1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

link building techniques for new ecommerce site in 2013

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by seowebguide, Sep 4, 2013.

I have been hired to help market a new ecommerce website. The domain is aged but there has not been much of any link building done in the past for the domain so for all intents and purposes it's a new domain.

The site is currently in a pre launch phase right now but I wanted to get some help from the community on what link building techniques are still white hat in 2013. Specifically for marketing an ecommerce site.

I've installed a blog to get article content on the site but I read the recent changes to google's webmaster guidelines and it seems that just about every active link building technique is now considered black or grey hat.

Can anyone shed light on what link building or marketing techniques are working in 2013 for an ecom site? (besides the "focus on making great content" cliche).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    seowebguide, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  2. arif26

arif26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Any Link Building technique Is Not White Hat All Manual Link Building technique Are Grey Or Black Hat And Google Will Not Like This But If You Build Links That Google Will Not Find As Spam Like Blasting Site With Scrapebox Or Article Marketing Robot Or Any Other Link Building Software build Links Slowly Using Senuke xcr Build 1 tier or 2 Tier Links to your site will improove your sites rankings in google :)

arif26, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  3. seowebguide

seowebguide Active Member

Best Answers:
    i was really hoping to get some white hat tips. surely there must be some marketing techniques that are not frowned upon. i don't want to game the system. i'm happy to be patient and build this up the right way. senuke and all the other software like it will leave a signature. google will wait for many people to get sucked into using it then blast all the sites at once. i don't want to lay awake at night wondering when google is going to senuke my site.

seowebguide, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  4. hope2life

hope2life Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can get links from trusted directories like dir.yahoo.com, botw.org, business.com which still works because they have an editorial value. But site can still be ranked higher without getting links. Here is the method http://www.paisa420.com/paisa/10/ .

hope2life, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  5. writegurl

writegurl Member

Best Answers:
    seowebguide, why don't you try to get product reviews from bloggers?

You didn't mention what type of products the site sells, but if it's family friendly, you might want to check out Pitch it to Me. Blogs listed here (there aren't many) must be at least 6 months old, and they must be doing at least 2 posts a week. You can ask bloggers to review your product... offer it as a giveaway... or even include it in a holiday gift guide.

Business2Blogger.com is another option. I've actually used them a few times to get product reviews and I've been very pleased. When I last used the service, I paid them to connect me with several different bloggers. The product that I gave the bloggers for review had to have a certain retail value. The bloggers reviewed the product on their blogs in a timely fashion. No problems.

Hope that helps!

writegurl, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You could also do guest posts on blogs.

usasportstraining, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  7. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    All the techniques of link building are still working! You need to do it with quality and overall link profile should look natural and relevant.

Thats it.

SERPpoint, Sep 11, 2013 IP