1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Often Do You Blog?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by oo87, Jul 22, 2013.

1. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the only best way to write something that is worth reading is only when you really feel the urge to say something. If you are just creating articles for populating your blogs and expecting that you will start gathering visitors then it is a wrong idea. It is not the number of visitors that always matters, it is the loyal and quality visitors that matters most.

So, it is not always about setting certain fixed frequency of blog posting, rather it should be like frequent ideas popping up in your mind that will help you grow quality blog and gathering loyal readers.

You know there is an appearantly simple but very complex inlaying equation that exists between a blog and it's reader.
    • If your blog post is not updated frequently, the readers will start losing interest.
    • Now if you get into that pressure and you started populating the blog post then you will gradually started feeling that the contents begin to going flat.
    So, you have to develop your skills about reading reader's mind and you have to keep thinking what they are really expecting and what you can serve them.

This with start itching your creative mind and will start generating ideas within yourself and you will never run out of topic to say. In fact you always have something new to say before you have finished your last one and thus the frequency of updating your blog will automatically increase and you will really enjoy it.

But please try to maintain a balance with your client's project and your urge for writing for your own blog.

digitalcreativenetwork, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  2. decadance

decadance Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is exactly as I thought, sometimes I was like there a 'drive' was coming right in and I wanted to write ASAP, before that 'drive' gone. Just my thought. :)

decadance, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  3. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes I update my few blogs...

No matter, often or rare update a blog... you must think:

1. Quality of each blogpost. It must be readable and SEO friendly. Google loves original and longer content (blogpost).

2. Monetizing - if you have a purpose for monetizing - think about how to write a blogpost that convinces readers to buy.

3. Traffic - you must think about how to bring targeted visitors to your blog.

himanuzo, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  4. SimonAnt

SimonAnt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting to know. I am a new blogger and wasn't sure how often is best. I made a list of possible post ideas and so far I have about 25 good ideas for posts that I have placed in correct order of posting. So at least I know what post comes next, and the ones after that, and I can start to consider ideas of how to write the content. But right now I think I will aim for twice weekly. My aim is to build an audience and also build a list when I can get round to getting a decent giveaway product written.

SimonAnt, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  5. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's the deal with your attitude to "marketers"? You seem to have some animosity there. Just saying. :)
    Marketing and copywriting are almost entirely symbiotic. In order to be a good copywriter you have to have a marketing mentality, and in order to be a good marketer you need to have some decent copy to support your product/service.

I'm wondering if you're really talking about blogging (in the traditional sense of "these are thoughts and opinions I want to share with like-minded people") where making money is not a consideration.

In answer to your question, I operate my own blogs as well as writing for affiliates and studios, so I have a slightly different take on this.

Many of my clients require updates every day, or every other day. There are none that I write for just two or three times a week. The general consensus is that "more is more" when it comes to blogging, at least professionally.

My own blogs do experience a correlating climb in traffic the more I post to them. If I spend a week focusing almost exclusively on clients and neglect my own sites, perhaps posting a couple of times a week, this is reflected in the traffic. If I update a blog once a day, the traffic returns to expected levels and climbs perhaps a little each week. If I post several times a day, I see spikes in traffic and a visible climb month-on-month.

I never really paid that much attention to what others out there say about these things, because it's all so contradictory. The response is often different depending on the business, the market, the time of year or the experience of the writer. Someone might claim that updating their blog three times a day has done nothing for them, but you don't know if they are monitoring their stats correctly, considering events in the world which might distract their readers, whether they are just pasting in duplicate content or updating with only a 100 word post. Of course they're not going to see much of a change if they're not really considering all the things that impact on their traffic.

All I know is what I can say from experience - when I post 300 - 1000 word posts on my blogs three times a day I watch the traffic climbing, and when I stop, or reduce that to one post every couple of days, I see it fall.

More is more, original content is key, lengthy and informative posts are vital. That's my opinion ;)

Conran, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  6. YesThatsMe

YesThatsMe Member

Best Answers:
    I create round about 30 - 70 articles a month.

YesThatsMe, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  7. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think, in general blogging has no timing set but in SEO point of view it is good to post at least one post in a week. By updating blog regularly, we can attract visitors and engage them to say something. Blogging is always very helpful in SEO and real life too.

emn, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  8. AndreaBlogs

AndreaBlogs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great question, I agree with Angie that it depends on the goals of your blog and what you are writing about. You don't have to post every day, but you should post on a regular basis so that your readers know when to expect your blogs. You want them to get into the habit of reading your blog on Wednesdays and Fridays (for example).

Something that will help you blog more frequently is a content calendar that lists posts you know you want to write. Planning out your content in this way is better than just writing when you feel inspired because it's more structured.

Hope this helps!

AndreaBlogs, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    Conran likes this.
  9. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, too many people who are "blogging for money" seem to rely on passing trade, rather than building a following.
    I would like to add to this that the process can be made a lot simpler (and more profitable) if you add a newsletter. You'll have the more interested readers signing up to it, and you can then notify them with a weekly email of the content you have added that week.

Don't just rely on people coming back to you, people are fickle when it comes to the sites and blogs they follow. Give them the opportunity to be kept up to date with newsletters too.

Conran, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  10. The Content Bloke

The Content Bloke Peon

Best Answers:
    I post two articles per week. Quality, high quality, is far more important to me than sheer numbers, though the more the merrier.

Whatever you write, make sure it's original (not that I'm suggesting you'd purloin something), entertaining, and screams you in the loudest, most captivating voice possible. Remember that the best kind of traffic is word-of-mouth traffic, i.e. traffic sent to your website by people who love your work.

The Content Bloke, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  11. tthompson37

tthompson37 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with The Content Bloke. Quality is better than the quantity of blog posts you have.

I think what matters most is how consistent you are and of course, how much value you bring to the table.

tthompson37, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  12. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you put them all in the same place? Our company varies the numbers of posts we publish per month. On some of our sites, we post once a month while other times we might post two to three times per week. In the past, we have posted in most places at least once a week.

BoostSoftware, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  13. shresthakks

shresthakks Greenhorn

Best Answers:

hi,
    This question is very much closer to me. I think, as a blogger, the answer to this question should place wisely from my side.
    In my 2 years experience on blogging, I have been facing so many difficulties related to blog traffic, blog design, keyword choosing, content writing and adsense. Finally, I have resolved all of the problems by the following steps:
    • Choosing Search Engine Optimized keyword, this means the title or sub-title we choose for writing a post or article for publish on our blog should be unique and audience targeted.
    • The second is writing great content: If we write quality content with great writing, this is one of the best method to make blog traffic easily. when I write 500 words post, I got few traffice about 50 visitors per day and when I started about more than 500 words or sometimes more than 3000 words with detail information, then my blog traffic increased to 100 per day or sometimes more than that and sometimes 400 per day.
    • The third is Regular posting: If we keep publishing at least one unique post everyday, then the habit of this kind of regular posting is the best SEO for search engines. When I started regular posting and reached my posts about 50 posts , each posts with more than 500 words, I have been getting at least 500 traffic per day. Once I could not get time to post on regular basis, at that time my blog traffic goes down to 450 or around it.
    • I have been doing promotion for my blog by the following methods:
    1. Forum posting related to my blog title.
    2. Blog commenting related to my blog title.
    3. Search engine submission on Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
    4. Directory Submission.
    5. Pinging of all URLs of Forum posing and Blog commenting.
    6. Social media marketing: Stumbleupon, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter etc.
    7. On Page optimization. etc.
    My aim is to make money online offline at home through blogging. Thank you.

shresthakks, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  14. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog it baby! Instead of freelancing and giving your valuable work to others for a few buck..bets is write your own blog or start a website. If you need one i can help you set up free of cost (you still have to purchase domain name and hosting).

sumdor, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  15. Eddie Phillips

Eddie Phillips Member

Best Answers:
    Hi from Eddie P--

I write on my blog early am and then try and update it later on. I use my blog as a type of to-do list for my day. I list what I want to accomplish and later update my progress.

I also share on my blog new things that I have learned or am learning.

I use blogger.com and have it linked to Google+. On some days I've had 40+ people visit my blog via Google+.

Eddie Phillips, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  16. ShipRaider

ShipRaider Member

Best Answers:
    My site is mainly for portfolio purposes, so I hardly blog on it.

ShipRaider, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  17. bizwithsocial.com

bizwithsocial.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just set up my own blog and I'm planning to write 3 times a week.

bizwithsocial.com, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  18. itsMrsWhite2

itsMrsWhite2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started my own blog just yesterday. I haven't set myself a posting schedule as I feel that my best work comes only when I really "feel" like writing. I'm not really writing for huge views and traffic, just because it is something I enjoy and I want to share it.

itsMrsWhite2, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  19. Mainak Halder

Mainak Halder Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

It's great to know that you too have been freelancing for years and just had the time to start your own website. It just the same case as me. I too started my blog just few months ago, and all through the way it's been a wonderful experience. I have been building up my community slowly and getting to interact with such high profile and lovely bloggers is too good.

Coming to point of writing posts, when I started few months ago, I tried hard writing and publishing everyday but it doesn't also happen, and writing every day and publishing every day often gets me too tiring.

So, I take it easy and publish 3 great posts that's really helpful and relevant for my visitors. Such that they really get the answers to their problems. That way, I myself am happy blogging.

Mainak Halder, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  20. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many blogs do you managed?

sumdor, Apr 7, 2014 IP