1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for Bloggers doing Paid Blog Posts

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by JagoHarry, Dec 6, 2006.

There’s definitely an increase in the number of people selling blog post services (i.e. they charge to write a blog post and put it on their blog).

For link builders: it’s a fantastic way to get contextual links from short articles (between 100 and 300 words usually). They are usually written from the blogger’s point of view and posted on blogs with some traffic. Therefore the conversion of visitors from articles on blogs is comparatively high, compared with link directories or article directories.

For blog owners: it’s a great way to earn some extra cash from people wanting to take advantage of sponsored posts. If you blog about relevant sites, it also gives you some additional relevant information to give to your readers; great when you have very little to write about!

To help link builders and blog owners (and I sit in the seat of both roles), I’ve put together a few tips that I hope will benefit both groups of individuals. My motivation for doing this is that it gives me better opportunities for buying blog posts from you!

- Register your blog with Technorati.com. Technorati provides a facility to count the number of blog posts that contact links to any given site. These blog links help rank other blogs too. So if a blog has more blog posts about it, the ranking of the target blog increases. This is one of many motivations for buying blog posts (especially in my case), and a great way for me to track blog posts that disappear.

- Don’t overcharge for blog posts. If you charge too much, I won’t pay. Many people will just move away from your offer rather than negotiate. A rough fee scale follows:

• PR0 to PR2 up $4 for a blog post written by blog owner ($2 if post written by buyer)
    • PR3 $5 for a blog post written by blog owner ($3 if post written by buyer)
    • PR4 $5 to $10 depending on traffic, backlinks, etc. ($5 if post written by buyer)
    • PR5 $10 to $25. Price varies greatly due to traffic, backlinks, if post written by blog owner, etc.
    • PR6 $15 to $30. as above

- The blogger should write the posts. It may be time consuming, but do offer to write the blog post for the buyer. You will get more work that way, as they don’t want to spend the time coming up with the unique content. They’ll prefer to pay you to do it. It also means the style of writing on the blog is maintained.

- Have different blogs on different C-class ip addresses if possible. This rule comes from normal back link rules from different ip addresses.

- Keep posts relevant. If you have a good quality niche blog, then avoid spammy or irrelevant blog post requests. A reasonable buyer will understand if you turn down a job, as irrelevant blog posts will not do them any favours either. It will also annoy your readers having to read spam posts.

I hope that helps! I look forward to seeing some more blogs being registered with Technorati in the near future.

JagoHarry, Dec 6, 2006 IP
    RRWH, seojig and onedollar like this.
  2. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Nice tips. I've sold a few posts in the past but do find it very time consuming and also depending on the niche of your blog it can be difficult to do a paid post without going out of theme. One thing I do is offer to add a link as a thank you at the end of a future post (e.g. Thanks to JagoHarry of Spy Review for helping with this post), that way I can blog as normal but still sell the odd link here and there.

dct, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  3. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    You only make like 5 bucks per post don't you? And it's kinda...I dunno...icky

Dekker, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  4. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I generally charge $25 per post and as it's just a thanks it doesn't effect or influence what I write about. I know what you mean about the icky thing though, I registered for Per Per Review (or something like that) and they were offering $50 per post but it just didn't seem right (you could say icky :)).

dct, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  5. JagoHarry

JagoHarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It you have a decent blog like Coolest Gadgets, then paid posts tend to be frowned upon. However, if the site being blogged about is a good quality site matching the niche, then the challenge to blog about the site is not a big one.

I agree with dct, as in his case the payment help with bandwidth, etc.

My blog network, which is not meant to be a high quality collection of blogs, its just an advertising network. Therefore the posts are quite spammy.

For http://www.spyreview.co.uk and http://www.directoryspy.com I choose and write the content.

JagoHarry, Dec 6, 2006 IP
    dct likes this.
  6. adamk

adamk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. I've been looking into doing some reviews and still can't come to terms on whether I should take that plunge or not. As dct said, it can be a little too time consuming and may be out of sync with my normal blog posts.

adamk, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  7. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since i live in Thailand i can do a few blogs per day for 10 dollar and live on it :)

TheSyndicate, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  8. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what are the companies/services/individuals who want these postings from blogger.
    I'm aware of payperpost and blogitive - what are the others?

sar420, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  9. RRWH

RRWH Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is some great advice here! But I tend to disagree about the $ for posts. I do have a blog where I blog for $$ and I have additionally paid for a few posts myself.

Now, remember, a lot of people are willing to pay up to $200 per year for a single link in a directory (yahoo springs to mind) and nearly all paid directories charge a fair price for a yearly featured listing ($20-40 is typical)

A blog post is far superiour to a directory listing as we all know directories are mainly visited by webmasters submitting their sites. Blogs on the other hand tend to get visited by real people. Your directory listing will usually be on a page with at least 10 and maybe as many as 50 other links, where a blogpost will (hopefully be) categorised and have a link to put the post on a single page.

Now, the payment side of things:

If I am buying a blog post, I usually pay around $10. I have offered as little as $4 and as much as $20 for a post. My method of determining the worth of a post is by looking at the blog. Checking out the style of the writing, the age of the blog, the overall quality of the posts. I de-value blogs that are not on their own domain (ie if you had a blogger blog It would have to be very special for an offer over $5 from me) PR plays very little importance - as Long as I can find at least 20 pages in the SERPS when looking for your site I know a post should get indexed pretty quickly.

I offer my own services at the upper end of the market and only accept reasonably priced offers from PPP and Blogsvertise. I would not accept any offer of less than $6 (and usually only select $10+ jobs). I am not afraid to say no way if someone comes to me with a site that is MFA or spammy. I will go out of my way to ensure that the requestor is happy with the quality of my posts.

If you offer less than $5 for a post, you might be just as well off investing the same $5 for a directory listing. Simply, for $5 you probably won't get a Great post. You might get lucky and get a good post, but not great.

I make a reasonable amount on my blogs and by keeping my prices high, I naturally prune out requests where people are not serious about getting a good post. Additionally, I have made enough out of my blogs so that they have paid for the domain registration and hosting for them for the next 5 years. This means that all the posts in my blog will be around for a long, long time. I can afford to be picky about what I accept to blog about, maintaining the quality of my site, and not just blogging for $$.

RRWH, Dec 8, 2006 IP
    JagoHarry likes this.
  10. JagoHarry

Best Answers:
    I don't pretend that the prices that I give are accurate. I wanted to offer a ballpark-figure to the prices I typically expect.

You hit the nail on the head with your blog posts though. Clearly only writing about decent sites is easier to do, and has a certain moral aspect to it (considering how bad MFA sites are for example!).

JagoHarry, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  11. RRWH

RRWH Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that at least the discussion here about pricing is good - people both thinking of buying and selling will better understand some of the aspects of the price asked/what they should offer for a GOOD Post.

In the short time I have been blogging for $, I have realised how effective this type of advertising is.

+rep given for starting this discussion.

RRWH, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  12. lekhi123

lekhi123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well what i think, that it is very good to accept the offers but we must also concentrate for which topic our blog is. It is different for the people whose work is to promote different websites and charging the money from the clients. Here what i noted that the amatuer blogger who are just on one or two topics are also using these things, just to earn money. However iam not descriminating anybody, i just want to give suggestion that please play safe. As you dont know when these kindaa things are gonna hit your PR.

Post Advertisement posts or prmotional post atleast after 5 posts of yours so that you main motive+ secondary motive can co-exist.

Hope i made many things clear.

lekhi123, Dec 8, 2006 IP
    JagoHarry likes this.
  13. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well said....thanks for the advice

sar420, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  14. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you made this thread for buying blogposts ? :p

MeetHere, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  15. ThisGoatStarves

ThisGoatStarves Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah cool - first time I've seen cold hard figures being laid down in this area. Very interesting.

ThisGoatStarves, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  16. JagoHarry

Best Answers:
    No. A tip for bloggers who sell blog posts that might be tempted to buy from in the future, and as a general tip to improve income from blogging.

Dan

JagoHarry, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  17. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    These are some great tips Dan. I would also like to add that bloggers should also not ignore the opportunities offered by exchanging blog posts with other bloggers especially if you are just starting out as it provides the blogs with some seed content and you get the opportunity to promote your blogs or other sites. :)

onedollar, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  18. JagoHarry

Best Answers:
    Blog post exchange is a great way to get started. Sadly, most bloggers aren't interested! :)

JagoHarry, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  19. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, most blogs don't like to do exchanges unless it is for a blog with the same or better pr.
    So a new blog is left in the cold.

I do reviews on my two blogs, and now have opened up one of the two blogs to registered visitors to post their own reviews.

Drawback is that very few people really will spend bucks on a good review on any blog.

iowadawg, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  20. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some excellent tips. I would definately ask the buyer to write the post but offer a significantly cheaper price. Having to write for all the buyers would be way to time consuming.

qwestcommunications, Dec 16, 2006 IP