1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to get articles content

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Usetelm, Sep 19, 2013.

Hello. First of all, my english is not good - but I hope you understand what I mean. Also, I hope that is the right category for my question.

I can not seem to figure out which is the best way to extract the content of the articles. I mean content articles on news sites such as CNN, BBC, Mashable and so on. Maybe something like Readability (but even that does not always work and anyway, I don't know how it is possible to make something similar).

The first thing that crossed my mind was RSS. But even this, some sites offer partial feed, some do not offer RSS anymore. RSS lost "power" when Google decided to close Google Reader.

I tried to appeal to the services like Full-TEXT RSS Feeds (fivefilters - search on Google). But even if I pay for it, is not exactly what I want. Sometimes it does not works and when it does return "extra content".

What to ask my users? To enter RSS feed from that site? And beyond? I have the title, URL and a limited text. I need full text.
    To save URL and pass it through the fivefilters filter? Then I will have different additional content dependind by entered feed.

Waiting for your ideas and questions if necessary! I hope I made myself clear, I tried my best. :eek:

I hope you understand what I want and can help me get over this problem. Not trying to steal content from other sites or anything like that. There is no reason to do that (to steal content from external sites). I just want to give them a new format, of course, alongside the original version. I just do not find a way to get to the full text. :(

Usetelm, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  2. mymindrules

mymindrules Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Best way to get article content is to write and proofread your self. But if you are not an expert then you should hire someone for it and make a quality proofread

mymindrules, Sep 23, 2013 IP