1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Free Directory Submission Tool

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by AllYearFootball, Nov 17, 2006.

?

How much would you pay for the premium service?

1. Nothin

27 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. 10 dollars

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. 15 dollars

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. 25 dollars

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. 50 dollars

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. 100 dollars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. My first child

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. rknuppel

rknuppel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which services are you talking about?

rknuppel, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  2. peicom

peicom Guest

Best Answers:
    AllYearFootball,

I get this error after clicking the register button:

[​IMG]

Could you please fix it?

peicom, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  3. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    I received an error when I tried to register, see attached.

Eric

Attached Files:

LinkBliss, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  4. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the problems registering, they should be fixed now. I am in the process of adding some new features, and I accidently broke something. Sorry about that.

AllYearFootball, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  5. seoBear

seoBear Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me the BIG disadvantage is that this tool requires .NET :( So I downloaded it, tried to install, got a message about .NET, clicked "Cancel", and moved the tool into "Trash" :(

seoBear, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  6. SNaRe

SNaRe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was searching for a tool something like that. I can pay for this program. I sent pm

SNaRe, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  7. whitegreyblackhat

whitegreyblackhat Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what was wrong but I couldn't get this to work. Where do you fill in the info about your site?

whitegreyblackhat, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  8. FlyingBear

FlyingBear Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious, why you need webservice in the program? Are you sending some infor back to the server?

bear

FlyingBear, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  9. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    leenk,
    Thanks for the input, I am in the process of making a number of changes you have suggested, I will let you all know when the new version is out.

whitegreyblackhat,

If you have sent me a PM to upgrade your account, you should be able to fill in the info about your site by clicking on "Edit Submission Info" on the Tools menu.

FlyingBear,
    There are 2 reasons I used a web service. First, to get some practical experience with creating and using web services. Secondly, there is a lot of information that goes back and forth from the program to the server. None of it is personal, but things that change frequently (such as categories, directories, how to map form fields to what you have entered) go from the server to the client, and when you add a new directory, that is sent back to the server so that others can use the same directory. My hope is that rather than having one person (myself) controlling what directories are included, by having all the users add directories to the master database, the list of directories will grow much faster.

AllYearFootball, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  10. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    leenk,
    Thanks for the input, I am in the process of making a number of changes you have suggested, I will let you all know when the new version is out.

whitegreyblackhat,

If you have sent me a PM to upgrade your account, you should be able to fill in the info about your site by clicking on "Edit Submission Info" on the Tools menu.

FlyingBear,
    There are 2 reasons I used a web service. First, to get some practical experience with creating and using web services. Secondly, there is a lot of information that goes back and forth from the program to the server. None of it is personal, but things that change frequently (such as categories, directories, how to map form fields to what you have entered) go from the server to the client, and when you add a new directory, that is sent back to the server so that others can use the same directory. My hope is that rather than having one person (myself) controlling what directories are included, by having all the users add directories to the master database, the list of directories will grow much faster.

AllYearFootball, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  11. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    I am still getting an error, see attached.

I was on WorldHot and hit the Populate Form button.

Eric

Attached Files:

LinkBliss, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  12. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    I will be releasing a new version in the next day or 2 that should fix all known bugs. In addition, it will have some new features, such as randomly selecting a title and description from a list, including pagerank, google backlinks, yahoo backlinks, and msn backlinks. Also, there will be the ability to filter by type (free, recip, or paid), and filter by category.

I will post once the new version is available.

For all of those who have tried it, are there any other suggestions you might have?

AllYearFootball, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  13. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    Just poke at it yourself and also install on another computer and poke at it for a while.

Both times I tried I got errors with a minute or two of playing with it.

Eric

LinkBliss, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  14. costa blanca

costa blanca Peon

Best Answers:
    tool looks really good, have just PM'd you for the upgrade.

costa blanca, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  15. billnad

billnad Peon

Best Answers:
    I have PM'd as well. I would like to find a decent autopopulate, and although it would be nice to see the PR of sub categories I am not sure how useful that would be with all of the new directories coming online and the time between Google toolbar PR updates.

billnad, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  16. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    I have released a new version of the code with a number of new features:

• PageRank, Google backlinks, Yahoo backlinks, MSN backlinks are now displayed

• You can now filter by directory type (free/reciprocal/paid)

• You can now filter by category

• The program now selects a title and description randomly from a list you create

• You can now specify keywords and a reciprocal link for your site

• All data is now stored in an access database, to make sure there are no problems losing data in case of problems

• More keywords are added, so there less of a chance that a field will not be filled in

I am still scrubbing the existing directories, so there may still be some incorrectly marked free or general, but I am working my way through the list.

Also, since it has taken so long to get the new version out, I am extending the offer for free premium upgrades to 12/22/06. Once again, all I ask is that after using the system,could you post any thoughts or comments on the system?

Thanks!

AllYearFootball, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  17. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that the DirectoryMaster2 Beta? If so, I downloaded it and am not able to get it to load. I get the canned MS message that it encountered a problem and gives me the option to report the problem to MS.

I did not remove the previous version of DirectoryMaster. Should I have done that?

Thanks for all your work.

RatDog, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  18. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    RatDog,

Do you get this problem when you install it or try to run it? It is a good thing you did not uninstall the old version if you wanted to keep the data you had before.

Are you running the version that is right on your start menu, or the version that is under directorymaster2 ?

Thanks,
    Ken

AllYearFootball, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  19. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    Ken,

The problem occurs when I try to run the program. I didn't have this problem with the previous version. It occurs regardless of whether I try to start the program from my start menu or from my program directory.

But, the problem I've been having has changed. Now, after I enter my username and password, I get a Microsoft .NET Framework Unhandled exception error message saying "Specified cast is not valid". If I click "Continue" to ignore the message, the program loads but none of my saved data is there (no big deal, I could recreate that). But as I try to use the program, I keep getting the Microsoft .NET Framework unhandled exception error.

I can PM you the unhandled exception details if that would be helpful. It's too long to post here.

Thanks.

RatDog, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  20. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think this has the potential to save a lot of time.

qwestcommunications, Dec 7, 2006 IP