1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need Native English Writer For Blog, LONG TERM JOB BLOGGING

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by cbusiness, Sep 21, 2013.

Need a person/people willing to take a leap of faith with my blog.

I have a google news approved site that i've had custom developed.

I'm not starting off rich but I am willing to invest $75 per week with a writer. I'll be expanding out to a 2nd writer in ~20 days to create a team.

I need 6 CURRENT (to day) news articles daily that are 230 words each or more for my budget.

categories for content can be either the following:
    1) technology & internet
    2) Sports
    3) Hollywood
    4) Comedy
    5) world topics / finanace / miscellaneous

After 60-90 days your pay will increase if your writing is of good quality and drawing traffic. If your articles consistently do 1000+ views, you will earn upward of $1000 per month.

For articles that do big traffic, there's an incentive of $2 while working for the $75 per week rate.

Hopefully I can find some people who are young like me and willing to help this project. The goal is to get 100 articles per day published and become my niche's version of Huff post ...

required
    - must have skype
    - must be original content you write
    - must be able to upload pictures
    - work with wordpress

Leave a DM with the subject line "Blog Writer Ready To Grow" , including your information. Include your location, links to 2 samples of your work, and your skype name.

Thanks.

cbusiness, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  2. abhishek kumar singh

abhishek kumar singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hey i am interested in this job ...pls appoient me for this job
    contact me

abhishek kumar singh, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  3. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Did you even read? He says "Native English Writer", and do you think the way you address the client qualifies? Give me a break dude.

bogartkick, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  4. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this 7 days a week?

That's 1,380 words a day
    7 days a week would make 9,660 words

I'm doing this all in my head, but I believe that would come out to 75 to 78 cents per 100 words?

Not only that, but here are additional requirements:
    The Huffington post part was pretty amusing as well. The Huff doesn't employ 77 cent writers, I can assure you of that.

This happens far too often as well. Clients come around and bring the hope of "future" incentives for writers who are currently starving artists. The majority of the people you'll have applying for your job don't have time to wait for "future" profits or incentive. The only people that accept jobs that pay this poorly are starving writers at the end of their rope and are constantly hopping from client to client hoping to find steady everlasting work.

I wouldn't even maintain a Wordpress for $75 a week, but more power to the general majority of the clients on here to constantly search for their low wage slaves.

coreygeer, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I hope that he does "appoient" him for the job then posts his content, so that we can all share a good laugh.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  6. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And don't forget: Comes back to the forum to blame Google for a drop in the SERPs and for a high bounce rate.

coreygeer, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  7. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Right on the money - like .7764587 per 100. Or, for those feeling particularly daring, comes out to about $2.80 - $3.80 an hour, depending on the words per article 'generosity' proffered by the writer.

Now, I'm not by all means 'dashing' or 'sexy', but I could pull that waiting tables just in tips by dumping water and salads off 7 times an hour. My server salary not included...

See what I'm getting at, OP? Internet content is convoluted not because of writers' poorly prepared prose, but because poorly paid writers are providing what clients pay for.

Read anything wholesome online about content; it's an investment. If you cannot offer something indicative of writers' aptitudes, then perhaps - as stated above - you'll continually reside on Google's bottom SERP rungs.

Dave Goehst, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  8. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for everyone that's replied positively.

there will always be negative minds on-line, ESPECIALLY behind a computer.

Many writers/journalists that are passionate about what they do will work a no pay intern to get a chance at a job that's consistently paying out. That is a fact. I have college students helping for free in their spare time b/c they like my site.

Here, some of you complain for NO REASON. If you don't like it you do not need to reply. You're complaining about not being paid enough but just typed 100 words free for a pointless reply. Just my humble observance.

I'm asking people come to me with quality work for pay. If your work is good ,you will have opportunity to grow.

This isn't 'articles' to turn and burn a site. This is the expanding of a real news source that's been on-line since 2008, THOUGH I just recently had site modernized.

I'm looking to assemble my core team of paid writers that I can contract long term next year. I'm well experienced but not backed by any other's funding. I know what I need and I know if I just wrote 1200 pages of content for my site free, motivated by the upward trend... then I know there's some others who will feel the same way.

That's who I want. Anyone else, good luck and God Bless!

cbusiness, Sep 23, 2013 IP
    GamingOn likes this.
  9. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Negative, no. Pragmatic, realistic and well-polished? Definitely.

100 words on a platform designed for 'open, honest yet tempered' voices - DP isn't paying me, nor is most any member-based forum paying people to write freely (except those who outsource to inflate their membership counts prior to selling). Your hiring low paid writers with high-grade expectations. Big difference when accurately defining 'plausible reasoning'.

Yet you're asking people to work for 'turn and burn' prices. In addition, as you stated candidly above, "there will always be negative minds online". Translation? We don't know you from Adam, nor could accurately verify if your intentions are true.

Bottom line: If you want real, the pay cannot be subpar. How many times must any of us repeat ourselves? Content is an investment - come prepared when starting new ventures by factoring content strategies into your start-up costs. College kids are worthy of higher pay, especially if they've proven their journalistic skills are 'up to snuff'.

Dave Goehst, Sep 23, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Internships are often done in a corporate or career driven environment (not the internet) and they usually lead to a job.

If you do in fact have qualified college students helping your website for free as you say, why don't you just use them for your work?

Also, this came from you over at the WF:
    Don't people ever wonder why that is when you're publishing content written by low budget writers?

coreygeer, Sep 23, 2013 IP
    Dave Goehst likes this.
  11. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

People need to decide what type of writer they want to hire. Either the hobbyists who share in a vision or have a passion for the subject matter and college students who want to earn beer/pizza money or the writers who actually earn a living from their skill. You can't expect to make an offer wanting to attract the latter with the pay rate appealing to the former.

TextServices, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  12. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    bottom line. I got what I needed. Good luck to you writing full letters of complaints instead of using your time constructively.

Hope your Dream job does happen.

God Bless.

cbusiness, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  13. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Um...no. Reality check in 3..2..1..

Also, yet another low-baller claiming that he got what he was loking for. That seems to be the default "nana-booboo" for these guys.

We don't believe you.

Graphicsfx, Sep 26, 2013 IP