1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa rank and number of visitors

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hhheng, Dec 5, 2006.

Does anybody have an idea for a specified alexa rank, what's the number of unique visitors for it?

I had a number of unique visitors about 30/day one month ago, and the alexa rank is 890563. This Monday I checked the alexa rank of my website, it was 407368, but the stats traffic report only shows a number of unique visitors of around 50/day. BTW, I'm using statcounter to track my traffic stats, and I'm suspecting its accuracy now.

Can anybody tell me what's the number of visitors should be for an alexa rank around 400000?

My website is www.hkhangfong.com, and you can check it in Alexa for rank and traffic.

hhheng, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  2. aspectart

aspectart Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa is a really pointless tool when you already have stats on your website. Your statcounter program should work fine as it will probably work by looking at the logs on your server.

Only techie people, such as Seo's, use Alexa and therefore the results are completely biased.

My site targets people who are mostly aged 40+, and so my Alexa rating is low... which of course has nothing to do with how many actual visitors I get, or successful the site is.

to get a rank of 400,000, my guess would be that you should be hitting around 1000+ unique visitors a day.

But if you run a site for techies then it could be much less.

aspectart, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  3. costa blanca

costa blanca Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa is so manipulated these days it not accurate at all,
    Google analytics is still not great but more accurate than alexa.

costa blanca, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  4. adsexper

adsexper Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa ranking is not really working, in our 2nd day we were in the top 100K, but in fact we didn't get much traffic. I think they are putting to much weight on the number of page view per user, which influence a lot the ranking.
    It's interesting to be in the "Movers & Shakers" parts, other than that don't pay too much attention

adsexper, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  5. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    The flaw in Alexa is that you have to have the toolbar installed and most people that have it are techies and generally visit techie sites.

Given 2 sites with identical traffic, one tech related, one not, the tech site will rank far better in Alexa.

When your ranking is in the millions just one extra visitor with the toolbar can influence your rank by the 100's of thousands.

The true value of Alexa does not come into play until you start ranking in the low xx,xxx range.

I find on my site one day I'll get 7K uniques and not rank in the top 100,000 while the next day I'll get 5K uniques and rank 60 - 70,000 and on some odd days even 20,000.

Roman, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  6. Warkot

Warkot Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points. Also, there's no Alexa toolbar for Mac users, or Opera users, or Firefox users. However, the excellent Search Status plugin for Firefox can show Alexa Rank.

Warkot

Warkot, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  7. dreamsubmitting

dreamsubmitting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont go to Alexa to check unique visitor of my site. You can try Google https://www.google.com/analytics Just sigh in and add a code to your site and get details of daily visitor.

dreamsubmitting, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  8. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i dont believe alexa . alexa shows the web sites stats wtih using a small spy on your computers. there are millions of people which are not using alexa toolbar ;)

trichnosis, Dec 9, 2006 IP