1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

m2host is totally scam very bad experience

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by 18tubecocc, Sep 8, 2013.

m2host give hosting in 12 $ unlimited space and bandwidth for one year. I purchase the hosting for my 4 sites after one week daily sites disable on server after one month they demand to transfer the sites to dedicated servers or VPS . How it possible . They also not give backups and disable the sites form the server .
    the site just only 20 visitors per day no script plugin and that heavy the CPU of m2host.

Please be careful form these types of cheap hosting companies

18tubecocc, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  2. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmm what made you go with M2Host in the first place?, this is what I see when I search for them on Google..
    [​IMG]

Helge Sverre, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  3. Nootropics

Nootropics Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry about your experience ... we must learn from this, always take at least several days to check all possibilities and reviews when buying something..

Nootropics, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  4. WritingConsultation

WritingConsultation Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lesson for all of us to research before giving away hard-earned money...

WritingConsultation, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's called shared hosting for a reason. Nothing is unlimited.

sweetpea69, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt for what you are paying, they have provided you with the exact level of service that is consistent with the amount that you paid. What I hate, is that they should give you the option of access to your backups. The fact that its under 1 month, should be either a full refund, OR, a pro-rated refund.

But in regards to hosting, there is no such thing as unlimited. But it is one of the greatest cons, where it is the customers that seem to be demanding unlimited, but also demanding to pay nearly nothing for it. Customers are as much to blame for poor hosts, simply as everytime someone sees a host that is $10-$12 per year for unlimited, they believe its legit. A quality host charging a fair and reasonable price, would be seen as a "rip off". As a host, I have had more then 1 person insisting that I start providing unlimited, and quite frankly, I feel that this is false advertising, or borderline scam.

Many budget providers have revealed to me that they have secret limits, such as termination at 500mb, or at 1000mb -> (though usually it is after about 2 months, simply to make chargebacks difficult). Hosts never like to say that it is due to excess hdd / bandwidth usage, and will instead blame it on cpu.

I realise that you do not think that you used alot of cpu resources, however, I have found that article directory scripts (if they are poorly coded, and it is ALWAYS the wordpress ones) tend to overload the SQL server. (I am ONLY using this for an example, to highlight that for some sites / scripts, the resource usage may be higher then they expected)

One thing that you need to realise, is that when you are paying $0.50 per month, this really does not even cover the support costs. If you take into account payment processing fees, the host gets less then $0.50 per month, and you do not get a great deal of support for this 'generous' amount, and neither is there any funds leftover to provide you with any real server resources. Which means, that in reality, you have very little resources allocated for your site.

Speaking of unlimited hosts, many many people here do not realise how 'lucky' they are to still have their sites running. In the last 2 years, I have tried to buy out many smaller hosts, and you see their costs vs income, and for some of them, it would make you shit your pants. But while I am sure that some budget unlimited providers might be legit and stable business, for most, it is not as stable as people think.

(this was on their main site, it has since been removed, but thread can be found here)

I am not here to pick on any legit hosts, and SOME might do a fantastic job of providing quality hosting AND top support , But I am just mentioning quite clearly that budget unlimited in many cases is not stable.

I do not feel the need to promote or recommend myself, so I wont, however, If I may make a recommendation to someone else that is both quality and affordable, check out this page: http://ferngullygraphics.com/shared-web-hosting/

Its $20 per year, but notice how the limits are very clearly stated, and they are not even trying to pretend that they offer unlimited. With a host such as this, it is affordable, and you are likely to get a quality service, and you can clearly see that with $20 per year, your account is likely to still be there the next year. $20 per year for 500mb, sounds about right to me. Paying less for "unlimited" just wont happen.

End of the day, I believe that the internet world would be better off if:
    - website owners were prepared to pay the actual running cost of their sites, (not relying on the hosting provider to cover the extra costs)
    - if web hosts were more transparent about the actual amount of resources that were allocated to each account.
    - if each web host was a legit registered company, obligated to be responsible for their actions.

OP, If you would like a 3 month free trial of my hosting service, then feel free to PM me.

matt_62, Oct 13, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  7. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i just checked the site out. appearance alone looks like a shell of a company. just stick with the top names.

sweetpea69, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  8. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
    You got what you paid for.

monkeye, Oct 20, 2013 IP