1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 Years Old - Game Website - Rejected Google Adsense Application Today :(

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by piyushchopra, Sep 16, 2013.

Hi Guys -

I have a gaming website where I add games reviews, news articles. All original content. My adsense account was not approved by google. So I am here to learn from experienced people, where did I lack.

My Website: http://www.levelunlocked.net

I dont have much traffic. I get daily 30-40 visitors in a day out of 10-15 are google organic.
    I have all the required pages. (I assume)

So where exactly, am I missing??

Regards
    PC

piyushchopra, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  2. 6YardsOut

6YardsOut Member

Best Answers:
    I'm only a noob so I don't know what I'm talking about but do you think that they are unhappy at the Sponsors section in your sidebar?

Maybe they don't approve of it..

6YardsOut, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  3. piyushchopra

piyushchopra Active Member

Best Answers:
    My friend that was meant for google ads only. :( They blank space you are seeing is blank google ad.

4. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude you are using copyrighted material without disclaimer, like the brand names , games names etc additionally you need to increase some traffic too but still , traffic does not have much concern but content do, I hope you got my point

danyalsadd, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  5. piyushchopra

Best Answers:
    Dude, now that's something I wont take it. That's utter crap. People sitting behind those computers are just some big nerds. GOOGLE is having fun due to its monopoly. Some get there website approved with 5-10 posts not even with about us page and all other bullshit people keeps on saying. I had everything required for it. It's just its up-to there whims and fancies now. Seriously !!

6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you are not meant to have the word "sponsor" for a start, (or at least NOT where the google ad is)
    it is potentially too close to clickable images

Lets look at your content:
    http://www.levelunlocked.net/2013/09/ps-vita-tv-not-releasing-europe-usa/
    compare with:
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/429237/ps-vita-tv-not-releasing-in-us-or-europe-at-this-point/

Very very little differences in the article. I am pretty sure that to have adsense your site needs to be quality, it may be that google is treating your articles as low quality content as it is so close to other articles with just minor differences, and or there is no real added value originating from your content.

have you checked your backlink profile? Adsense has closed down peoples adsense account, and sent them a letter indicating that it is their backlinks, and SEO tactics that are responsible.

To be honest, I think your traffic is to low to be worried about monetizing.

matt_62, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  7. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You look very desperate for adsense but you are careless as well, If you wont take it then dont , you asked so I told you , you copy paste the articles and think that you have created a site ? I can create a clone of digital point but this does not qualify me for adsense nor its A SITE , its a clone and so is yours, Those people who get accepted easily had worked hard in the past to get an adsense account , then they can add upto 500 sites in it, so then it does not matter your site is a week old or a year , or it has 10 visits per day or 10k, so stop wasting your time and work on your site

danyalsadd, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  8. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    They maybe using adsense on those sites but might not have used them to get approval - very big difference.
    I would say though that some of the bad advice you've been given on this thread appalls me. Check out my thread 'Adsense Myths'

adsenseplr, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  9. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What monopoly might that be? Do you even know what a monopoly is?

Agent000, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  10. piyushchopra

Best Answers:
    No, I dont know. I just said out of anger. You tell me if you know it very well..!!

piyushchopra, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  11. piyushchopra

Best Answers:
    I dont give a shit what do you think. Surely I have looked upon some sites for news, but every damn article is unique. Stop giving lecture.

12. Hurki

Hurki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I can see, your texts are not 100% unique.. and about danyalsadd, he's just trying to help you... you came here, asking an opinion and help, and you can't accept the truth...

P.S.:

I must agree with You in one thing, Google should write exactly what the problem is, they only send freakin automated messages that something is not wrong, check guidelines, bla bla... try to remove "sponsors" and leave blank space there...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Hurki, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    piyushchopra likes this.
  13. piyushchopra

Best Answers:
    Hurki, thanks for your response.

14. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all comes down to quality. Google doesn't want to have Adsense publishers that are not following Google Webmaster TOS as well as not providing a high quality user experience. You can have the coolest looking site on the block, but if your content isn't good, your traffic won't be quality. Google wants Adsense publishers with sites that have value for the visitor.

Get some original, high quality articles/reviews written for your site if you have to. Add a couple reviews a day for a few weeks until you have a nice stock of 50+ excellent articles up. Your posts/reviews need to be more than a hundred or so words. Google loves content. Try to shoot for 400-500 words in a post if you can. It's not 100% necessary, but anything less looks really thin in the eyes of Google.

Do some video reviews and put them up on a YouTube channel. Embed those videos on your site. Set up your site so it's user friendly and people can find exactly what they're looking for.

Break your reviews down into categories across your main navigation bar. Shooters | Sports | Adventure | Gear | News

Then put your reviews in the appropriate categories and you've got a solid site structure. Users love this. Google loves this.

Leave some quality comments on some blogs in your niche and link to your site if possible. Build a relationship with other bloggers in the gaming niche. See if you can rank for some terms and get traffic to your site before you worry about monetizing it. If you don't have 100+ visitors a day, you're wasting your time trying to make money from your site. Adsense will earn you about $0.65 a day with that kind of traffic. Make a site people want to visit regularly, then see if you can make money.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    christian231, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    piyushchopra likes this.
  15. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mr chopra you might had a adsense account before witch was banned by them > They must give a reason when they disapprove your application . So i guess keep on posting good content and wait and apply again after a couple of weeks . You might get lucky ...

swiftsaves, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  16. piyushchopra

Best Answers:
    I never had an account which got banned my google adsense.

17. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    have you looked into other programs? perhaps you can try cpalead, or selling adspace directly to members. What about DP's ad program, have you looked into that?

Getting adsense is one thing, actually keeping it *and* getting paid out is another.

matt_62, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  18. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    I notice the change of ownership post? I assume you just bought it?

The previous owners may already have got the site banned hence why you are getting rejected.

EDIT : More likely the copy & pasted articles, never noticed that at first.

GregWR, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  19. piyushchopra

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback.

piyushchopra, Sep 18, 2013 IP