1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay: Scammed by ebay member...

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by dscurlock, Sep 22, 2013.

Whats new right, scammers are everywhere....

1:Order Item that claimed to be in good condition.
    2: Item arrived broken/damaged....
    3: eBay member said that he did not inspect item before
    shipping, then changed his story later by saying he did
    inspect the item in order to cover up his blunder.
    4: and without proof has accused me of damaging the
    item with one lie to follow up with many more lies....

eBay: You guys belong together. I took the high road, even though his
    lies were obvious and mounting up in our communications; I closed the case,
    then closed my account; I will never order another fucking thing from ebay....

Goodluck ebay, and ebay scammers....

dscurlock, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  2. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I understand your issues, but no need to use bad language on DP :D Usually Ebay love the buyers so if a buyer opens a dispute 9 times out of 10 they would win it. You could always phone Ebay or open a dispute on PayPal.

Jordna

Original Hosting, Sep 22, 2013 IP
    scott2342 likes this.
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    was it delivered by fedex? Because this is how the look after fragile computer screens:

If it was damaged either in transit, or before being sent, why did you not get a refund from paypal? why did your postage insurance not cover it? Someone I know brought an apple (either ipod or phone i cant tell em apart), it arrived in perfect condition and their 4 year old kid smashed it, the seller simply refunded their money and claimed it back from insurance.

As someone that buys 1-2 things on average monthly from ebay, I simply do not understand the issue that you are having.
    I very rarely sell on ebay, but as for as selling dodgy items, I once sold a laptop, description was 100% accurate, before it being sent out I did a full recheck, found damage with the hinge that I either did not notice, or I suspect one of my little angels had dropped it after I had listed it, so I sent the guy a full refund, of course he was FURIOUS, but in that situation, what I did was the best thing for all involved. I have always prided myself in listing every fault, and every scratch that I can find, but the cost of making everyone happy means that I end up selling alot lower then other sellers for the same sort of items.

matt_62, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am to tired to argue 20 msg/day on he said-he said BS.
    No matter what my reply is; it still turned out to be my fault...
    I said it was broke; he said i was lying. If I said parts were
    missing, then he would say they were just laying beside me...
    If i cursed him out, then I was just being abusive....

I just do not have time for the BS ebay games....

I let the scammer go...
    So ebay and scammer can live free....
    case closed....
    ebay account: closed.

no futher action required.

Goodluck ebay and scammer....

5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It was not postal damge. He finally admitted to buy the same item on ebay to resale, but he
    did not inspect the item before reshipping, and also caught him in that same lie as he later tries to
    cover his own ass by then saying he did inspect the item. The previous seller is the one that
    broke the item, and he just bought it for resale, and did a poor job by not inspecting the item, then
    listing the item on ebay in "good condition" then he continues to rant on about he never said the item
    was defective, not defective, worked, or not worked, so in his mind "good condition" means it just
    looks good in appearance...yes, I probably could have taken him on and won, but I am tired of this
    bs, the longer I stay online, the more i get taken for, I closed ebay, and probably will cancel all of
    my domains, hosting, and so on, so good luck to the scammers, so I am going from buyer
    to just surfer, maybe in the future maybe cancel out internet all together, just does not seem worth it anymore....

Item will:
    1: Sit on the shelf until i decide to fix it (probably never)
    2: rot into dust.
    3: sit on shelf until i die.

If your answer was #3
    (then you were probably right)

as i want to remind my self daily that I got scammed on eBay.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    well, it is a real pity that this guy was not held accountable.
    For sure, take a break from the net if you can. If I could, I would love to take a few months off from being online, but not something I can do.

matt_62, Sep 22, 2013 IP