1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much traffic would you need to make $500 a month from blog

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013.

I am wondering how much you guys need if you are making $500 or more a month. Plus could you guys provide some strategies to get more sales?

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  2. modernlifeisadam

modernlifeisadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not exactly how it works. Your question is incomplete. What are you using to monetize the blog? Adsense, CPA, Clickbank? Also, it isn't about traffic only. It's about what that traffic does. Are they clicking your ads or filling out your offers? Those are questions you need to be asking: How to get visitors to click my ads/fill out my offers.

modernlifeisadam, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how you monetize it, and whether or not the affiliate offers and ads are targeted to your audience. That being said, you're probably gonna need at least 5,000 visitors a day or so, but like I said, it all depends.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  4. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use affiliate marketing, I write reviews and have banner ads plus affiliate links in my blog posts.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  5. Thalasar

Thalasar Member

Best Answers:
    Well using that model quite a few visitors, on the order of 150,000 to 200,000 per month. Affiliate links are largely blind to users these days. If you threw in some sponsored posts there, along with with some directed CPA offers you can do it with less.

Thalasar, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  6. PardyCo

PardyCo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid even with a lot of traffic you may not make $500/m.

A lot of money being made online consist of revenue optimization, ad placement, sponsored posts, and affiliate links. Then it also depends on who actually clicks on your stuff, or signs up to websites with your referral links.

Traffic really does not mean anything if your users are not engaging enough.

PardyCo, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  7. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more.

VukasinI, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  8. Gugulethu - Blogging Pro

Gugulethu - Blogging Pro Member

Best Answers:
    I'll just tell you how I made my 1st $500 with a blog, maybe that will give you some ideas because your question doesn't have a straight answer.

I created a facebook group, from 0 to 2300+ members and only had 100 to 150 active members. I used to post 1 or 2 posts per day and allowed the members who have blogs to post only their latest posts. Only about 5 people had active blogs but they were not updating everyday and I was frequently posting and engaging with people which gave me a big advantage over them and other bloggers online. Just to put it in short, I became the go to guy!

I was building an email list and promoting affiliate offers to the list. My blog posts got visitors from the group and search engines. The other traffic was just backlinks (which I didn't create btw), word of mouth and social shares.

It took me 4 months to make my 1st $500 per month with a blog that was getting 270+ visitors a day BUT I had an email list of close to 800 email subscribers. The $500 came from affiliate offers...

I hope that helps.

9. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have a blog that converts 1 person out of every 1000 visitors (0.1 % conversion ratio) and you are promoting lets say hostgators affiliate program which pays out 75$ if you send them between 6 and 10 sales per month, then you would need 7000 visitors each month to earn ~500 bucks.

Helge Sverre, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  10. amiluvu

amiluvu Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, this idea of the niche site is one of the most fascinating anomalies on the internet. It’s one of the hardest, yet stupidly easy things you can do online.
    The steps to building a successful site that pulls in at least $500 a month are extremely straight forward, yet most people come at it from an angle of trying to game the system – they’ve lost before they even reached the starting line.

amiluvu, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  11. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm I see... but my main problem is building traffic. i only get about 600 vistors per month.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 21, 2013 IP