1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid links can cause your site to lose page rank?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Lokahi, Sep 20, 2013.

So many people complain, 'Why did my page rank fall?'

Here's definitive proof from Google's Matt Cutts that a site can actually lose Page Rank from selling paid links that pass page rank. Of course, selling paid links is not a bad thing, so long as you add the no follow attribute, but selling page rank in this way is apparently forbidden. Please give this a read and comment.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/why-did-my-pagerank-go-down/

Lokahi, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  2. emily

emily Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's how it should be...

emily, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  3. Cool Blogger

Cool Blogger Member

Best Answers:
    I think it doesn't make your rank down as long as you choose the right link to buy

Cool Blogger, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  4. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This has been known for quite some time.

sunilmamo, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  5. royalstar_23

royalstar_23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, Paid links are good as long as you did not get caught.... Do you think you will get a high PR just by doing organic work? You can be on top with out getting paid links on PR prospective....

royalstar_23, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  6. Kami111

Kami111 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never seen this "in action" only sites that were penalized, I don't think you should worry that much, though it may depends on how much it takes from you SEO.

Kami111, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  7. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The Pagerank hasn't been updated in a year... there is no need to fear about it.

Hopefully, Google will kill pagerank soon, then no one needs to worry about it anymore.

uttoransen, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  8. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    matt cutt is a liar, don't believe what he say. He even said that duplicate content won't hurt your website as long as copied from authentic/ credible website. Post was published on SE Roundtable: http://www.seroundtable.com/google-duplicate-content-dont-worry-17115.html Can you believe him? Can you now copy others content and use it on your own website. Try it and Matt will be the first to penalize you :D

khemraj, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  9. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    khemraj, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  10. smoozoid

smoozoid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been getting killer traffic to my main money sites using links from my blog network. It's the same in principle, whether I bought the links or made them myself. Watch out for the normal stuff and you will be fine.

Specifically, keep your anchor text profile for your site diversified. Don't create all your links targeting your main keyword, but make image links, URL links, brand links, and more. Link from sites that have natural sounding articles. Stick with 2-3 links from the site you're linking from.

Avoid getting flagged for a manual review by Google by using safe practices and there's really nothing to worry about with a link buy. I find the consensus lately is that Matt Cutts job is to spread doubt about SEO. They don't want you to rank wherever you want to, but we are still doing it anyway :)

smoozoid, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  11. RKC

RKC Banned

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how you build links to your site. :D

RKC, Sep 30, 2013 IP