1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Priview Snippet on Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fill Can, Sep 23, 2013.

Why is Google don't use my own set of Preview Snippet? I can't change it anymore. Did Google decide now what to put on your descriptions and tittle? hmmm.. BTW I'm using WP.

Fill Can, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  2. dynamyk

dynamyk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Fil,

If you don't set your title and meta information on Wordpress ,google will pull the title from your post/page title and the meta from the first paragraph. To customize this I recommend The Yoast SEO plugin. The plugin is free and after installing there will be a section at the bottom of each post/ page allowing you to set you own (title, focus keyword, meta description, and view how it will look on google before you make it live.

dynamyk, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  3. Fill Can

Fill Can Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi dynamiyk,

I already installed and set my title, focus keywords and meta description in All in One SEO on Wordpress. and still there's no update in Google. hmmm heres another problem. i created a new page 3 weeks ago, and still not yet index in Google. :(

4. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Fill,
    Sometimes Google analyzes your meta description, if that doesn't feels right, then it will automatically picks up from your website content and shows up in search snippet, this is quite common with Google.

New page 3 weeks ago, and still not yet index in Google
    I would suggest to share those pages in Social Media and submit to some of social bookmarking sites like digg, delicious, reddit etc.

Hope this clarifies your Query

sameer_max, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  5. Fill Can

Fill Can Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi sameer_max. Google use the old snippet that i set, there are some typo errors so i decided to change it. Thanks for the suggestions. will do that right away :)