1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to rank Youtube video on Google?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shadabkdurrani, Sep 15, 2013.

Can we discuss here about the best methods to rank Youtube video on Google?

shadabkdurrani, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  2. Umer Hafeez

Umer Hafeez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea, I need info about it too.. Youtube been the best method to generate traffic!

Umer Hafeez, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  3. Patricianian

Patricianian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YouTube videos is just an inner page of a well-trusted domain/website youtube.com. So, build backlinks to it and it will rank higher, just like any other url on the internet. Keeping in mind that the video page has to be optimized in term of keywords and on-page factors like the video title, description, and so on.

Based on my tests, youtube and google tend to rank longer videos 1+ to 3 minutes in length higher than shorter ones (less than 1 minute).

Patricianian, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure your video is interesting. Write a good description for it and think of the different keywords people might use to find your video when they do a search engine search.

danasurvey, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  5. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, you need a keyword rich (not keyword stuffed) title for your video as this will appear as the page title for your Youtube video. After that, include a very thorough and accurate description for the video. But the most often over looked way to rank your Youtube video well is through the comments section. In this section, you have a wealth of opportunity to respond back to your viewers who leave comments. In your own comments, you can further use keywords and phrases (in natural context) which will put your video on Google's radar. The more active the comments section, the more likely the video will rank highly on Google search.

Lokahi, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  6. Nilesh Talaviya

Nilesh Talaviya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to follow basic rules when you create your YouTube Video.
    • Try to make it attractive
    • Must write the title of your video related to your niche.
    • After that create description in such a way that your video rank in top position in SERP.
    • Promote on different social media sites with relevant target people who actually needs these types of video.

Nilesh Talaviya, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  7. sinuwun

sinuwun Member

Best Answers:
    First, Make sure the title of your Youtube video has a keyword that you want to rank. In the description of the video you have to create some content that still related to the keyword/title. The most important thing is your video must have quality content, interesting to watch. You will get viral marketing from the people that share your video on social media. Backlinking technique to rank youtube video on Google is using social media activities like twitter, facebook etc. then you can do social bookmarking, wiki, press release and other social network post.

sinuwun, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  8. jenny ty

jenny ty Active Member

Best Answers:
    By following numerous points that are listed below your video can rank on Google.

Make your video informative so that people will like that.
    Done proper tagging for the video along with proper title and description.
    Get more and more Youtube likes for the Video.
    Share your Video on all your social networks.
    Bookmark your video on high PR quality sites.
    Get more and more Google +1 for your video.
    Share your video with your blog readers.

jenny ty, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  9. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are all correct. But the most important thing is backlinks. YouTube is googles, so they are not going to penalize their own site. So you can take advantage of that. Just keep posting more and more backlinks. Thousands and thousands every single day from a variety of different sources. This is one of the times when fiverr actually works.

CaliStyle, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  10. seotube

seotube Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Build backlinks. Especially with anchor text for the keywords you try to rank for.

seotube, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  11. DexLexington

DexLexington Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea..it really does!:)

DexLexington, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  12. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simple .... do a long tail keyword research related with your keyword . Use the keywords within the title and write a long description . then search related videos and post a video response to as many videos as you can ... thats all you got to do and then wait . More views and more related video approval fasten the process. that is the formula using so far and getting a good ranking .. hope it will work for you .

swiftsaves, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  13. Marketing King

Marketing King Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, you need to ensure your videos description is keyword targeted in order to get it picked up, next you need to build some backlinks.

Marketing King, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  14. al_clark7

al_clark7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should do all the important keyword type things that the people above have already concisely described.
    Then I would start to build .edu backlinks to the video, with wiki teirs above them.
    I would also get a few fiverr style social media gigs, pinterest likes, diggs, whatever you like.

I am NOT suggesting getting 5 trillion links.

I am suggesting getting the high quality fiverr gigs where people are mentioning you on maybe 5 of their social media accounts with large followings.
    Be realistic.

For $5 is the "get 10,000 backlinks" service going to actually work? NO, it will be poor quality bot traffic likely.

For $5 you will get more bang for your buck paying for "5x PR6 .EDU Backlinks" or something similar.

Think about the gigs you take. Be clever and purchase the small gigs that are more likely to be processed by a human. Be aware that for $5 you should only expect maybe 20 minutes of real real work, if that, so buy gigs where people are doing honest gigs.

al_clark7, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  15. al_clark7

al_clark7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another method I employ is to be polarizing in your video.
    By this I mean you should not sit on the fence.

I will give an example. In the dance music DJ world there is a big thing about Vinyl DJ's claiming that computer DJ's are cheating and are not really DJ's, whereas the computer DJ's can actually get more creative with their mixes using the power of the computer. Computer DJ's say the Vinyl DJ's are dinosaurs, stuck in the past.

If I was making a video on the topic of DJ'ing, I would intentionally allign with either the Vinyl DJ's or the Computer DJ's.

WHY?

Because I understand that I will never be able to please everyone, so I pick a side.

The effect this has is that it encourages discussion on the video. When you pick a side, the other side will disagree, and then people will defend your point of view and start arguing.

Social signals, especially on Google platforms, really do hold weight nowadays.

So, basically I am saying, intentionally try to p1ss off the people who don't agree with you, whilst providing great content and value to the people who share your point of view. If you can do this right, you will generate tons of comments on your video. Do not be scared to disagree with people. In fact, make it your aim!

If any of this helps you, share your appreciation. I wanna post a job in the marketplace.

al_clark7, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  16. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you I'd do some searches in google, find videos that are ranking highly and then analyse their link profile.

You will be pretty surprised at what you find, apparently building a ton of links quickly to a youtube video works well.

jamesbrands, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  17. rony2011

rony2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    is there any shortcut for short time rank.

rony2011, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  18. James_wick

James_wick Peon

Best Answers:
    Youtube is one of the best site to generate traffic on your site. Just simply upload the video with link of your site, by doing this you can earn massive traffic on your site.

James_wick, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  19. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Kianu42, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  20. Web Business India

Web Business India Member

Best Answers:
    Build high PR backlinks of your Youtube Video Link or you also can start paid advertising too for Youtube Video Promotion.

Web Business India, Nov 8, 2013 IP