1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Good Keywords tools Better than Google Keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by ilovefreesoftware, Sep 10, 2013.

Google has now replaced its keywords tool with another version in Google Adwords. However, this new tool provides very limited information and IMHO, is not really much useful for content creators (could be useful for Adwords buyers, for whom it is primarily intended).

Anyone knows any other good keyword tools that are free and good?

ilovefreesoftware, Sep 10, 2013 IP
    jreign and incomebiz like this.
  2. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The truth is all the other keyword tools also extracting the information from Google's keyword tool

Therefore you will get almost the same results from the other tools as well.

dumindushalika, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  3. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

Most of the keyword tools are based on Google Keyword Planner....

And I don't get any problem using this keyword planner as well, you can get all the features from previous keyword tool.

SERPpoint, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  4. artofmarketing

artofmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use http://www.jaaxy.com/ . It gives me very good results and you can instantly see which keywords are marked as green, yellow and red!

artofmarketing, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  5. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ilove... - the new keyword planner tool does the job fine. Especially if you do what I do to find KW that 99% of people (and the crappy KW tools) overlook.

Use an Excel spreadsheet to help you create this list:

keyword phrase a
    keyword phras b
    keyword phrase c
    keyword phrase z

Put your KW in 26 rows of column 1, a-z in column 2 and use this formula in column 3: (=concatenate(a1,a2)) - then drag it down.

Then copy and paste all 26 phrases into the keyword planner. that makes use of Google's predictive phrasing to give you the 10 most popular search phrases where the extra word begins with each letter.

Use Google to your advantage!

Now you will have loads of keywords that most marketers won't even look for. And yes – it's free.

You might also like to see my post on DP about why paid for keyword research tools are garbage:

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/warning-paid-for-keyword-research-tools-are-garbage.2676978/

Malc

malcsimm, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  6. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well google keyword tool was good . But bad news Google`s keyword tool is no longer available individually . Now you got to have adwords account and its merged within Google`s keyword planner . So its going to take some time to get use to with this new keyword planner . So far finding a bit hard sometime as you need a quick and fast response . anyways also looking for a good one and will check the above.

swiftsaves, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  7. Atlanta

Atlanta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of other free methods to use for keywords. For instance, type in the keyword or phrase you are looking for into the Google search, scroll down to the bottome of the page and look at the related searches. Then click on those and do the same thing over again.

Also, look to the right of the page at the ads. These people have already done their homework so look at these to get more results and ideas.

Atlanta, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  8. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    The keywords planner tool looks a bit different at first glance but actually it doesn't miss any feature that I particularly want from the old KE tool External.

By the way, used together with Super Suggester the new tool works brilliantly. For example, with the Google tool put in "buy" (no quotes) and you get just over 600 results, if you exclude synonyms. Using Super Suggester you get over 7000.

Which is more likely to be accurate?

Only 600 results per people searching using the word "buy"? That is crazy – and Google is clearly editing the results.

Get around Google's limitations by using Super Suggester, then get the search volumes by either pasting the results 200 at a time (another Google limitation) into the keyword planner – or paste them into the free Market Samurai edition, 2000 at a time. (MS manages to get around this Google limitation.)

Then you have your estimated search volumes for thousands more keywords than Google Keywords Planner will ever give you.

Super Suggester is a great tool, and one of the few worthwhile keyword research tools.

Work in this smart way and you can use the Google tool to its best advantage, while getting around the limitations it has to put in place to confuse naive spammers.

Be smart, and don't pay what you don't need to for keyword tools - most of which are sh*t.

Malc

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    malcsimm, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  9. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    malc thanks for the explanation . Yes its true, Its looks a bit odd at first site but you have to play with it in order to get use to it . Thanks anyways buddy, tips are helpful.

swiftsaves, Sep 21, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  10. undergroundseo

undergroundseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i would not pay for any keyword tools as you just need the proper knowledge to properly analyze the keywords. Instead use the money you want to invest in tools and save it, you the time you have currently to build the knowledge to properly do keyword research via the keyword planner. Trust me, it will pay off in the long run.

undergroundseo, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  11. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Well, I'd make Super Suggester an exception, undergroundseo. That is one good piece of kit which gives you tons of keywords to go after in very short order.

It's like it's doing one small piece of what Scrapebox can do, but in a highly user-friendly way. And with SS you can't do any damage as you can with SB!

A really good piece of kit, doing one job (well, several variations of one job) terrifically well.

I commend it for your attention!!

Malc

malcsimm, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  12. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Wordtracker.com for free, you sign up and get 1 week free
    With the KeyCompete tool, you are able to extract keyword lists from those used by your competition within PPC marketplaces and campaigns.

You are also able to instantly evaluate the popularity of a specific keyword phrase based on the number of websites that feature these keywords within their website’s overall content.

ktp2012, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  13. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Atlanta, that's pretty much what Super Suggester does - scrapes Google type ahead function. Put in your keywords and it scrapes 10 results for your keyword a, keyword b, keyword c, then keyword aa, keyword ab, keyword ac...... etc. Very clever. You end up with 5-6-7,000 KW in ten minutes which you can then go and get volume for. (GKWP or Market Samurai.)

Also, SECockpit does that scraping as part of its function. But Super Suggester is $47 or so, one off, and SECockpit is $97 a month!

I know which I choose!

Malc

malcsimm, Oct 3, 2013 IP