1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ecommerce multi-vendor script advice

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by shah786, Sep 11, 2013.

I am interested in a script/ software which I can host on my server and offer a service where users act as vendors and can offer them a ready made online store by adding there own domain name or a option of a sub folder with my domain name. There stores will act as individual shops with there own designs on there own domain names.

They should have a WYSIWYG EDITOR with widgets they can drag and drop with full functioning cart and discount codes etc. Therefore needs to be very flexible for me to charge monthly with membership etc.

I have viewed 'iscripts gostores' script but needed to know if there is something else available with better features and more.

Your help and advice is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

shah786, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  3. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thankyou Nigel for the swift response and helpful link. Do they offer the vendor to add there own domain name to there store? As I believe the second one is more of a one place trading platform like eBay. I'm more interested in what shopify offer- want to offer similar service.

shah786, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not entirely sure. but...

I just saw this... http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/advanced-permissions-with-multi-vendor-9397.html

magento can run multiple stores on multiple domains from the same admin so in theory this would be doable. That said, I have not had to do this so I would have to run a few tests to fully flesh that out but yes, i would say that is doable.

At that point you would have something that resembles a SAAS sort of scenario.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  5. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info Nigel very helpful indeed.

So this just magento add on.

shah786, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that is for handling the permissions related to the task. You can set up and run multiple stores from one admin already. I believe they have to be on the same server though.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  7. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any other scripts to compare with??

shah786, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
  9. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Nigel you been a great help. Just suprised there's not much available software to create something similar to Shopify.

shah786, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  10. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is pretty complex stuff, it would cost 10's of thousands of dollars to simply code the platform to get that going. Magento is likely your best best given commercial bolt ons you can use for marketing features.

glad I could help,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  11. circlecity

circlecity Active Member

Best Answers:
    circlecity, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  12. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello thankyou but that is very similar to what shopify does, what I want is a software where I can offer the same service as companies like shopify or Uniecommerce. Where merchants will register with my website and can obtain a domain name to register there own seperate online shop on there own domain name.

I took a dive and purchased gostores and guess what.! The biggest mistake ever.! So many bugs and no logic in site navigation and an incomplete product.

So I'm back on the lookout for a multi vendor individual store software (SAAS). Please let me know of any software to solve

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    shah786, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  13. intMarketers

intMarketers Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for your bad experience.

Actually, I can help you out if you like using WordPress. Let me know if you are interrested.

intMarketers, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  14. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for the reply, I've never used wordpress as I'm not a techy so need a basic simple software yet good with functionality.

So please share further info and your help would be greatly appreciated.

shah786, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  15. intMarketers

intMarketers Peon

Best Answers:
    You are welcome.
    Well, WordPress has been made to enable the less techy people to create blogs and websites, it has an average of 20% market share in all existing websites I think. So its quite easy to use. The difficulty comes in the setup, especially, when it comes to complex systems like the one you want to operate, but then again, once you have it, operating it isn't that difficult at all.

16. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically I'm looking for SAAS solution to offer my clients to create a WYSIWYG shop with simple drag and drop widgets. With monthly plans and various functions. If Wordpress is the answer I'm happy so long it offers me what I require.

Currently I have a script bought from iscripts and it's useless and the support is so crap and they refuse to refund. I'm going to battle that out with them.

So tell me what can you offer me and your help is appreciated?

shah786, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  17. intMarketers

intMarketers Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, good luck on that.

Concerning me, here is what I can offer you:

Based on WordPress, you will have a system enabling you to offer subscription levels to your clients in order to get a shop, for each level you can set the features and/or the designs they get (with the level 2 getting all the features of level 1 + its exclusive features, then level 3 getting all level 2's features + it's own exclusive ones and so on..., these can also be Bronze, Silver, Gold..., Diamond...). Also, as you mentioned Shopify, you will be able to sell access to certain features on a per site basis (in simple words, a store in the backend where each shop owner can buy certain features from you). And of course, each shop will have eaither its own URL or a subdomain of your website.
    I will be glad also to offer you multiple premade designs so that the shop owners can choose the one they like and start right away with it.

I hope this satisfies you.

18. shah786

shah786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any scripts or software available to my requirements?

shah786, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  19. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried searching clone of shopify, but i don't think there is a lot. I came accros ShopQI from some chinese guy but there is no demo. This guy have it is a open source, may be you can give a try installing the script. https://github.com/saberma/shopqi
    Agriya is still pledging fund for this clone, other than that, i don't see lot of option for you.. :)

john.peter, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  20. 123eCommerce

123eCommerce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This are very specific requirements you have. I doubt you will find what you looking for with out of the box solution. You will need to invest into development

123eCommerce, Apr 28, 2014 IP