1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get good Alexa Rank

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by baytreesolutions1, Sep 12, 2013.

1. goodstudy

goodstudy Banned

Best Answers:
    i can tell you a good way to increase alexa, you can install a toolbar called alexa toolbar if you use firefox
    it is a very good way to increase alexa

goodstudy, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  2. hockeystick

hockeystick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The toolbar will only allow you to vote once on your site. You can keep trying to go to your site but it is like a drop in a bucket. It's mostly effective when you have international traffic, not nearly as important in the US although it has some usefulness.

hockeystick, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  3. baytreesolutions1

baytreesolutions1 Member

Best Answers:
    I think page authority and domain authority of my website is average so that's why our Alexa tool is not responding us what i am expecting from that tool.

baytreesolutions1, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  4. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Just curious, why are you guys so into increasing alexa rank?

j3thro, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  5. hockeystick

Best Answers:
    To some it means something, especially if they try to sell their sites and domains that they built.

hockeystick, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  6. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What Alexa means to you? Is it important? Not for me. However, it is just a number that doesn't have a big value. The reason why you don't see a results are because of the updates probably.

VukasinI, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  7. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    But that isn't the case on flippa. Potential buyers never ask question why the alexa rank is not good or they were impress that it has good alexa rank. I think people here should be more focus on how to get more visitors. I see a lot of members here keep asking how to get good alexa rank and I somewhat feel sorry. Maybe I'm not just on the mood and it kinda upsets me. LOL

j3thro, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    hockeystick likes this.
  8. hockeystick

Best Answers:
    Who says that it's on Flippa? You see people trying to hawk their crappy adsense blogs here all the time. They are hoping that those who know less than they do will jump at the chance to buy their junk while it's in a honeymoon phase and they marketed the traffic, just before it plummets. No... you're not just in a mood. It's rather depressing to see how many get rich quick schemes there are.

j3thro likes this.
  9. abcRokkib

abcRokkib Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Firstly analyse the keyword correctly.then on page SEO , content writing and off page SEO should correctly done.this will increase your traffic as well as Alexa rank.

abcRokkib, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  10. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ok, first up, If you visit your site with your own alexa toolbar, you can drop it down ALOT. for example, sites that are new, that I am working on (ie NO TRAFFIC, maybe even password protected to prevent access) can get alexa ranking under 1million, simply as I visit the site daily, and working on the site.

So I want to emphasize that alexa is USELESS, and only for a rough guide only. Like i see a site with under 1000 alexa, I think, oh, they do have good traffic, but I know that it is only ranking it based on how many alexa toolbar users visit the site. I know that a site that caters mainly for mobile users (or has a large userbase that doesnt use alexa) might have a bad alexa ranking (say 10,000) but might have more traffic, and more revenue then the site with 1000 alexa.

If your alexa ranking has been sliding, dont pay attention to it, it may be that your users are removing the toolbar, or using phones more. Pay more attention to GA (or other reliable statistics programs), NOT alexa.

matt_62, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    hockeystick and malky66 like this.
  11. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Totally, but it doesn't matter how many times we tell them they just won't listen and still waste all their time trying to get a worthless low alexa rank

malky66, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    hockeystick likes this.
    how about the engagement on your website? Social shares/comments? I have experienced doing some social media actions in my site and then my alexa rank gradually improved

Fervil VOn, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  13. hockeystick

Best Answers:
    OK. So you can ignore Alexa and won't get all the link juice that my general purpose tech blog gets.

14. blue-eye

blue-eye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to improve your alexa ranking quickly, then use some paid service like following:-

www.boostalexaranking.com

blue-eye, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    wtf does alexa have to do with pagerank and SEO?

matt_62, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  16. hockeystick

Best Answers:
    Nothing, lol, it was sarcasm. It has just enough attention sounding words in it to make some people believe (most of whom probably have general tech blogs) that it is some type of wisdom.

matt_62 likes this.
  17. CharlieL

CharlieL Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop worrying about your Alexa rank. It's one of the least important metrics as far as the health of your site is concerned.

CharlieL, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    suganux likes this.
  18. suganux

suganux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    agree, focus on your content of your blog/sites :)

suganux, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  19. vinay26july

vinay26july Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alexa is all about traffic .Alexa of your site will be good if you have good traffic to your website so try to do more social media promotion because social media sites are the best resources for the traffic

vinay26july, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  20. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Absolute rubbish, have you read any of this thread?..you don't know what you're talking about..the only reason for your pointless post is a pathetic attempt at padding your post count.

malky66, Sep 15, 2013 IP