1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site loading time

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bharathiseo88, Aug 30, 2013.

1. maconheiromor

maconheiromor Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice one, thanks for the info

maconheiromor, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  2. george saviola

george saviola Peon

Best Answers:
    Is your site working???
    champs.net seems that is down....

george saviola, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's a joke, right? You have 627 separate files totalling OVER SIX MEGABYTES -- that is almost THIRTY times the number of files I set as an ideal for a page on a site, and easily twenty times the upper limit... every separate file takes a 'handshake' that can take anywhere from 50ms to a full on second regardless of connection speed -- with a 'real world' average of 200ms. That's over two minutes of handshaking ALONE! Much less the ridiculous page size, easily forty times what I'd allow on a single page on a site. OF COURSE IT'S SLOW!

You've just got too much stuff on a single page. Hence the THREE MINUTES it takes for the page to load here.

Even ignoring the endless content images that REALLY need to be broken into multiple separate pages, the code is a disaster -- 600k of javascript in 18 files for Christmas only knows what (most likely sleazing together 'gee ain't it neat' off the shelf jquery asshattery), 334k of CSS in 15 files on a site so simple there's no excuse for it to be using more than a tenth that in two files, and a massive 337k of markup -- the HTML alone is twice what I usually set as my upper allowable limit for HTML+IMAGES+CSS+SCRIPTS combined!

Under the hood that markup gets even worse, with the pointless HTML 5 bloat, idiotic "let's wrap the HTML tag in a half dozen conditionals" crap Paul Irish managed to crap all over the Internet with, several pointless bloated 'link', static scripting in the markup, static CSS in the markup, little if anything remotely resembling semantic markup, and of course the typical train wreck of turdpress "endless DIV for nothing, endless pointless presentational classes on everything, and absolute links everywhere just to waste bandwidth".

There is NOTHING of value I'd even try to salvage from that bloated train wreck... Though it is a poster child for exactly what happens when you take a bunch of off the shelf parts, shoe-horn them into a bloated garbage blogging system like turdpress, then force that system to do something it was never actually designed to do (be a game gallery).

My advice, throw it out and start over using semantic markup, separation of presentation from content, a custom script instead of slapping together off the shelf parts in the blind hope it will work, with realistic file count, content per page and file-size limits.

Pagination is a good thing, and pageloads are not evil.

deathshadow, Sep 26, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.