekthakur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not really, i did it many time but not get any traffic. Reason behind this may Youtube not allow to post links in comment and visitor
    not get much pain to learn all comments.

vivekthakur, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  19. seoideasbank

seoideasbank Peon

Best Answers:
    I see that Youtube link will grab some extra Laser targeted visitors ( depending on video quality ), which you can convert easily to YOUR visitors by opt-in them gently.

seoideasbank, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  20. Tumpo

Tumpo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As previously said, you can't include hyperlinks on youtube comments, so the question is moot.

Tumpo, Oct 26, 2013 IP