1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by skb329, May 13, 2012.

1. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I quit smoking with nicotine gums. My problem is I can't quit chewing nicotine gum since almost a year. I sleep, wake up, take shower, talking, walking, etc. with a gum in my mouth. It's crazy, but true. However I accept gum related problems are not big compared to smoking.

makeit easy, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  2. Potex

Potex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    smoke = life :D

Potex, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  3. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do it gradually. Smoke one less cigarette a day till you cut down to one a day and THEN its easy to stop cold turkey :)

scurvy, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DISCLAIMER: I run a marketing boutique of sorts. I help folks actualize ideas, develop business models and launch brands for a living.(just getting the obvious out of the way)

One of my favorite gigs to date is in my signature, Aquacig.

I smoked, since I was a kid(30+ years). Its not a good thing. I used to run competitively. I couldn't run from the cops right now.

I can report on month one of using e-cigs. If I have to sell something I need to get into it anyway ;)

I have not had an actual cig. in 26 days(I have not been able to do that by any other means in 30 years). One day I realized I had one real smoke left so I just figured I would see if I could not buy another pack.

I felt like complete shit for a few days as I hacked out all sorts of crap from my lungs. When I hit day 4 it occurred to me that I had waaaaaay more energy.

I should also note that, in theory or in my case, it seems to me it was much worse to come off of the crap in the cigs than it was the nicotine.

I plan on doing this for about 2 months then i am going to lower my dosage a bit. Rather than view quitting as the only end game here I am already stoked that I feel inclined to work out a bit, don't smell like an ashtray and can frankly breath when I get up in the morning.

With that said, I have made a lot of money on DP during my stay here. Mostly, because I am helpful to others.

It seems only fitting to make a coupon for you folks!.

Simply use the coupon code DIGITALPOINT during checkout on http://www.aquacig.com and receive 30% off starter kits or disposables(I like them, they last for days).

Happy to answer questions about my client or further share my experience trying to not smoke cigs. Anyone stuck with smoking but hates it, knows exactly what I mean. I smoked because I had to or I went bat shit crazy.

no marketing required, just human and awesome.

Nigel

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Nigel Lew, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  5. X P S

X P S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried different methods but only 1 worked... for a few days... switch your cigarette brand.. try different brands until you find the one that makes you puke!!

Really.. I liked Marlboro & Bensen... one day I tried Goldleaf and it really made me vomit... so bad taste... and it kept me from smoking for almost 4-5 days... the moment i thought of smoking... i recalled the taste of Goldleaf and felt like puking again!! :D

X P S, Sep 1, 2013 IP
    makeit easy likes this.
  6. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What you need is HOWTOSTOPSMOKINGNOW.FAKE/?AFF=123123.... Joke aside.
    My suggestion is to either get an E-Cig, nicotin gum or patches, start with an approximate equal dose/strength of what you are smoking at the moment, then each month turn down the strength of the nicotin until you are down to zero.

Helge Sverre, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  7. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you. It's a good strategy and it worked for me. I like Camel but I find Lucky, Bensen, Rothmans, Davidoff and Gitanes are also good and different. I quit smoking by trying bad cigarettes. They were all disgusting and not famous brands. I can suggest trying bad cigarettes to whom wants to quit smoking. Because it worked for me.

makeit easy, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  8. Teg

Teg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is this newish technology called ECig Charleston, they are based out of Charleston, SC. There website is http://www.ecigcharleston.com/Default.asp The reason I'm recommending this for you is it is helping me, and I do mean HELPING me to quit smoking. Their product is a liquid that produces vapor. The only harmful chemical in these is the nicotine. There are different milligram levels of the liquid that you can buy which helps you go from their top mg down to zero. I started at the highest, and in two months I'm down to 11 mg. One 10ML bottle of the stuff is equal to a carton of cigarettes, so it's also cheaper. They have tobacco flavors as well as other fruit flavors. The cinnamon pear is the main one I use. I am down to 5 cigarettes a day right now since I started using this a little over a month ago. I was smoking two packs a day. What might be right for me, might not be right for you, however the reason I tried it was because several of my friends told me that it helped them. I tried one of theirs a few time and it's so much smoother than an actual cigarette and the other electronic cigarettes out there. It's almost impossible this day and age to quit smoking cold turkey, so I'm recommending you try this. They offer several types of start up kits.

Teg, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:

If you are going to drop random links at least make an effort... No coupon either. I won't have to worry about competing with their marketing folks apparently.

Paragraphs are wonderful things as well.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  10. Teg

Teg Greenhorn

Best Answers:

At least make an effort for what? I was merely making a suggestion based off of personal experience. Since when is that wrong?

Teg, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am more than happy to admit when I am wrong. Your post simply has all the hallmarks of spam-tastic, shitty marketing. Having been at this for about 13 years, I am pretty good at spotting it.

Not really english-check
    No paragraphs-check
    New here and espousing the merits of anything really-check

I don't typically mean to offend ;) Glad they are working for you though I reckon. I was not thinking and broke down and had a few cigs the other day. I felt like shit again for 3 days. I must try harder.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  12. drfreshllc

drfreshllc Peon

Best Answers:
    drinking a lot of water helps if you're going cold turkey. other than that e-cigs work well, used one for a month.. you've got to be mentally ready to quit... i would try to quit and usually i didn't even want to so it made it that much easier to start up again.

drfreshllc, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  13. zeezed

zeezed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quite Smoking is Too much Hard ...

zeezed, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  14. MDSEO

MDSEO Member

Best Answers:
    everyone knows that... but that's human ... something they like is not necessarily good for him, otherwise too.. ;)

MDSEO, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  15. Addy Airla

Addy Airla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    smoking is very harmful for smoker and our envirement the chance of lung cancer is increase due to smoking

Addy Airla, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  16. Morales

Morales Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    try quitting for few days and you'll see the difference. This matter is subject to your ambition so if you don't really want to quit that habit you will not stop.

Morales, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  17. s2pidkaspr

s2pidkaspr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying my best to stop, its hard. =/

s2pidkaspr, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  18. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    I know few ex-smokers who quit after they have read Allen Carr books.

FTS!, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  19. vincentweb

vincentweb Member

Best Answers:
    I just cant stop the habit, maybe wont. i started to smoke since 13 its almost 20years now.

vincentweb, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  20. nickspring

nickspring Member

Best Answers:
    I stopped smoking successfully in 2011 using shisha instead of cigarettes. Now I don't smoke shisha also :)

nickspring, Oct 8, 2013 IP