1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indians - How do you purchase a digital product?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by boyuancy, Sep 20, 2013.

Hey everyone. I'm from India and I want to purchase a digital product from Clickbank. I have an International VISA debit card (which can be used as a credit card I guess) but my payments aren't being processed.

If anyone here has purchased a digital product before, preferably from Clickbank, please let me know the steps you followed. Just in case, I have an account with SBI.

Thanks in advance. :)

boyuancy, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  2. karthikmllore

karthikmllore Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have an SBI account.. I had purchased hosting from a international web host without any problem with my platinum card...

make sure you have a silver or above debit card because international payments cannot be made using domestic (blue color) card..

another work around is to connect your card to paypal account and then pay using paypal...

No idea about clickbank payment processing though....

karthikmllore, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  3. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a golden card and I got it after I had issues with the domestic card (I went to the bank with the problem and I was suggested to get the golden card). I don't have a platinum card though.

PayPal won't let me connect the card to the account.

So what do you think is the problem? Thanks for your reply though.

4. karthikmllore

karthikmllore Active Member

Best Answers:
    it would probably be the address mis-match error then...

enter the address as you had written it in the application form to get the gold card...

If it's not address related, then I'm sorry I don't know what other issue you are facing...

and yeah, gold card is good enough...

karthikmllore, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  5. funty

funty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have 1 International Visa Debit Card & I have 1 International MasterCard Debit Card. I dunno why but mastercard one(from BOI) doesnt work for any international payment. Visa Card (from Axis) works good

funty, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  6. modernlifeisadam

modernlifeisadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get international debit cards and also international prepaid cards. Do a quick google search and I am sure that you will find what you are looking for.

modernlifeisadam, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  7. Infonic

Infonic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use paypal with your credit card or net banking or you can use any debit card for purchasing product online

Infonic, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  8. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone.

I had filed a complaint with my bank so I received a call from them. I was told that the VISA gold International Debit card is valid for making payments when I'm actually in the country where my payment is being processed. So for buying the product from Clickbank, I'd actually have to be in the US (are there any really, really cheap flights leaving right about now? :p).

Stupid, right?

Some other guy at the same bank had advised me to get the card before but now he's gone. Now I don't know what I should do.

So what do you guys suggest? Get an account with some other bank?

9. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Which product from Clickbank do you want to buy?

You can ask some 'trusted' US citizen to buy it for you. You'll save foreign currency service charges + credit card fees

Since all of the payment options available to you, aren't working, asking for help from any American person will be fastest solution

nihangshah, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  10. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wish I knew someone from the US. Is it possible to put it as a job on oDesk and pay an additional price to the person who completes it?

I mean, I give the person the entire cost of the product plus an additional charge for delivering it to me (it's a digital product so all the person has to do is send me the crack)?

I know a few people from the UK but all of them were my employers so it would be highly inappropriate for me to ask them for a favour, even though we have always been on informal terms.

:(

boyuancy, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  11. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal works completely fine for me :)

AmanDH, Sep 21, 2013 IP