1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

godaddy or hostgator

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by silent_1, Sep 17, 2013.

Hi all

Which hosting service is good godaddy or hostgator?

Please comment.
    Thanks.

silent_1, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  2. snopycobra

snopycobra Active Member

Best Answers:
    snopycobra, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  3. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Between the two HostGator is the better option for web hosting. However I suggest you determine what your hosting requirements are and research a bit further into web hosting services to find the best option.

micksss, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Used Hostgator on and off for a long time now. Have absolutely nothing negative to say about them. Their customer support is always excellent.

qwikad.com, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  5. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If had to choose between the two then I'd say hostgator gets my vote. Mostly because I find godaddy's hosting panel very difficult to operate and hostgator has cPanel which is easier to use and I am more familiar with it.

newbie191, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  6. Gugulethu - Blogging Pro

Gugulethu - Blogging Pro Member

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy for domain name and Hostgator for hosting. And Hostgator has the best support. I also agree with newbie191 their cPanel is really user-friendly.

7. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use HostGator and I like it, but I can't define which one is better. However, HostGator works really good for me.

VukasinI, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  8. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one!
    Actually i have horrible experience with cPanel hosting. HIGH security concerns have to deal with. I probably go with IIS, Ubuntu or vdeck hosting (fatcow).
    Cpanel have many security to setup, but for avoid future workload of their technicians, hosting provider not set their security measurement! - even hostgator!

It's like Godaddy & Markmonitor ( both are domain registrar but mostly BIG brands registers their domains with Markmonitor - like Google )

I think, now you get the idea!

TrafficTOM, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  9. Alex Mattingley

Alex Mattingley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend hostgator, I've been with them for years and have had a great experience with them.

Alex Mattingley, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  10. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Neither BlueHost is the best hosting to use. I use it on all my blogs

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  11. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here a good example I got to see here on DP.

Want to read more go here : https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/wordpress-pharma-hack-on-godaddy.2630237/

See that's what am talking about.

Without manually user/customer settings, hosting providers can block all suspicious port from start, but they don't do that.
    Even if he not update/changes htacces file all port can not be access by 3rd parties, if and only hosting providers take some security measures before handing over account to their resp. user.

Just think about for few seconds, you have a sales site and you have done very good amount of paid advertisement. If your future customer click on it and see nothing or you have been hack or not find anything that, you have been decried on advertisement.
    You just lose your one or more than few potential customers rite away!

cPanel got easily attacked by DDOS and many malware injects code.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    TrafficTOM, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  12. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dionne,
    I never experience or deal with bluehost yet, so I'm not sure. But already experience Hostgator ( their child support ) and Godaddy.

13. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh ok use the one you feel most comfortable with.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  14. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! It's essential to choose the right host or all your hard work could be wasted or even worse, lost.

Dionne Taylor likes this.
  15. modernlifeisadam

modernlifeisadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In terms of convenience, go with Hostgator. I've been using them for a few years now and have had nothing but a good experience. Godaddy is a real pain when it comes to domain transfers too.

modernlifeisadam, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  16. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is more well known and is better, I've used them for a couple years now and I don't really have any complaints. Very reliable service, good prices and great customer service. Use Godadddy.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  17. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

This is all a complete load of nonsense. cPanel doesn't easily attacked, there are hardly any security issues, and DDoS attacks have absolutely nothing to do with the control panel. Those happen on any server with any operating system adn any control panel. Malware injects that happen due to piss-poor coding by the WordPress folks are not the fault or responsibility of cPanel or the host. That is WordPress's responsibility to fix! cPanel is one of the most secure panels you can use.

WSWD, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  18. jainy25

jainy25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about hostgator, but in case you choose GoDaddy, you might want to see this first -
    Source - https://cart.m.godaddy.com/cart/agreement.aspx?refurl=http%253a%252f%252fm.godaddy.com%252f%253fci%253d74942&agreementType=HostingServiceAgreement&ci=74946

So it's like they will compensate you for a downtime, but if your site/parts of your site go down, it won't be considered a downtime in 99% cases!

jainy25, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  19. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:

I don't like people, who just lie because they are selling similar or related product or don't know much knowledge about what they are selling.
    To prove my point I did DDoS to your site :

Before DDoS : http://prntscr.com/1scd3w
    After DDoS : http://prntscr.com/1scctv

I did it for only educational purpose and only for 10 sec ( I know sales value ).

You have my sincerely apology for this sudden behavior but I can't stand against your line : " cPanel is one of the most secure panels you can use "

Hope you understand.

20. jainy25

jainy25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Brother, what has cPanel got to do with DDoS attacks? You can DDoS any website. It depends on the level of hardware and software security(firewall) and the connectivity that they have got to block the attackers.

Of course, the more popular a software is, the more number of attackers, hackers and research workers it will attract. No one can say that cPanel doesn't have vulnerabilities. It sure does. But so does other control panels and softwares. It's only just that they don't drive enough attention for hackers to try them out. This makes cPanel the most favoured choice for everyone.

Again, there are several plugins and tools to secure your control panel and websites. So security also varies from different web host to web host and website owners.

jainy25, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.