1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hard Disk problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by waleedhassan007, Sep 15, 2013.

Hi buddies hope you all will be fine!
    My hard disk contains two drives C: and D: but C: is not formating and also windows is not installing on it even i can't save huge data in drive C: because it give some error during copying files in it, from few weeks i running and installing my windows in D drive i want to know what happens with Drive C: Is it attacked by bad sector is yes then how to remove it?

waleedhassan007, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  2. livina

livina Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to use hdd regenerator, it will recover bad sector. When your harddisk recovered, then you should backup all of your necessary data.

livina, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  3. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have warranty on your HDD? If so, copy all the necessary data and replace it with a new one.
    If there are few bad sectors, there will be more, it's only a matter of time.

FTS!, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  4. nura235

nura235 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have came with the same problem, the hdd may be old, you must try hdd regen, before that take full backup.

nura235, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  5. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    If there are few bad sectors, there will be more, it's only matter of time. Better completely replace your HDD.

FTS!, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  6. UPandDOWN

UPandDOWN Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First you have to backup all your data and try to analyze your hdd with some software available out there like Minitool partition wizard.
    I suggest you format the hdd with low level format with HDDGuru or any other software, and recreate partition from scratch, after that you can start installing your windows.

UPandDOWN, Oct 8, 2013 IP